• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mors

All Game 5 TV Coverage Threads

Rate this topic

I know I've started a panic with one of these threads before, but any ideas why Game 5 isn't on VS or NBC? I checked my Center Ice last night and it's gone from the channel listing...currently it's looking like no national coverage for this game on Sunday?

I know I've started a panic with one of these threads before, but any ideas why Game 5 isn't on VS or NBC? I checked my Center Ice last night and it's gone from the channel listing...currently it's looking like no national coverage for this game on Sunday?

Um, if you checked your CI that means you have CI. Since there is no exclusivity and FSD will air the game, the FSD feed will be on CI like always.

Um, if you checked your CI that means you have CI. Since there is no exclusivity and FSD will air the game, the FSD feed will be on CI like always.

Um, I said I checked my Center Ice and it's no longer listed in the channel guide. It's already been replaced with the MLB Innings package. Since the game is on the NHL Network, it wouldn't have been on CI even if it was still active in my area, which it isn't.

The Players Championship of the PGA Tour is on this weekend. Pretty much since the NHL got a TV deal with NBC, NBC broadcasts TPC over any playoff hockey still. You may not like it, I may not like it, but that's the way it is, and NBC is going for TV ratings. The TPC is one of the better golf tourneys out there, and it'll trump any playoff hockey ratings any day of the week. Not trying to rip on hockey, but that's almost a cut and dry fact.

Guest Shoreline

I gotta tell you, with the way Center Ice has been this year I'm not sure I want to renew next year. They're becoming progressively worse with their coverage.

It sucks that i odnt have nhln hd, is it going to be the fsn det feed then, it better not be prime ticket

Yeah, I paid my dues and then some having to watch opponent homers last round. I was pleasantly surprised when NHLN picked up FSD for the one game then, it was a nice break for me.

HD availability and home team seem to be determining factors, so hopefully that means FSD.

Did anyone actually scroll ahead in time to verify it won't be on Center Ice? I know the channel changes names, but my recollection from last year is that they still show the playoff games ...

This sucks... I don't have NHL network or Center Ice. Why the hell aren't the defending champs on national TV?? Why are all the damn Canuck vs Blackhawks games available? Who cares about them?? Why does every sentence in my rant end with a question mark?

what the **** center ice! god, i hate the nhl network!!!!

The first time a wings game was pulled from CI and put on the NHL network last season, I was upset because I would have to pay for the sports tier on my cable. An extra $3.50 per month...but it has been totally worth it. If the NHL network is offered on your cable, but have to pay a little extra for it, order it for the month and then cancel it after the playoffs. I really enjoy their "NHL on the Fly" coverage, complete with interviews and press conference clips. It really is worth the extra coin.

what's on VS that's so important they can't show it? Bullriding?

i don't have nhl network

NBC = TPC @ Sawgrass

VS = Indy 500 qualifying

If the NHL network picks up a game, it is pulled from Center Ice coverage because it is considered by the league to be on a "regular" channel, thus not requiring CI coverage.

I am more upset about not having an alternate carrier for the game last night while the Canucks game went into OT.

anyone know of a good bar in Gatlingberg, TN which might have NHL Network...

Im sure you can head up 441 into Sevierville and catch it at Pressbox Sports Pub & Grill. Its right on Parkway in Sevierville about 20 min outside downtown Gatlinburg. Theyre pretty cool up there and will likely allow you to change the channel to the wings game.

I'm sorry that you guys can't get NHL Net... but man... this channel is amazing. The Post Game Coverage is great, the shows that are on are great (Day in the Life, Captains, NHL Classic). I watched the 98 Cup Video on NHL Net... how freakin cool is that?

So - Moral of the Story, don't hate the NHL Network, hate Time Warner or Charter, or whoever you have. and get Uverse

The NHL should be giving away its product in as many places as possible. Don't just plaster "Thank You Fans!" behind the blue line for a season, do something to actually allow us to watch your game, since you decided to reject ESPN's lowball offer!

I have Comcast in Minnesota, I paid for a premium tier AND a sports tier (I'm pretty sure) and neither of those gets me NHL Network or Center Ice. I do have MLB Network, which I'm coming to appreciate more and more. I don't think they show MLB games on there, but at least I can get news and live updates on baseball, if I so desire.

So basically, I think I'm S.O.L. for Game 5. There's a bar with a satellite TV near my house, I think I'll be going there and hoping they can hook me up.

Yeah i have the big bulky Comcast package as well, no NHL network. The only way they will allow me to include NHL Network is if i buy this ABSURDLY priced sports package, which includes all NFL, MLB and NHL and i think some soccer stuff... for something like 700 a year. No thanks. NHL needs to get their act together i can't believe they still operate like a 2 year old organization.