• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mike

4/19 Playoff GDT

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline
Someone once made a hilarious comparison in which if you think about, it fits sometimes, but not really. They compared his voice to a bipolar kermit the frog.

Sweet. :lol:

Guest Shoreline
You know, the whinning about calls on here is absolutely unbelievable. The penalty calls have been about even all series with the exception of the end of game 1 when Philly went head hunting.

Anyone watching today's game that thinks the refs are favouring the Pens are plain blind or purposely hating on the Pens for no other reason than the usual. The only suspect calls in this game have been on Staal and Malkin. Does anyone here really think that Malkin should have just got a penalty there? Let's pretent know one saw that though and the next time the Flyers get a penalty, it will obviously be uncalled for.

Did Crosby get away with stuff in front of the net, sure, but do you think the 2 or 3 Flyers were just standing there, they let things go both ways.

The refs have basically been jobbing every team in the league. I'm quite astounded nothing has been done to them about this.

Doc - "Wonderful conception of a play"

WTF does that mean. Just say "What a great play"... come back Gary Thorne

Don't hurt his feelings! Someone got him a thesaurus for his birthday and he's been waiting to use it!

Also his word-a-day calander.

You know, the whinning about calls on here is absolutely unbelievable. The penalty calls have been about even all series with the exception of the end of game 1 when Philly went head hunting.

Anyone watching today's game that thinks the refs are favouring the Pens are plain blind or purposely hating on the Pens for no other reason than the usual. The only suspect calls in this game have been on Staal and Malkin. Does anyone here really think that Malkin should have just got a penalty there? Let's pretent know one saw that though and the next time the Flyers get a penalty, it will obviously be uncalled for.

Did Crosby get away with stuff in front of the net, sure, but do you think the 2 or 3 Flyers were just standing there, they let things go both ways.

YES, Malkin deserved the penalty. Stick was parallel with the ice and slowed the guy down. Textbook hooking call.

YES, he cross checked a guy and created his own scoring chance. If someone was making a ref training video of a textbook crosscheck, that would be in the video

EDIT: grammar

Edited by McCartyFanForLife

Ths has been an exciting game to watch, in terms of the high level of energy and physical play, but... man, talk about sloppy play on both sides of the rink.

Gonchar is having a bad game. He screens Fleury on the first goal and then is very lazy in retrieving the puck on the PP that lead to Gagne's goal.

It should be an exciting finish to this game if it's played anything like the first two periods.

The refs have basically been jobbing every team in the league. I'm quite astounded nothing has been done to them about this.

I think consistency is still the problem, they call some stuff not others. I really think they need to either call everything or don't. If they don't call anything, it takes a lot of the skill players out of the game, but if they call everything, the games are crap, you just hope the players stop commiting the penalties. It's tough, but it's clearly inconsistent now.

For clarity...the penalties in the Pens/Flyers game currently are 5-5.

Guest Shoreline
I think consistency is still the problem, they call some stuff not others. I really think they need to either call everything or don't. If they don't call anything, it takes a lot of the skill players out of the game, but if they call everything, the games are crap, you just hope the players stop commiting the penalties. It's tough, but it's clearly inconsistent now.

For clarity...the penalties in the Pens/Flyers game currently are 5-5.

I think they should just call the obvious penalties. The ambiguous ones.. ok, but obvious infractions that happen to a puckhandler should NOT be let go. Chincy stuff.. ok, and I'm even ok with the coming down on "message sending", but at this point it appears the league's own "message" is very tough to decipher.

and what exactly is your logic behind this statement?

that equal number of calls is just?

Anyone watching today's game that thinks the refs are favouring the Pens are plain blind or purposely hating on the Pens for no other reason than the usual.

or just have own (subjective) opinion?

the fact that some people think different than you does not make them blind. OK?

The only suspect calls in this game have been on Staal and Malkin. Does anyone here really think that Malkin should have just got a penalty there? Let's pretent know one saw that though and the next time the Flyers get a penalty, it will obviously be uncalled for.

I can only judge by what I see on TV. and I see a couple of consecutive weak calls against Philly

at the moment Pens trail. and I see a brutal non-call in a black-on-white situation. you call me blind.

and I call it my opinion. which is that those were a couple of calls which came very handy for Pens.

and for the record: I never even stated the refs are biased.