• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Got Attacked at Game 3

Rate this topic

That's weird. I thought there were two other teams in this state. Did they teach you geography in Illinois?

Actually they did teach me geography here, but last I checked one of those teams hasn't been worth a damn for a long while, and the other has a habit of bowing out of the playoffs real early...either way there shouldn't be hockey teams where you can't play it outside at least 4 months out of the year.

Furthermore, there is no excuse for the actions of those fans. Too bad you didn't have an octopus to ***** slap them when they started getting violent.

Guest Shoreline
Actually they did teach me geography here, but last I checked one of those teams hasn't been worth a damn for a long while, and the other has a habit of bowing out of the playoffs real early...either way there shouldn't be hockey teams where you can't play it outside at least 4 months out of the year.

Do those 4 months happen to not include May and June, when the NHL playoffs are nearing the cup finals? How's the snow there now? I mean, if it ain't snowing in Chicago (or anywhere near, like, say, Columbus, Ohio) right now there's no reason they should be this far in the playoffs. How are those rinks doing? :thumbup:

Edited by Shoreline

Do those 4 months happen to not include May and June, when the NHL playoffs are nearing the cup finals? How's the snow there now? I mean, if it ain't snowing in Chicago (or anywhere near, like, say, Columbus, Ohio) right now there's no reason they should be this far in the playoffs. How are those rinks doing? :thumbup:

I know it snows here from November to March usually, can Anaheim, San Jose, or L.A. say the same? Didn't think so. California isn't a hockey market, it is like trying to grow Palm Trees outside The Joe. It just doesn't work...but I thought that people on these boards would be sharp enough to pick up on the point that I was conveying.

Guest Shoreline
I know it snows here from November to March usually, can Anaheim, San Jose, or L.A. say the same? Didn't think so. California isn't a hockey market, it is like trying to grow Palm Trees outside The Joe. It just doesn't work...but I thought that people on these boards would be sharp enough to pick up on the point that I was conveying.

Are you retarded? There's only one palm tree even native to California, as palms are mostly for tropical land (California being dry as hell and being that it can also get cold as hell in many areas, given it's geographical location, does not qualify as tropical), and most of them you'll see in Southern Cal and used for show, like along side the streets in Santa Monica. Obviously you know little to nothing about California (especially here up north), the fact that San Jose has a better attendance rating than even the Wings, despite the Sharks not receiving your ambiguously required 4 months of snow. Ever try to go to San Jose? You'll see Sharks gear everywhere. As I've mentioned numerous times in different topics people here know hockey and this is every bit a hockey market as Detroit. How about teams that get your required amount of snow and yet can't seem to get a decent attendance rating compared to the rest? Islanders? Devils? Avalanche? Bruins? Your argument is so made of fail it's hard to fathom what kind of stupidity made you even think of posting it.

Are you retarded? There's only one palm tree even native to California, as palms are mostly for tropical land (California being dry as hell and being that it can also get cold as hell in many areas, given it's geographical location, does not qualify as tropical), and most of them you'll see in Southern Cal and used for show, like along side the streets in Santa Monica. Obviously you know little to nothing about California (especially here up north), the fact that San Jose has a better attendance rating than even the Wings, despite the Sharks not receiving your ambiguously required 4 months of snow. Ever try to go to San Jose? You'll see Sharks gear everywhere. As I've mentioned numerous times in different topics people here know hockey and this is every bit a hockey market as Detroit. How about teams that get your required amount of snow and yet can't seem to get a decent attendance rating compared to the rest? Islanders? Devils? Avalanche? Bruins? Your argument is so made of fail it's hard to fathom what kind of stupidity made you even think of posting it.

Obviously you can't read, I never said that Palm Trees grew in California or where in fact they do grow. But maybe San Jose is an outlier in things, but you certainly can't make the point that it is worth that outlier to keep trying to grow hockey where you can't. Notice how quickly the support for the Panthers or Lighting dropped off after they won their cups, my point exactly. My advice to you Shoreline is to read a little slower and practice critical thinking skills so that you might comprehend my argument, and not assume that there are words in my post that I did not in fact included in it.

Edited by Gordie Howe hat trick

doesn't matter... you can still sue... obviously you didn't do it to yourself... it's up to the management of the arena to provide enough security for everyone's safetly and clearly they didn't... i'd be contacting a lawyer if i were you.

still, i'm suprised that none of the red wings fans you were sticking up for said anything.

