• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
XxGoWingsxX

So blackhawks advance

Rate this topic

Chill out this is a hypothetical thread, Jesus! If you have superstitions stay the hell out of the thread, if you don't welcome to the thread.

See the beauty of this is you can choose which threads to participate in, are you also going to tell me which Jersey to wear during games or when I can say shutout or not!

I would rather talk about this....AFTER the duck series. That series is far from over. We need one more win.

So im not going to talk about how we match up with them but I will say that im really happy to see the Blackhawks back in the WCF. They havent been very good the past 15 years. So its great to see another original 6 team doing well!

My biggest fear of Chicago against anyone is the fact that they are so resilliant *sp?*. They can bring so much intensity in the OV that teams can get back on their heels so quick. They have a great back line that can score alot of goals.

I'm concerned about facing the hawks. I'd much rather face Vancouver.

Chill out this is a hypothetical thread, Jesus! If you have superstitions stay the hell out of the thread, if you don't welcome to the thread.

See the beauty of this is you can choose which threads to participate in, are you also going to tell me which Jersey to wear during games or when I can say shutout or not!

THANK YOU...i love how everyone else thinks they are the owners of this board and can dictate what CAN AND CAN'T be talked about. If you don't like it, don't participate...you get it man.

To the people saying crap about "juju":

Use your rational brain. Nothing we say or do has any effect on what the team does tonight. None of us have any "juju" effect on whether Dats or Z play their best, nor do we have any effect on whether Hossa puts up 1 point or 6000.

Logic is highly underrated when it comes to sports; the Ducks are down in the series and their main players are exhausted. Getzlaf has been playing like s*** in the past two games. It's obvious the amount of time that he's played thus far in the playoffs is getting to him.

Whether we win tonight or in game 7, the series is ours. There's no way that a team as experienced as ours comes out and doesn't show up when they can see the end of the tunnel.

So kindly shut up about "juju" nonsense and use some logic; you have a brain with higher intellectual functions for a reason. Use what you've been given instead of reverting back to the cattle-sacrificing primitives we've grown past.

Edited by Theophany

Like: Shorter travel, no 10:30 games, Coach 'Q' is basically the Wings *****, compelling original six match-up, its a true definition of how dominant the Central division was this year, and I don't have to watch my favorite team play my fiancee's favorite team which would only end up badly one way or the other.

Dislike: We are currently playing the Ducks.

...instead of reverting back to the cattle-sacrificing primitives we've grown past.

I sacrificed a cow just last week, your words offend me deeply. :ph34r:

See the beauty of this is you can choose which threads to participate in

This.

As for the topic -- 'hakws don't scare me at all. They got past the 'nucks because the 'nucks don't play hockey so much as ride their goalie and hope for the best. This Wings team is hands-down the best team in the playoffs and currently has the second best team in the playoffs on the ropes.

Wings in 4.

Edited by Dabura

Im really glad the Hawks got past the Nucks. Nucks didn't play hockey when it counted. Main thing is I don't have to listen to everyone where I live go on and on about the Nucks, and the damn car flags will be taken down

I would like this rivalry to get a little spark. Anytime two original six teams are goin at it im in heaven anyway...but the Blackhawks do have some young talent in Kane and Toews to look out for and a veteran Goalie that has been around. Should be a good series when it inevitably happens

Positives

The man below has no balls.

JoelQuennevilleOct16pressconferencePostDispatchGettyDavidBanks.jpg

Negatives

I'm sure I'll think of some at some point.

That's pretty funny coming from you...

I watched JQ play for the Windsor Spitfires when he was in junior and he was as tough as nails...

Wings in six: too much depth... We'll deep six 'em!

Um,... hate to rain on everyone's parade, but Wings didn't advance to the WCF yet. This thread is premature and bad juju.

I do believe the title says "blackhawks advance" and nothing about the Wings, but this HAS been reiterated several times already...

Now to my opinion/analysis!

I see the Hawks as a team that's made it deep because their opponents failed to capitalize on rookie mistakes. It would seem that either that Hawks are really good at covering up, or the Canadian teams just didn't have good enough coaching (which with Keenan seems unlikely, but Vigneault (sp?) never really liked much)

All a team has to do if they are to beat the Hawks, is capitalize on the errors, and play a solid team defence. Something that the Wings have shown they can do. As for Bulin, he's been through it all before, so don't underestimate the guy. His sv% numbers will go up big time against the Wings.

