• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Got Attacked at Game 3

Rate this topic

Hey guys. So the night ended twice as bad for me as everyone else. Some of you might have noticed the stiuation out in the parking lot after the game. Well, that was me. Basically, after the game, me and my buddy headed toward our car and proceeded to drive out. As we were driving out, 5 HUGE 300 POUND Ducks fans were giving s*** to EVERY Wings fan that walked by, even children. I had to intervene. So, I rolled down by window and simply reminded them who won the cup last year and who got eliminated first round. Well, obviously, I hit a button. The next thing I knew, all 5 of them rushed my car. A few of them proceeded to break all my windows and the window I had just rolled down on ther passenger side was still open. So, two of em decided it would be manly to start throwing punches at my friend on the passenger side, who said NOTHING, while he was still in the car. Keep in mind this is while the other 3 are trying to break my windows. I jump out of the car and as soon as I do, two of them rush me and the next thing I know (well, as soon as the parking lot stopped spinning) my nose was gushing blood and my thumb was broken. All of this was happening as fellow Duck fans laughed their asses off in the background. They immediately escaped without anyone catching any plates or anything.

And me, I ended up with a blood soaked nose and broken thumb. Yea, What a night....

Guest Shoreline

I like to rub it in when I go to places by sporting my Wings jersey, and having a friendly chat about hockey with the locals, but what can I say if you were stupid enough to open your mouth in a parking lot and pay for it.. other than next time just go home.

The fact that's all you got is something to celebrate over. Try that in Oakland as a 49ers or Chargers fan and watch a mob much worse than that develop around you. Sorry you got hurt like that, but try to think a bit clearer next time.

and btw... i'd totally sue the ponda... there's a reasonable expecation that if you attend a sporting event there, that you won't get beat up and your car won't get vandalized by opposing fans... i certainly hope you stuck around and filed a police report.

I like to rub it in when I go to places by sporting my Wings jersey, and having a friendly chat about hockey with the locals, but what can I say if you were stupid enough to open your mouth in a parking lot and pay for it.. other than next time just go home.

The fact that's all you got is something to celebrate over. Try that in Oakland as a 49ers or Chargers fan and watch a mob much worse than that develop around you. Sorry you got hurt like that, but try to think a bit clearer next time.

I can tolerate friendly bashing. But these guys were verbally assaulting every person in a Wings jersey that walked by, including kids and women. I'm sorry, but I couldn't stand to see that.

and btw... i'd totally sue the ponda... there's a reasonable expecation that if you attend a sporting event there, that you won't get beat up and your car won't get vandalized by opposing fans... i certainly hope you stuck around and filed a police report.

I did, but since they got away and NO ONE wanted to step up and say anything (since the witnesses were the Ducks fans cheering them on), they said there was "little they could do".

Guest Shoreline
I can tolerate friendly bashing. But these guys were verbally assaulting every person in a Wings jersey that walked by, including kids and women. I'm sorry, but I couldn't stand to see that.

That happens everywhere. It takes two to tango, and it ain't personal until you participate in making it so.

People talk s*** all the time, and being that you're not a fan of the local team, some extra thick skin is expected.

When I go to Sharks/Wings games in San Jose, I get mad s*** talked to me and any other Wings fans I'm with. When I go to Sharks/other team games in my Wings jersey no one says anything even remotely similar. It's nothing personal. That's just how it is.

I did, but since they got away and NO ONE wanted to step up and say anything (since the witnesses were the Ducks fans cheering them on), they said there was "little they could do".

doesn't matter... you can still sue... obviously you didn't do it to yourself... it's up to the management of the arena to provide enough security for everyone's safetly and clearly they didn't... i'd be contacting a lawyer if i were you.

still, i'm suprised that none of the red wings fans you were sticking up for said anything.

That happens everywhere. It takes two to tango, and it ain't personal until you participate in making it so.

People talk s*** all the time, and being that you're not a fan of the local team, some extra thick skin is expected.

When I go to Sharks/Wings games in San Jose, I get mad s*** talked to me and any other Wings fans I'm with. When I go to Sharks/other team games in my Wings jersey no one says anything even remotely similar. It's nothing personal. That's just how it is.

Yea but theres a fine line between talking s*** and taking swings at someone through an open window of a car.