I would follow this advice if I were you. In my mind, it's not beyond expectation to believe in a reasonable amount of security in situations like this. I can't believe that security or law enforcement of any kind would not come to your rescue in this situation. I understand the validity of being quiet while at an enemy's arena, but given who you were sticking up for, I don't see anything wrong with it. As was said before, "cowards roll in packs" and I'm disappointed that the Wings fans you stood up for didn't show you the same respect.

If I had witnessed this, I would have been more than happy to file a report in addition to being hard pressed to stand by and watch two people get ganged up . I say, keep it classy Anaslime and with all of the frivolous lawsuits in the world, there has to be a smidge of culpability with the arena worth capitalizing upon in this situation. Good jabbing is expected between fans, but goonery from a group of 300lb cowardly gorillas is unacceptable to me. They would have to show up on security cameras during the game at some point. Get one of the goons and he will roll over on his cohorts. I would say the same about Wings fans doing the same to our opposition's support in our building.

Edited by TSM

Guest Shoreline
That's pushing it just a little, don't you think?

Well, one can come up with many excuses left and right, but "lack of snow" and "palm trees" are ridiculously brainless arguments for calling the entire state of California, or any place on the map at all that receives any less than "4 months of snow", non hockey markets when many of these visibly have less empty seats than the Joe and do better at selling out their arena, as well as backed up by CrapSPN. The bottom line is Gordie Howe hat trick started off making extremely stupid statements about California from the get go and obviously knows nothing about it at all.

Obviously you can't read, I never said that Palm Trees grew in California or where in fact they do grow. But maybe San Jose is an outlier in things, but you certainly can't make the point that it is worth that outlier to keep trying to grow hockey where you can't. Notice how quickly the support for the Panthers or Lighting dropped off after they won their cups, my point exactly. My advice to you Shoreline is to read a little slower and practice critical thinking skills so that you might comprehend my argument, and not assume that there are words in my post that I did not in fact included in it.

Geography problems again? The Panthers and Lightning are in Florida, not California. Let's try to not go off in left field for the umpteenth time. Again, Florida is in a tropical climate, California is not, and they are on opposite sides of the country. There are obviously teams that, for one reason or another, cannot sell out games, mostly due to persistent losing streaks, some with horrendous business/profit models where relocating to almost anywhere else would bring them a profit (Las Vegas for example, would be very profitable, as well as Seattle). Florida's case is not like California's, where Los Angeles and San Jose don't have anything to worry about financially, or with any local hockey, while the Ducks situation is vastly improving. I don't really care what your uneducated statements about other states are, but I think I'll have a good time with your stupidity regarding California.

While you may wish this state fell into the Pacific, this country sure as hell needs California more than it does Illinois (3x your state's GDP), and the NHL sure does need California more than it does Illinois as well (22,000 to 50,000 average NHL home attendance).

My advice is to try and be a bit humble, since California is in a better position both NHL-wise, and, well, pretty much everything-else-wise, than Illinois.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline
Well, I've been to tons of games over the years, but I'd be lying if I said I would expect something like this to happen. I mean, we weren't even out of our car when these dudes decided to go after us. And I have yet to be in any kind of bantering situation where it immediately led to an assault like this. Was I surprised these guys decided to try to break the windows of my car and attack my friend and I after I made a response to their s*** talking? Yes....yes I was.

All I can say is simply do not expect the same reaction every time. If you get into it and you're in the minority in the fashion you are, as much as it would be funny to just say s*** back, just take the high road. If you've done this before and no one has tried to attack you, consider yourself lucky. I'm sure by now (going to many games) you know that taking verbal abuse doesn't require anything more than wearing the opposing team's jersey. Consider how little it requires to begin taking physical abuse..

I know it shouldn't happen, but just for the sake of enjoying future games, just laugh it off and go home, unless you're in Detroit, in which case, fire away at those losers (i.e. fans of other teams who go to the Joe). :lol:

Edited by Shoreline

Furthermore, there is no excuse for the actions of those fans. Too bad you didn't have an octopus to ***** slap them when they started getting violent.

Hey! Just realized man wasn't intended to fly! We shouldn't have airplanes! :rolleyes:

Hey guys. So the night ended twice as bad for me as everyone else. Some of you might have noticed the stiuation out in the parking lot after the game. Well, that was me. Basically, after the game, me and my buddy headed toward our car and proceeded to drive out. As we were driving out, 5 HUGE 300 POUND Ducks fans were giving s*** to EVERY Wings fan that walked by, even children. I had to intervene. So, I rolled down by window and simply reminded them who won the cup last year and who got eliminated first round. Well, obviously, I hit a button. The next thing I knew, all 5 of them rushed my car. A few of them proceeded to break all my windows and the window I had just rolled down on ther passenger side was still open. So, two of em decided it would be manly to start throwing punches at my friend on the passenger side, who said NOTHING, while he was still in the car. Keep in mind this is while the other 3 are trying to break my windows. I jump out of the car and as soon as I do, two of them rush me and the next thing I know (well, as soon as the parking lot stopped spinning) my nose was gushing blood and my thumb was broken. All of this was happening as fellow Duck fans laughed their asses off in the background. They immediately escaped without anyone catching any plates or anything.

