• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 1 GDT: Ducks 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I believe he said it was legal and that Brown hit with his shoulder or something and then went on to complain about Homer and running Hiller.

Babs' press conference was kind of hilarious though. I love how calm and collected he is.

I don't see much of a point in him disputing whether it was a legal hit or not. Action has already been taken and really, there's nothing he can do to stop it now. Might as well just say "I didn't agree with the call" and move on. No reason to whine about it.

I don't see much of a point in him disputing whether it was a legal hit or not. Action has already been taken and really, there's nothing he can do to stop it now. Might as well just say "I didn't agree with the call" and move on. No reason to whine about it.

I agree. He came off as a bitter, sore loser.

Crazy finish to this game.

All in all, we didn't look TOO bad for a team with 8 days between games. Definitely room for improvement, but that's good. We know we can get better.

Now I'll just sit back and attempt to prevent the heart attack I nearly had from the end of that game! :lol:

And that's the best news to come out of this game other than the win. PLUS, our guys handled the PK better than they have. I want to think that's a really good sign of things to come.

Guest Shoreline

I can say Game 1 made me feel so much better about this team. The Ducks D is tough but the Wings know what it takes a lot sooner. Much confidence.

You should see all the ****** bag Duck fans posts on their board, every other post complaining about a supposed Detroit penalty the ref's missed. Oh and of course the hit on Hudler wasn't dirty :rolleyes: Late hit to the head "elbow or not" and its not dirty. You can bet if it happened to their player they would be posting outrage.

You should see all the ****** bag Duck fans posts on their board, every other post complaining about a supposed Detroit penalty the ref's missed. Oh and of course the hit on Hudler wasn't dirty :rolleyes: Late hit to the head "elbow or not" and its not dirty. You can bet if it happened to their player they would be posting outrage.

They're aware of their team diving on the ice to draw penalties every five seconds PROBABLY had something to do with this, right? I specifically recall an Anaheim player falling down on the ice while there was a scrum at the boards and just sitting there looking dazed for a couple seconds. As soon as he realizes no whistle is coming, he jumps on his feet and starts fighting for the puck.

...Really?

Brashear(sp?) got a five game suspension (six including pre-game conduct) for a hit much weaker than Brown's.

I can say Game 1 made me feel so much better about this team. The Ducks D is tough but the Wings know what it takes a lot sooner. Much confidence.

yep - a great confidence booster. The DRW will need to play a better game down low on Sunday.

Didn't see much from Hossa. Hope he an a couple others step up their games.

Come on, I'm disappointent, where are all the trolls at now? I know your not suppose to feed the trolls but I got a big helping of crow to serve em!!!!! Come out, come out where ever you are ( in my best Bob Deniro Cape Fear voice) !!

I'm happy for the win, no doubt.

It's just that after the game I felt kind of like Anaheim lost more so than Detroit won. It was kind of like after Game 1 of the 1997 Conference Finals where Detroit played better but Roy stole the game. The reason this concerns me is because we all know what happened afterwards. The Avs luck ran out and the Wings took over. Hopefully it's not like that but it's still concerning.

We can still hope too that the Duckies will wear down as the series goes on. What the hey, why not?!

No, we won game 1. Lost game 2 in OT.

Here's an overview of the series from Wikipedia.

They mentioned on Vs. that we've won 7 game 1s in a row. I didn't think that sounded right because I thought we lost in 2007 too. Weird.

Actually, the better streak is that we've gone up 2-0 at home 5 series in a row. Let's make it 6 on Sunday.

Guest Four
That would be sweet! But it's rare for a defensemen to see his mirror on the ice... I would like to see Ericsson crush Perry. I hate that little fool.

OMG....last year it was OBSTRUCTION and now INTERFERENCE? Here's some cheese and crackers with your whine, Carlyle

Next year will be ILLEGAL GOALIES

Hahaha. It hasn't failed yet! The playoff game I went to last round, guess which one it was? The shutout. :P

You GO, girl. And I mean that in the most sincere sense of the word!

I'm happy with the win. The Wings had to shake off the rust a bit in the first, and the Ducks bottled them in their own end a bit at the start of the third, but the Wings found a way to get the W. Fil's and Helm's lines were great all night and were a big difference. Stating the obvious, but the Wings need to do a better job containing the Getzlaf line.

THis reminded me a bit of game 1 in 2007, actually: Wings win a game without bringing their A game. Now, we need a different result in game 2 this time around.

That entire team was diving. It was like "There's a Red Wing near me. Dive! Dive now!"

I still say they oughta have somebody in the house with one of those diving horns like they use on submarines when they pull that s***.

I believe he said it was legal and that Brown hit with his shoulder or something and then went on to complain about Homer and running Hiller.

Babs' press conference was kind of hilarious though. I love how calm and collected he is.

He added that "they" had timed it and between Hudler passing the puck and when Brown hit him was less than a second. The clock hadn't moved.

...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhh....