• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mike

4/27 Playoff GDT

Rate this topic

If Ducks win tonight, do we know what day the 2nd round will start?

Most likely Thursday. There's an event (not sure if I've heard yet what it is) at the Joe on Saturday, so game 2 will for sure be on Sunday.

I'm starting to think that i dont really want to play the ducks... these guys are as physical as all get out. :scared: :scared: :blink:

That's a pretty big catch 22 though. If SJ somehow pulls out this series, they will be a team absolutely brimming with confidence. Label them chokers (and well deserved if they lose tonight) all you want, but a team that's as confident as SJ would be after winning a series like this could be DANGEROUS.

I have a feeling they would make it past Chicago, and then be waiting for us in the WCF (provided we make it that far, of course).

I'm starting to think that i dont really want to play the ducks... these guys are as physical as all get out. :scared::scared::blink:

The Wings did a pretty good job in '07 against them physicality wise. They'll be fine again if not better. I'm so excited to face the Ducks. It's going to be a great series *if we actually do face them* I want revenge for '07. :sly:

I've have to start wondering if Nabokov is one of the most overrated goaltenders in the NHL.

Well, they were saying that he's faced the least amount of shots of any goaltender in the playoffs.

So............................. :P

reading the sharks board and I found my favorite post

Hate to count these guys out, but Detroit is going to murder these bums

and this one

cant wait to see a real team...(detroit) play these bums
Edited by redwings4life

Detroit's offense will cause a nervous breakdown on this Hiller boy. We'll break him.

I don't know if I'd say a nervous breakdown, but we'd sure make life more miserable for him than the Guppies have so far.

We showed during the Columbus series that we've got the players that aren't afraid to take it hard to the net, and we scored quite a few goals against Mason that way.

And SJ has shown a few times in this series that if they crash the net, it gives opportunities to put the puck in past Hiller. I'd be willing to bet that would be Babcock's strategy as well. If I were Babs, that would have been my message ever since knowing we'd be playing either Hiller or Luongo. Drive the net, make life miserable for the goalies.

He most definitely is.

I just think that for all of the greatness we hear about him every season, the 82 game "Nabby" is nowhere near the playoff "Nabby"

I am thinking that the grind of playing 60+ games during the regular season just really kills him when the playoffs rolls around. He has been shaky the last few weeks of the regular season and now the playoffs..

Kiprusoff seems to be the same way.