And me, I ended up with a blood soaked nose and broken thumb. Yea, What a night....

Sounds like you met Pronger and the Ducks' first line. They propably came to the parking lot to do some after-game warmdowns.

"A message needs to be sent."

Well, one can come up with many excuses left and right, but "lack of snow" and "palm trees" are ridiculously brainless arguments for calling the entire state of California, or any place on the map at all that receives any less than "4 months of snow", non hockey markets when many of these visibly have less empty seats than the Joe and do better at selling out their arena, as well as backed up by CrapSPN. The bottom line is Gordie Howe hat trick started off making extremely stupid statements about California from the get go and obviously knows nothing about it at all.

Geography problems again? The Panthers and Lightning are in Florida, not California. Let's try to not go off in left field for the umpteenth time. Again, Florida is in a tropical climate, California is not, and they are on opposite sides of the country. There are obviously teams that, for one reason or another, cannot sell out games, mostly due to persistent losing streaks, some with horrendous business/profit models where relocating to almost anywhere else would bring them a profit (Las Vegas for example, would be very profitable, as well as Seattle). Florida's case is not like California's, where Los Angeles and San Jose don't have anything to worry about financially, or with any local hockey, while the Ducks situation is vastly improving. I don't really care what your uneducated statements about other states are, but I think I'll have a good time with your stupidity regarding California.

While you may wish this state fell into the Pacific, this country sure as hell needs California more than it does Illinois (3x your state's GDP), and the NHL sure does need California more than it does Illinois as well (22,000 to 50,000 average NHL home attendance).

My advice is to try and be a bit humble, since California is in a better position both NHL-wise, and, well, pretty much everything-else-wise, than Illinois.

You don't say that the FLORIDA PANTHERS are from FLORIDA? AND TAMPA BAY is in FLORIDA as well? Next you are going to tell me that PHOENIX is in ARIZONA! Holy Christ! All those things have escaped me! The point I am making for the, "umpteenth time," as you put it is this. Hockey flounders in hot places, go figure that the NHL Coyotes are bankrupt and National Teams like Italy and Spain aren't good either. The only exceptions that I would grant to this point in the NHL would be the Stars form DALLAS TEXAS, and the SHARKS from SAN JOSE CALIFORNIA. Only on the grounds of their fan base.

And for the record since you are challenging my geography skills Spain is the country in Europe that is sandwiched (Meaning in between) France and Portugal, (Ironically both of these countries are in Europe as well) And Italy is the peninsula sticking into the Mediterranean Sea that looks like a boot kicking Sicily. (Both of these bodies of land are in Europe as well.)

And why would I be humble to your state? It isn't as if California is going to come conquer Illinois if I don't think California is a place for hockey much like the aforementioned places that I described the locations of in minor detail; so that you don't think that I don't know how to use a map.

And please read what I said earlier, I think the only thing that I argued about California is hockey flounders there, I don't recall bashing the state at all. Read it all again and get out of the California Ãœber Alles mentality.

Anyway the original point of this thread is that the Ducks' fans can be assholes if I don't miss my guess.

Hey guys. So the night ended twice as bad for me as everyone else. Some of you might have noticed the stiuation out in the parking lot after the game. Well, that was me. Basically, after the game, me and my buddy headed toward our car and proceeded to drive out. As we were driving out, 5 HUGE 300 POUND Ducks fans were giving s*** to EVERY Wings fan that walked by, even children. I had to intervene. So, I rolled down by window and simply reminded them who won the cup last year and who got eliminated first round. Well, obviously, I hit a button. The next thing I knew, all 5 of them rushed my car. A few of them proceeded to break all my windows and the window I had just rolled down on ther passenger side was still open. So, two of em decided it would be manly to start throwing punches at my friend on the passenger side, who said NOTHING, while he was still in the car. Keep in mind this is while the other 3 are trying to break my windows. I jump out of the car and as soon as I do, two of them rush me and the next thing I know (well, as soon as the parking lot stopped spinning) my nose was gushing blood and my thumb was broken. All of this was happening as fellow Duck fans laughed their asses off in the background. They immediately escaped without anyone catching any plates or anything.

And me, I ended up with a blood soaked nose and broken thumb. Yea, What a night....