Oh Ducks and their fans...all cut from the same stock...California can't fall into the ocean fast enough.

just in case you didn't realize it, but the victim here also lives in california.

If it makes you feel i hip checked a ducks fan while playing a pick up game at the sports court rink the ducks own in Corona

I didnt know him either and he was 200+ lbs needless to say he and his friends were a bit suprised

Guest Shoreline
Oh Ducks and their fans...all cut from the same stock...California can't fall into the ocean fast enough.

That's weird. I thought there were two other teams in this state. Did they teach you geography in Illinois?

That's just a wee bit of an unfair generalization...

Yeah, probably wasn't the smartest thing to egg on a group of belligerent fans, but no one should ever be attacked or have their property damaged because of a friggen' hockey game. There were police, including mounted police, all over the place after the game. Apparently directing traffic is more important than protecting people. Sorry you had to go through that ShanahanMan.

Guest Shoreline
Yea but theres a fine line between talking s*** and taking swings at someone through an open window of a car.

Was this your first game or something? I'm not quite sure why you're surprised that talking s*** would lead to people (especially given there's likely alcohol served and drunks) throwing punches at you. This would happen in almost any sports venue -- hockey, football.. hell, even a concert. That's why you do the smart thing and just go home.

That's just a wee bit of an unfair generalization...

Yeah, probably wasn't the smartest thing to egg on a group of belligerent fans, but no one should ever be attacked or have their property damaged because of a friggen' hockey game. There were police, including mounted police, all over the place after the game. Apparently directing traffic is more important than protecting people. Sorry you had to go through that ShanahanMan.

Anaslime cops aren't real cops... They're just glorified crossing-guards and meter-maids working for The Mouse.

i live in so cal i run into duck fans evrywhere and after their ONE cup ppl here act like they are the greatest franchise in hockey history

And me and a friend who is a wings fan as well have been threatened at duck games before for no reason just walking down the street

thats why i go to Kings-Wings games cuz King fans are great they will give you a good ribbing and thats it

I've had peanuts thrown at me and people talk s*** to me, Ducks fans of course, when I go to the games at the Ponda. That's part of the territory for wearing the other teams jersey, especially the wings. It's not worth to get involved. I just ignore it and watch the game.

Was this your first game or something? I'm not quite sure why you're surprised that talking s*** would lead to people (especially given there's likely alcohol served and drunks) throwing punches at you. This would happen in almost any sports venue -- hockey, football.. hell, even a concert. That's why you do the smart thing and just go home.

Well, I've been to tons of games over the years, but I'd be lying if I said I would expect something like this to happen. I mean, we weren't even out of our car when these dudes decided to go after us. And I have yet to be in any kind of bantering situation where it immediately led to an assault like this. Was I surprised these guys decided to try to break the windows of my car and attack my friend and I after I made a response to their s*** talking? Yes....yes I was.

Hey guys. So the night ended twice as bad for me as everyone else. Some of you might have noticed the stiuation out in the parking lot after the game. Well, that was me. Basically, after the game, me and my buddy headed toward our car and proceeded to drive out. As we were driving out, 5 HUGE 300 POUND Ducks fans were giving s*** to EVERY Wings fan that walked by, even children. I had to intervene. So, I rolled down by window and simply reminded them who won the cup last year and who got eliminated first round. Well, obviously, I hit a button. The next thing I knew, all 5 of them rushed my car. A few of them proceeded to break all my windows and the window I had just rolled down on ther passenger side was still open. So, two of em decided it would be manly to start throwing punches at my friend on the passenger side, who said NOTHING, while he was still in the car. Keep in mind this is while the other 3 are trying to break my windows. I jump out of the car and as soon as I do, two of them rush me and the next thing I know (well, as soon as the parking lot stopped spinning) my nose was gushing blood and my thumb was broken. All of this was happening as fellow Duck fans laughed their asses off in the background. They immediately escaped without anyone catching any plates or anything.

And me, I ended up with a blood soaked nose and broken thumb. Yea, What a night....

I salute you sir.

Taking one for the Red Wings army. Gotta agree with Shoreline though dont start s*** unless you are prepared to face the consequences.

:thanks concealed firearms law in AK: