• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Got Attacked at Game 3

Rate this topic

Reply to Wombat:

Okay? Maybe I had a poor choice of wording but when I said "proceeded" I meant attempted. I never meant to insinuate that they were able to do so. Nevertheless, these guys did begin charging the windows at full force. I'm amazed it didn't break.

I'm really getting sick of the 3rd degree here.

No one deserves to get his or her ass kicked for simply being a fan of the other team. I do believe the general slant of what happened to you (Ducks fans heckling, you say something snide, and they come over to beat you). I do hope that some people come forward, or there is security tape available so that these guys are charged with assault. However you should have known that putting them in their place with smack talk back was not going to be a good solution. If these guys were screaming into the faces of children, they will take any remark back by a Wings fan as a reason to go.

Again, it's not right for them to do that, and they should be arrested, but next time just stay down. It sucks to see other people get verbally assaulted like that, but it's better for that to happen than to have someone get broken bones.

Guest Shoreline
don't get me started on you too eh? Sharks Fan? yeah thought so... You hate Wings and their fans as well so pardon me if i take your post and Wipe my butt with it.

Dont even single me out......

If they have a issue with it Im sure they will take action..... Im not afraid of saying what I think is right....

if i think and see that Duck Fans are just here to Troll ..... I think they should go away....do you have a problem with that????? tough... deal with it .

Duck Guy is actually a very decent dude, and so are Sharks fans like Supa/hmm. You drunk or something? I don't think you realize this blatant flaming might get your account suspended. I'd rather not see it happen so come on, man, just relax.

At ease killer.

One might label you an ass with your responses.

I don't have to single you out, you've done that yourself.

I hate the wings and their fans - False

Trolls should go away - True

Me having a problem with that - False

Me having a problem with your continued swearing and uninstigated mistreatment of other fans and you interpreting everything from another team as a flame or troll post - True. I'm not alone, read some posts.

Duck Guy is actually a very decent dude, and so are Sharks fans like Supa/hmm. You drunk or something? I don't think you realize this blatant flaming might get your account suspended. I'd rather not see it happen so come on, man, just relax.

Your Right.... Your Right.....

Look I am sorry and I did get way over emotional with this whole thing And I Apologize to All Duck Fans and Wings Fans as a whole.....

My Very immature and un-thought out responses were irrational, Knee Jerk type thing.

I get overly pissed when a Fan takes it upon himself to beat up other fans because of a jersey or a

favorite team... I understand that fans are fans and some indulge in the drink counter a little too much

and things can get outta hand.

But to get into a childs face is really quite classless. I dont care who you are...you dont get into another childs face over anything....... Its not right at all.

Tho my responses in this thread were indeed out of RAW emotion and lack of consideration, I still hold to my beliefs that fans should just be fans and being a fan should be fun...not a test of survival.

Again I cannot express my DEEPEST REGRET for the way i acted in this and other threads reguarding Duck fans, I dont expect to be forgiven....by any of the fans here or there...... But, I did (eventually) apologize for my out bursts and childish actions......

Humbly yours, Ryan

Your Right.... Your Right.....

Look I am sorry and I did get way over emotional with this whole thing And I Apologize to All Duck Fans and Wings Fans as a whole.....

My Very immature and un-thought out responses were irrational, Knee Jerk type thing.

I get overly pissed when a Fan takes it upon himself to beat up other fans because of a jersey or a

favorite team... I understand that fans are fans and some indulge in the drink counter a little too much

and things can get outta hand.

But to get into a childs face is really quite classless. I dont care who you are...you dont get into another childs face over anything....... Its not right at all.

Tho my responses in this thread were indeed out of RAW emotion and lack of consideration, I still hold to my beliefs that fans should just be fans and being a fan should be fun...not a test of survival.

Again I cannot express my DEEPEST REGRET for the way i acted in this and other threads reguarding Duck fans, I dont expect to be forgiven....by any of the fans here or there...... But, I did (eventually) apologize for my out bursts and childish actions......

