• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mike

4/27 Playoff GDT

Rate this topic

I agree it's meaningless, but to be accurate, the Wings won the season series 3-2-1. You're letting that one dark, dark day cloud your memory. :lol:

edit: spelling

Or, if you're a BJ, it was tied 3-3. Thing is, both sides are right. Stupid points system.

But yeah, that was a dark, dark day. Living in Ohio, the BJs are my most hated team and that was just flat-out embarrassing. Glad we got to issue them a playoff beatdown, that more than makes up for it obviously.

Edited by C-TownWing

I wonder why Pavelski didn't take his helmet off... if you're going to fight, seems to me you should at least get rid of the visor. Maybe I wasn't watching closely enough and I missed something?

Oh my. The first commercial at commercial break was about buying Sharks playoff tickets. Talk about the worse timing ever. :lol:

They ought to reverse their promotion next year: buy playoff tickets in advance, and it guarantees you get regular season tickets :lol:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Or not. Calgary was better in the first 4 games, but choked away leads twice. I don't think Chicago gets away with that against the 'Nucks.

Am I the only one on this bored who thinks that the Nucks arent anything special?

Or not. Calgary was better in the first 4 games, but choked away leads twice. I don't think Chicago gets away with that against the 'Nucks.

Seems to me like a Hawks/Nucks series could be a heavy-hitting hoohaa too. We can hope for the best.

:sneaky:

A loudmouth wise man once said, "Youth and enthusiam will only take you so far. I'd rather be old and smart than young and dumb anyday." :P

Brett? you trolling? lol

Why is everyone so afraid of the Hawks? 8-0 vs Quenneville last year. 4-0 this year until two meaningless end of the season games.... outside of Conklin sucking in the first period of the Winter Classic - we schooled them. I'll eat my hat if that guys can beat the Wings in a 7 game series....

I wonder why Pavelski didn't take his helmet off... if you're going to fight, seems to me you should at least get rid of the visor. Maybe I wasn't watching closely enough and I missed something?

He didn't drop the gloves first. Whitney did. Whats he going to do. "Um, excuse me while you throw haymakers and I remove my visor." Whitney should've grabbed him, dropped the gloves, and told him to take off the visor if it meant that much to him.

Am I the only one on this bored who thinks that the Nucks arent anything special?

The team isn't all that special, but Luongo is the type of goalie that can steal not just a game, but an entire series. Which is why I'd rather play Hiller, who in my view is very beatable with our puck at the net/crash the net/screen the goalie system.

Is the SJ/ANA game going to be in HD on versus when they switch over? CHI/CAL wasn't...

That's funny because I was watching Calgary and Chicago on Versus and in HD and yes, they did go the SJ/ Ana game. Saw the fight in HD

Brett? you trolling? lol

Why is everyone so afraid of the Hawks? 8-0 vs Quenneville last year. 4-0 this year until two meaningless end of the season games.... outside of Conklin sucking in the first period of the Winter Classic - we schooled them. I'll eat my hat if that guys can beat the Wings in a 7 game series....

Does your hat look like Babs' in your avatar? :lol:

I really enjoy watching all these teams beat the suitcase out of one another.

Yep, 2nd best part of the playoffs after winning the Cup is what we're all doing right now--waiting for our opponent in the next round, watching them get beat up on the way there.

Chicago's got a solid top two lines and a solid top two defence pairs, but some question marks in net (and yes, I realize Khabibulin's won a Cup). Vancouver's similar up front, a bit weaker on the back end, but they have a well rested Luongo. Pretty much a wash to me, but Chicago would be a more fun series, for old time's sake. The Wings haven't played that team in the playoffs since 1995. That just isn't right.

That's funny because I was watching Calgary and Chicago on Versus and in HD and yes, they did go the SJ/ Ana game. Saw the fight in HD

Damn it, then that means my Comcast system is effed up. It is for some reason showing the same programming as GolfHD, so I get two channels of GolfHD and ZERO hockey...damn you Comcast!!! :ranting:

Calgary's outshooting Chicago 33-11 thru 2 and is losing 3-0. You can't lay it all on him, but what the hell happened to Kipper? He was so great in 2004, but he's just not been the same at all in the playoffs ever since.

Keenan happened to Kipper. Don't be fooled, Kiprusoff was pulled in two of the seven games last year against San Jo and was inconsistent all year this year. You can't used the "tired" excuse early in the year, can you? I can only conclude it must be mental and connected with Mike Keenan who at times is at odds with goalies. Remember how he ran Curtis Joseph out of St. Louis? Joseph resembled Kiprusoff in '95, very inconsistent and they lost in the first round to the Canuckleheads if I remember. Some goalies like Fuhr/Richter flourished under Keenan but others faltered. Kiprusoff is an immense talent but there's no explaining why he is so inconsistent beyond Mike, Kip looked was so pissed after being pulled the other night, Keenan has a real mental impact on his goalies. Of course kudos to him for stopping Hasek from going back to the Czech Republic in '92.