• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

Round 1: (2) Red Wings vs. (7) Blue Jackets

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

I think it's going to be an interessting 1sst round.

Edited by Shoreline

I like this because...

Its good for travel

Its good for waking up to go to work the next morning

its good for hockey in general no better way to get Columbus fans into the game then to play a local team, same for 2 cali teams (local interest)

I feel better going up against the jackets than the ducks just something about that team.

Wasn't it about a month ago when we had just dismantled these guys that Hitchcock said that if the Wings play up to their potential that nobody could beat us or something to that effect Not a great statement for him to have made going into a playoff against us as it turns out but these guys will come out all full of piss and vinegar and we better get in playoff mode from the first whistle.......

DOes ANYBODY think there may be merit in benching Ericksson for at least a game and let Chelios start just so Ericksson doesn't get perhaps overwhelmed by it all?

I've been pondering this a bit... comments.......

Wings will come out fired up, especially during the home games. The Wings offense is going to have to score a lot if thats what it takes to bail out our defense or goal tending. I'm feeling good about this, Ozzie has some great confidence in himself, and some crucial practice time for the Wings is most likely working on playoff defense and spot on goal tending.

Wings win in 5 games.

Guest mindfly

I'll predict the outcome after game1, game1 will tell ALOT on how wings playoff run will look like imo, if they dont have that desperation and intensity they are DONE.

Columbus is an easier first round opponent then Anaheim for sure. Anaheim has been so red hot lately, and always seem to play the Wings extremely tough. Not too mention the travel will be much better for the Red Wings now too. Columbus could be in the mode of "happy to be here" instead of concentrating on actually winning the Cup. My prediction is Wings in 6. Sharks in 7.

Wings have matched up well vs the Ducks this year. However, had we played them in this last month, I think they would have kicked our a$$.

Time to see if this team can "turn it on" for the POs or not.

I've been waiting several years for Sharks-Ducks. Go Ducks! :blink:

Excited to play Columbus, it should be a great series.

I really don't believe this whole thing about the Wings not playing to their potential. They played as well as they could've today, and we shouldn't magically expect everyone to turn it up. For this entire season, we've been saying "It's only November" or "It's only January", then suddenly "It's only the regular season." We'll all say it after Game 1, then Game 2, then what? If the Wings don't take Game 1 and 2, it'll be over. Osgood will fail, it's just a matter of when.

Columbus in 5.

I hate to brign up the the past, but when we were two games down from the Canucks, did you give up then too?

Either have confidence or don't be a Wings fan at all, I hate bandwagoners.

Edited by Christ0pherXx

Guest Shoreline
Excited to play Columbus, it should be a great series.I hate to brign up the the past, but when we were two games down from the Canucks, did you give up then too?

He sure did, I bet, assuming he wasn't an Avs fan or something back then. Never know how fans like that ever came to liking the team they do.

Real fans call the postseason over before it ever starts.

Edited by Shoreline

Like it was stated above; Wings need to contain Nash and keep Mason from getting hotter than a Las Vegas night.

Key to this series is to:

1. Get traffic in front of the net

2. Get rebounds

3. Do not give up any turnovers

Excited to play Columbus, it should be a great series.I hate to brign up the the past, but when we were two games down from the Canucks, did you give up then too?

pessimism and bandwagoning aren't synonymous.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeess!!! I'm so stoked for the playoffs!! :banana: :yowza:

This will be a great series. I'm saying Wings in 6. :thumbup:

Really looking forward to the Sharks/Ducks series too, gonna be awesome.

PLAYOFFS!! HELL YEAH!!!

Guest Shoreline
pessimism and bandwagoning aren't synonymous.

Here they usually are.

After 2 losses against Nashville last playoffs, everyone suddenly knew the Wings weren't going to make it even as far as the SCF. Then, suddenly, people were all of a sudden confident in the Wings when they made it to the SCF. Pessimism or bandwagoning? Both.

Let's go Wings! Prove the bandwagoning pessimists wrong. :)

Edited by Shoreline

Like it was stated above; Wings need to contain Nash and keep Mason from getting hotter than a Las Vegas night.

Key to this series is to:

1. Get traffic in front of the net

2. Get rebounds

3. Do not give up any turnovers

Well said. I see #3 being our big problem lately.

If the Wings solve Mason and we do to Nash what we did to Malkin/Crosby in the finals last year, we win. Osgood just being stable in net for the first round should be good, as Columbus doesn't exactly score a ton of goals.

WINGS IN 5.

Guest Shoreline
What's our record this season with Columbus? NHL.com doesn't have it up yet. Thanks.

Skimming over the season schedule really quick it looks like 3-2-1. One of those two losses being 8-2.

Edited by Shoreline

I gotta say I'm a little worried about this. Columbus has had some pretty good success over the Wings this season, I hope I'm worrying for nothing and the Wings can douse the Jackets as quick as possible and move on but I think this is going to be a big series. I was really hoping to play the Ducks or Blues in the first round but oh well. Let's Go Wings beat the Jackets!!

Here they usually are.

After 2 losses against Nashville last playoffs, everyone suddenly knew the Wings weren't going to make it even as far as the SCF. Then, suddenly, people were all of a sudden confident in the Wings when they made it to the SCF. Pessimism or bandwagoning? Both.

Let's go Wings! Prove the bandwagoning pessimists wrong. :)

it seems a lot of "optimist" fans feel the need to get self-righteous and proclaim how superior their fanmanship is to pessimists. being an optimist doesn't make you a better fan. being a pessimist doesn't make me a bandwagoner. people see the world in different ways. seeing things negatively doesn't make a person any less of a fan.

a bandwagon fan is a fan that's only a fan when the team is winning. it's not the same as being a negative fan.