• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Ducks 2

Rate this topic

I was hoping Datsyuk, in his absolute prime, would have been able to at least show up against grandpa Niedermayer but I guess that's asking for a little too much. "They are teeing off on each other!" Um....not quite, it was completely one sided.... puke.

No s***! That dude's like 80 years old or something! Isn't Russia where Rocky went to train?!! C'mon Dats!!!

esteef

1 percent.

The difference between winning and losing.

The difference between going home or playing one more game.

The Ducks got to more loose pucks, controlled the play more, and got in the lanes more.

The Wings knew in the back of their minds they were not up against the wall. It is a mental thing, you can say it is not there, but it is.

You have to bring it hard in an elimination game and they did not. Let's see what they bring on Thursday.

Niedermayer is a visor wearing ***** himself. Too bad Tie Domi didn't end his career with that elbow.

+1. Since they actually made it out of the first round this year, he might need to take a couple months off next season.

Most overrated player in NHL history.

Guest mindfly

What are they saying in the post game stuff? Babcock being politically correct per usual?

Terribler game all around, an embarrassing considering last nights excitement. I blame the Ponda crew for leaving their ice as s***ty as possible to equalize the lop-sided balance of skill. Smart move by their part as it is the only way they stand a chance, but the entire series has reeked to high heaven of clutching and grabbing (99.9% o the Quacks part) and yes I agree with anyone who says this game sucked, this has easily been the least exciting of all 2nd round games with tonight being the cherry on the sh*t sundae.

20:00ANACorey Perry : Roughing - 2 min

20:00ANACorey Perry : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

20:00ANACorey Perry : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min

20:00ANAScott Niedermayer : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

20:00ANATodd Marchant : Game misconduct - 0 min

20:00ANARyan Getzlaf : Hooking - 2 min

20:00ANARyan Getzlaf : Roughing - 2 min

20:00DETPavel Datsyuk : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

20:00DETBrian Rafalski : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

What are they saying in the post game stuff? Babcock being politically correct per usual?

Yes. Chance to win at home, doesn't believe in momentum, blah, blah, blah. Same s***, different day.

Edited by Mike

NO intensity. NO drive. Nothing!!

I will disagree with any & all who say Ducks played well. This was the, THE worst! f'n game I've seen from ANY team these playoffs. Well, from any team with serious Cup aspirations. Yeh yeh yeh. We all know we've got home ice for the 7th. But who the hell were these guys in red?

Defensively - crap!

Offensively - crap!

You play with intensity to win it TONIGHT, not thinking, well we got another game. Win or lose next, this really gives us something to ponder .... I simply will NOT accept half ass efforts, no, no make that NO effort tonight. I'm disgusted.

To see these guys play with such laziness is inexcusable!!

Goodnite all!!!!!

That wasn't much fun to watch. The Wings had four or five opportunities to put the puck into vacant nets and it just wasn't happening. Very frustrating.

Not to harp on the officiating, which I thought was good for 55 minutes, but what in the flying hell was with the Rafalski call? Holding? What? He didn't even put a hand on the guy. He checked him. He was playing hockey. Terrible.

The offside call was close enough that I'll give the linesman a pass (I thought it was offside at game-speed) but it really hurts to see that happening so late in such a critical situation. The Wings were never able to get the puck in the zone and set up with the sixth skater after that.

In conclusion, whatever. Just win Thursday. If Datsyuk scored a few goals then, that would be lovely.

The good news is it looks like we would have gotten a pp out of that <_<

Haha, Detroit was raped. You're a homer.

So... good calls mean Ducks can bear-hug Datsyuk and drag behind dats while he skates, no call = good call?

Slashing the stick out of hossa's hand, no call = good call?

Ozzy makes a save and gobbles the puck, refs let the Ducks hack-and-whack for 3 - 4 extra seconds, no whistle = good call?

Hiller loses a rebound, Wings were swarming as ref blows the whisle as puck rebounds to center = good call?

Calling Hossa offsides when he was clearly on sides = good call?

Yeah, great officiating!

Refs clearly was pushing for a game 7 and got it. e'nuff said!

And how can you say you are not being a homer? I saw 2 tripping penalties on Bobby Ryan not called. A noncall charging call (which apparently they are no longer calling in the NHL..ex. Ryan Carter's broken nose). Refs miss things, you are mad because you lost. If we lost the game, I still would of agreed w/ every call.

I can't understand the whole team being so boring. I can understand maybe a few Wings playing poorly, but what makes them ALL play bad? That was the most painful Wings game I have seen in a loooooong time.

There is no law against drafting big players with talent that can actually ******* fight.

Good luck getting this skilled giant who can throw at the end of the first round.

Great ending to a great game. The Ducks finally woke up. Now we have a great game 7 coming up. Good luck to both teams.

On a side note, Pavel fights like a *****. Same with Rafalski (although he is still injured). Why do the Wings seem intent on trying to scrap with the Ducks? You brought up your enforcer...did he play? That was a waste. Hopefully the Wings keep him for game 7 and the Ducks let Parros play. That would be nice to watch Parros and McCarty do a little dance at center ice...but McCarty fights like a ***** as well.

Your website is better than the Ducks. Here, you can speak your mind. Our website, if you say something too detrimental, they will delete it. I think I will enjoy hassling your team year round....NICE!

Good luck to both teams.

Ducks in 7.

If you were able to name ONE instance where the Red Wings were starting s*** with the Ducks after a period ended or after a whistle, you'd have a valid point.

This was the best reffed game of the series. No bad calls for either team!

You really really need to probably get the hell out of here for the time being?

The after the whistle bulls*** by your "stars" was sickening. Even if it turns out your uh...boyz win, I hope someone pounds them collectively into the ice. Maybe in Siberia.

So whatever happened the the auto-suspension for instigating within 5 minutes of the end of the game?

Is that just ignored now?

The best example I have is if lets say the Ducks put Parros out there to fight w/ a minute left. That would be a suspension. But yes, it is hardly enforced

How can a team show no effort and play that s***ty when they have an opportunity to eliminate a team? What does it take, a game where you could be eliminated, in order to play well? Well, they will be getting that chance. It is do or die time now.

Glad to see the Ducks finally get some penalties. Too bad it was after the ******* game.

So whatever happened the the auto-suspension for instigating within 5 minutes of the end of the game?

Is that just ignored now?

Half the rules are ignored in the playoffs, why would that be any different? The NHL makes such a big deal about the new rules but then they throw them out the window day 1 of the playoffs. The NHL says they are trying to cut down on hits to the head but they don't suspend players that do. Players can sucker punch other players and only get fined. The NHL is now worse than the NBA in terms of officiating.

+1. Since they actually made it out of the first round this year, he might need to take a couple months off next season.

Most overrated player in NHL history.

He is 95% reputation, any other player pulling off half the crap he does would spend half the game in the penalty box for interference. He's above average at best, pity we can't seem to get one game officiated pre-lockout era style while every other like every other series seems to be. Still no excuse for the retched game the Wings played and their terrible PP, we could have had all the PPs we deserved and still lost.

We don't deserve to win this series.

The fact that it's even going seven games against a team with only 1 line and a team that looked finished after the last game, shows you how pathetic the Wings have been in this series.

This team has been weird all season by not coming out for certain games, and it caught up with them tonight.

No killer instinct at all.

I just hope we score first and second in game 7, or else the JLA will be quieter than a funeral home if the Ducks take the lead.

You said it! And you're 100% correct.

Of course, no one else will admit it.

This Series should NEVER gone 7 Games.

And now the ducks have momentum, "history", and "we're the Team of Destiny" on their side.

<projectile vomiting>