Humbly yours, Ryan

Fair enough. It's an emotional game and us fans can be equally, if not more so emotional. I agree, never should you get in a child's face in the manner that was described. In the end we're all just hockey fans, and there's not enough of us. We need more, and we need to help grow the game. No hard feelings.

2 wrongs make a right? C'mon guys. Everyone agrees that the majority of people/fans are not the types that are going to start fights and yell profanities at kids. All sane people agree that what happened to ShanahanMan is seriously messed up and should not happen. Security needs to be beefed up in Anaheim.

Ducks4cup, questioning the validity of a story by a poster that's been here for a while when you yourself have just shown up is going to be seen as pretty insulting. Basically you're going to be seen as calling him a liar, it doesn't matter if you didn't mean it that way or not.

HockeytownRyan, "PISS OFF DUCK ***** go back to your own site....."...I'm pretty sure that's not the type of thing the bulk of the people on this site and the mods want being thrown around here. If you're trying to escalate things, you're doing a good job.

I think you are right but I seriously think the occassion happened to 'Shanahanman' is correct because I already experienced that the 2 Canucks fans threw water bottles to my head. And I believe you think Shanahanman is not lying. For sure, if other teams' fans come to your team's home game, your first impression must be "they are our enemies.. chicken s*it!" However, I hope and believe there are more educated fans than uneducated fans in Anaheim.

Besides, I think how you HockeytownRyan acts is not proper which I acted exactly. TheSupaFly is a good dude even though I acted rudely toward him. Let's get it right. It is not good to say he has to "letsgosharks.com" because he is the Sharks fan. Besides, if you like the Wings from outside of Michigan, you may experience some other dumb fans who respect only their teams, not other teams. The peak of that idiocity is Vancouver; that is why I hate the Canucks but I have nothing against my friends who truly like the Canucks and have respects toward other teams' fans.

Thanks...but not all of us rock. I certainly do though. :)

I've been to so many Sharks/Red Wings games and a lot of Sharks games in general, and I agree with everything GOOD said about the Sharks organization and its fans. Way cool vibe with the Sharks. The Ducks have a completely different atmosphere. The Ducks are the Rich Bullies of the NHL. Like the Broadway Bullies, but Snobby instead of blue collared. Wish the officiating in the playoffs was like the regular season and penalties were called. Then these types of teams wouldn't be around.

Well for future reference if anyone goes to a game at the tank, I'll probably be there. We should meet up for a pregame beer or twelve.

I'm in. Maybe when the Wings meet the Sharks in the Conference finals, we can meet up at the .... Oh wait. Ha ha ha! We'll catch a game in October/November, ok? Cool.

I'm in. Maybe when the Wings meet the Sharks in the Conference finals, we can meet up at the .... Oh wait. Ha ha ha! We'll catch a game in October/November, ok? Cool.

Ouch. :P But yeah man, I'm buyin' first round.

Anyone who's prepared to rush your car, bust the windows open and assault you should be prepared to get shot. Cap 'em all. NO MERCY.

That's why on my Wings jersey, I got "YOU DIE" put on there and number 187. Nobody has said anything back to me after that, no matter how much or when I taunt them.

Guest micah
Anyone who's prepared to rush your car, bust the windows open and assault you should be prepared to get shot. Cap 'em all. NO MERCY.

This happened in California. As things turned out, one guy had a bloody nose and a broken thumb. No biggie. If things had gone the way you propose, there would be a few dead or injurred people (who may or may not have been the attackers, recall that this was in a crowded parking lot and that things like this happen pretty quickly), two guys with major hearing dammage (discharging a handgun in a car is f'n LOUD), and the shooter would likely be jailed for carrying the concealed weapon - assuming he was able to convince the DA that it was legit self-defence and not murder.