Once the punches started I would have floored my car, turned around and ran them over.

I'm no lawyer, but I'd take immediate legal action against the Honda Center and its security.

Also, it couldn't hurt to tell your story to the Freep. Might garner it some attention.

I can tolerate friendly bashing. But these guys were verbally assaulting every person in a Wings jersey that walked by, including kids and women. I'm sorry, but I couldn't stand to see that.

Sticks and Stones... if they weren't physically attacking the women and children then i am sure everyone would have been fine once they got on the expressway home. I commend you for sticking up for other Wings fans in enemy territory but i am not sure mocking some huge ass fans of the other team about their "cups" in their venue was the best way to get your point across. Its a game, Alcohol is served and its between bitter rivals... All people in attendence should expect some types of verbal abuse. Sometimes you just have to let it slide and turn away.

Sorry you got hurt there i really am.

The Cops wouldn't have helped because they would have just deemed that the man in the Wigs jersey started it because he is a Wings fan. No way a Ducks fan would resort to thuggery. And when asked about the Non-arrest, the Anaheim Police Department sends out a response to the situation....

"Although we know it may have been a mistake and the wrong call NOT to stop the fight, our officers are insrtucted to look the other way as soon as think they've " lost sight" of the reason the fight started and when the security camera slo-mo review clearly showed that the Ducks fans were the instigators by attacking 5 year old children with drunken obsenities, it is our policy to look the other way and with "intent" NOT stop the fight because of the clothes the attackee's were wearing. The fact that the Red jerery'smay have blended with the red blood, could've been a factor in not seeing the attack. I will say this though, now that the fans that were attacked (physically and verbaally) will probably never come back to the arena, that will allow more seating for Duck fans to come, possibly NEW Duck fans, and they will buy Duck merchandise generating revenue for this local team, insuring league parity when it comes to revenue. To wrap it up our officers did not make a mistake in not "calling" the attack, they were doing what they were taught to do, that being said I will insure you, traffic moved smoothly throughout the night and most children who attended last nights game were tucked in their beds only a couple of hours past bedtime. We hope the actions of the 5 innocent Duck fans, who were defenfing themselves from an irate opposing team fan, doesn't deter the rest of our 39,595 fans from coming to see a great show and having a great family night out."

Guest micah
Sticks and Stones... if they weren't physically attacking the women and children then i am sure everyone would have been fine once they got on the expressway home. I commend you for sticking up for other Wings fans in enemy territory but i am not sure mocking some huge ass fans of the other team about their "cups" in their venue was the best way to get your point across. Its a game, Alcohol is served and its between bitter rivals... All people in attendence should expect some types of verbal abuse. Sometimes you just have to let it slide and turn away.

Sorry you got hurt there i really am.

This.

It sucks ass that these guys started throwing punches at you and your car, but you gotta remember the lessons you learned on the playground. Don't talk s*** unless you're prepared to back it up. They were prepared, you weren't. They had the upper hand, you didn't. They weren't hurting anyone, they were chest-thumping and talking smack - until you retaliated in kind. Predictably, from there it escalated into a scrap. Not a fair fight, but a predictable fight. This same scene is played out in bars accross the country every night. It's nice to intervene for people who are being "verbally assaulted" - but they were just words. It's not wise to play hero unless you're willing to follow it up. Thankfully it was just a broken nose and thumb - those are the kind of hurts you ice and laugh about the next day. Could have been worse. The lesson to be learned here is "if you see people being stupid, don't expect them to quit being stupid if you rile them up".

Wow, thats just BS!!!!

And how can anyone on here justify what happened to him and his friend. I don't care if you are a U of M fan in Columbus for a college football game. No fan of either team should ever have to worry about getting their ass kicked at a sporting event because you are not rooting for a particular team.

If ShanahanMan went up to these guys and spit in their face and told them how stupid they are then maybe i would be telling him he had it coming to him. But for simply sticking up for women, children and his team?!?!?!?!

I hope that you do contact a layer. Security should have been all over that lot to prevent something like this. They seem to be at fault.

I have gone to several wings games not at the Joe and have never feared for my life. Even when we were in Chicago and we were giving the fans a good, lighthearted ribbing, we made it out in the same condition that we entered the arena in.

Hope you heal quick and i hope that you return to the pond to watch the Wings win game 6.

Guest bobbyryan

There were quite a few marines from camp pendleton in my section. They were drunk off their ass before the puck was first dropped. They were giving s*** to each other and anyone nearby. The red jerseys in my section didn't press the issue. You can tell the difference between someone talking s*** with a smile on their face and someone talking s*** with their fist cocked back.