Also of note: the Hawks are playing eerily similar to the Wings of the 08/09 season, so if the Wings show up in the WCF, it will be a rude awakening to the kiddies.

That's pretty funny coming from you...

I watched JQ play for the Windsor Spitfires when he was in junior and he was as tough as nails...

Wings in six: too much depth... We'll deep six 'em!

Even funnier when it comes from the man on the left...

coachkocur.jpg

Positives

Joel Quennville is their coach

Blackhawks are the most penalized team in the playoffs

No 10PM starts

We are the Detroit Red Wings

Negatives

Possible over-eating at Giordano's, Portillo's and Chicago hot dog stands could cause the Wings to be bloated and slow.

Positives

Joel Quennville is their coach

Blackhawks are the most penalized team in the playoffs

No 10PM starts

We are the Detroit Red Wings

Negatives

Possible over-eating at Giordano's, Portillo's and Chicago hot dog stands could cause the Wings to be bloated and slow.

LOL nice...MMM all that food sounds good...1 hour til game time...LETS GO WINGS

No love in Minnesota for Detroit Red Wings!

I went to school wearing my Red Wings jersey and at least 25 people came up to me asking me if we are nervous to play the Blackhawks. I just said we are not looking at this series right now (which I ain't looking at), we got one more with the Ducks. Once I said that they said that once we beat Ducks tonight we better be sweating about the Blackhawks and how they are going to kill us. All I could do was walk away laughing and said "we'll see, we'll see!" I almost got to think that Blackhawks are coming into the next series a little bit to confident.

If the Wings advance to play the Blackhawks

Pros

- Wings have the number of any team coached by Joel Quenville :P

- Wings have beaten Khabibulin in the past in the playoffs (1998 Phoenix)

- Original-6 matchup, good for TV ratings in all likelihood

Cons

- Chicago has solid offensive pop and got to Luongo consistently when he's often deemed the best goalie out there

- Just about every Blackhawk fan that's ever been affiliated with this forum has been a mindless troll, giving Blackhawk fans a bad name. Hopefully this would not be the case this time if the Wings advance, although I'm not getting my hopes up.

Whoa cowboy, I chime in here every now and again for the past couple years, hardly with troll posts. Sure there's rivalry, but so far in my experience all of you have been decent no reason for me not to be the same back. Canucks board on the otherhand I ended up kind of turning into a troll after spending time trying to engage in productive discussion I would get randomly attacked, and got sick of how they never gave the hawks credit for anything, it was either the refs, or "X player played bad or else we would have won were better than the hawks". By my estimation (the Penalties dished out were even, throughout the series) with all the non calls they complained about, they needed about 30 minutes of PP time per game to win(seriously after every game they would run off about 15 "non calls" they claim they were shafted for).

Edited by TSD

No love in Minnesota for Detroit Red Wings!

I went to school wearing my Red Wings jersey and at least 25 people came up to me asking me if we are nervous to play the Blackhawks. I just said we are not looking at this series right now (which I ain't looking at), we got one more with the Ducks. Once I said that they said that once we beat Ducks tonight we better be sweating about the Blackhawks and how they are going to kill us. All I could do was walk away laughing and said "we'll see, we'll see!" I almost got to think that Blackhawks are coming into the next series a little bit to confident.

The thing about the blackhawks attitude I precieve and other teams is this: The Blackhawks are happy to be here and other teams we've faced expect to be here. A positive step this year was making the playoffs for me, everything else thus far has been a bonus.

I highly doubt they are overconfident, I don't think you go into a series over confident against a team that had their way with you most of the regular season.

JQ better be mind raping Scotty Bowman, hes gonna need it.

Edited by TSD

What do I like about Chicago: I like them a lot of they're playing Anaheim.

What do I dislike: I dislike the team a lot of they're playing us.

Wings need to win game 7!

Most of you are so confident that Detroit will win, just wondering why when you are having a hard time beating Anahiem? Chicago is very deep in every line and every line is dangerous and will score. Our defensive core has arguably 3 of the top defensman in the the league with Seabrook, keith and campbell, not to mention the highly skilled Barker and two other very decent defensman that rarely make mistakes. If Detroit is to take Chicago lightly then they got another thing coming.

IMHO Chicago in 6 if Detroit can make it past the Ducks and i sure hope they will.