I propose that in this situation, people keep their mouths shut. Reminding hecklers that the Wings won the Cup last year is NOT going to stop the hecklers from harassing people. It might just be the spark that takes things from verbal to physical as it was in this case. If you want to carry a gun, fine, carry a gun. I used to and I have no problem at all with an armed society. Carrying a gun should mean that you do even more to avoid confrontation though, it isn't a badge or a licence to play Superman.

Guest micah
Imagine the following being said to a raped girl:

"Look, what happened to you is terrible and it isn't your fault at all, but you should really think twice about wearing such sexy clothes next time."

I hope the point is clear enough.

I think it's appropriate to tell a girl who was raped at a party where she didn't know anyone and got drunk that "Look, what happened to you is terrible and it isn't your fault at all, but you should really think twice about getting drunk at a party where you don't know anyone next time." People have to use common sence to protect themselves. Not everyone is nice. Be smart.

.....and the shooter would likely be jailed for carrying the concealed weapon....

Do what I do - take it from the trunk when you reach your car (perfectly legal) and just strap it on (again, perfectly legal).

From California Penal Code Section 12025

'(f) Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed within the meaning of this section.'

Guest micah
Do what I do - take it from the trunk when you reach your car (perfectly legal) and just strap it on (again, perfectly legal).

From California Penal Code Section 12025

'(f) Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed within the meaning of this section.'

I'm not up on firearms law in California - is there no law stating that a firearm must be eclosed in a case while transporting? Wisconsin has that law, keeps people from open carrying in their cars. It's BS, but it's there.

Nope. Happened exactly how I described it. Yes, there were at least five of them and YES, they were gigantic. Is trying to be a good samaritan that unheard of these days? These guys were just ripping apart all Wings fans that walked by, and when I say that I dont mean heckling, I mean just dishing out unbelievable profanity and standing in front of some of them as they tried to walk by. I didn't say anything until what looked like a father and son walked by and the guys just started shouting in the faces of the kid. Sorry, had to say SOMETHING. And yes, all I did was reinstate the fact that the Wings won it last year. Once again, I had no idea it would trigger this.

And for the multiple people that sent me PM's that witnessed what happened, if you wouldn't mind confirming my story on here so I don't keep getting people saying I'm making all this up (Yea, I love making up stories of me getting my ass kicked), that would be cool. If not, its also cool, I understand if you want to keep your identity private.

Very believable to me -- if I was making up something like this, I would have taken out at least 2 or 3 of them before they overwhelmed me.

Very believable to me -- if I was making up something like this, I would have taken out at least 2 or 3 of them before they overwhelmed me.

Your friends might get me in a rush, but not before I make your head into a canoe, you understand me?

The irony is how the league as a whole wants to "clean-up" it's so-called "image", and yet when the playoffs begin the refs tend not to make the calls like they had in the reg season - thus giving the more thuggish teams like Anaheim a great opportunity get into the Finals.

I don't mind the ruff'n tumble kinda play (I've always been a big fan of 'Old School Hockey'), but the league needs to determine which direction it really wants to go, and then stay on course.

Well said. BE CONSISTENT. If they're going to call penalties in the regular season, call them in the playoffs too. It's NOT ok for the officials to give the Ducks a free pass on hooking the Red Wings without the puck in the neutral zone. If they'd start calling all that garbage, it would be 10-2 every game. It's frustrating to watch the better TEAM get beat because of bad officiating and ONE player with gigantic equipment. That's not hockey. That's BS.

So I was able to get in touch with the Honda Center security manager and he admitted himself that the night was completely out of control. He said there hadn't been a reported assault in the parking lot in three years and on that night, there were 5 reported assaults. They're looking over lots of video right now and he said security will be doubled for tonight.

So I was able to get in touch with the Honda Center security manager and he admitted himself that the night was completely out of control. He said there hadn't been a reported assault in the parking lot in three years and on that night, there were 5 reported assaults. They're looking over lots of video right now and he said security will be doubled for tonight.

man i would not be satisfied