• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

Abdelkader skates on scoring line

Rate this topic

BabSC1374.jpg

Over the last 2 seasons, only one thing about Babcock's decisions can be questioned, and that's the timing of the decisions. He has made GREAT decisions.

1) Get Osgood in there for Hasek last year = Great

2) Go to the net instead of shooting from the perimeter = Great

3) Get Holmstrom THE F$%K OFF of Datsyuk's line = Great

The only thing that can be said of these decisions is that they should have been made sooner. But unlike Dave Lewis, Babcock recognizes a problem and fixes it (eventually).

Need to add one more. And its probably the one thing that turned around the Ducks series. Putting Franzen, Hossa, and Flip together for Game 4!!! It really did turn the tide at that point in time. Now, he didn't keep them together for the entire series, but what magic they provided in game 4!!!

Dude, Jake.....chill out. You talk about others reading comprehension, but you are the one that seems like you are having difficulty with the comprehension. This guy said nothing about Homer. Babs switch other folks up there with Hoss and Dats, and they still did nothing. So it is more than just Homer. Ok, I used the word Homer.....is this where you go off on me and tell me how much he sucks.....even though I said nothing about him adding anything to that line?? The guys point was that Dats and Hoss don't play well together (REGARDLESS OF WHO IS ON THE OTHER WING)......Get it??? So you can stop bashing everyone for Homer, because no one here is saying he should be on a line with Hoss and Dats. Got it? Wow dude, get a grip!

:lol: Just put him on ignore. I have him on ignore but once in awhile I go look to see if he has something intelligent to say but, alas, NO, so back on permanent ignore.

It might be wrong, but I would love for Babcock to take out Holmstrom and put Leino on the first line and Abby on the fourth line. Leino has the kind of skill that the team needs to play against Chicago. I do see a problem for the power plays with no Holmstrom to stand in front of the goalie, but I would like to see if it would work.

:lol: Just put him on ignore. I have him on ignore but once in awhile I go look to see if he has something intelligent to say but, alas, NO, so back on permanent ignore.

Another HHO victim.

It's Holmstrom to the outside where he won't get held, hooked, or slashed quite as badly.

Thanks for pointing this out to me! I agree completely - Homer is such a puss! He never gets in traffic and doesn't know how to take abuse, he just ponces about by the blue line hoping not to break a nail.

Anyone else think that Abby has the upside potential to be a similar Helm-type-player?

Depends what you mean by Helm. Checking line player? I think that Abdelkader certainly has the potential to play on a checking line. He's not as fast as Helm though, and is and will be bigger. I can't really comment on this since I haven't seen any GR games, but I get the impression that he might have some more offensive upside than Helm, but don't listen to me.

This is an experiment. Next season Abby, Helm, Leino will be permamnent Red Wings! (and Hossa)

I'll leave out the Hossa bit since we've all been there and talked about that. Leino, yes. Not 100% about the other two though. There might be cap issues/issues with having too many people staying on (esp. if Hossa walks, and Koko, Huds etc. get resigned). Of the two, Helm is the most likely to stay up, and I think that he'll be a Wing next year. Not sure about Abdelkader. Holland has a tendency to let players mature almost to the point of being overripe/stagnating (a good policy - see Ericsson, he's 25 and a rookie. I know that he's an exception in that he was first a forward, and a European etc., but he sure wasn't brought up until he was ready, only then due to injury. It also had a lot to do with a deep defense, but still...). I don't think that it will be in the best interests for Abdelkader and his development to play 6 minutes a night on a fourth line in Detroit, when he could certainly grow from a season of top line minutes in GR.

Personally, I feel this is a coaching move to get a fire lit under Holmstrom's A**, and it definitely needed to be done. I would not be suprised if we see the lines different come game time or somewhere throughout the first two games. Actually I'd put money on it. I am pumped to see what Abdelkader can do with more minutes with top tier players. And all of this talk about Holmstrom not being able to play 5 on 5 is crazy. Yes he has struggled this year especially in the playoffs, yes he deserves to be demoted and it might just work to his advantage and the wings as a whole. But most of all i think the Datsyuk zetterburg "Holmstrom" line clearly showed last year that they are effective together, yes 5 on 5. This year not so much and hence why Homer has been demoted. But I wouldn't be suprised if this is just a coaching move to get him going again. That's my two cents on the issue.

Personally, I feel this is a coaching move to get a fire lit under Holmstrom's A**, and it definitely needed to be done. I would not be suprised if we see the lines different come game time or somewhere throughout the first two games. Actually I'd put money on it. I am pumped to see what Abdelkader can do with more minutes with top tier players. And all of this talk about Holmstrom not being able to play 5 on 5 is crazy. Yes he has struggled this year especially in the playoffs, yes he deserves to be demoted and it might just work to his advantage and the wings as a whole. But most of all i think the Datsyuk zetterburg "Holmstrom" line clearly showed last year that they are effective together, yes 5 on 5. This year not so much and hence why Homer has been demoted. But I wouldn't be suprised if this is just a coaching move to get him going again. That's my two cents on the issue.

"LAST YEAR" You just said it best. I'm glad you don't have a HHO. You like Holmstrom, but you're not willing to admit that he's Steve Yzerman. I think most of the fans are starting to realize what you have. The guy has a role. It's not with our top forwards.

To me Abdelkader will be McCarty in his heyday.

Helm is Draper...

Kopey can be Maltby until we find a better one...And wah-la a new era grindline.

Helm is Draper no doubt but I think Abdelkader is more like Drake

Yup, Dekader is a bit dirty, more on the drake side. He's a leader more on the drake side.. and he wont fight nearly as often, which is more favorable to the drake side.. But i would love a Dallas Drake in his prime on the wings.. oh mi.

HHO?

HHO = Holmstrom Hard-On

It's a condition a lot of fans on this site suffer from. No matter how bad Ninety-SUX plays, he's still not the reason the line that he is playing on is not playing well.

HHO = Holmstrom Hard-On

It's a condition a lot of fans on this site suffer from. No matter how bad Ninety-SUX plays, he's still not the reason the line that he is playing on is not playing well.

Really? So how did Pav and Hossa played today? They did not score. Again.

Holmstrom played very well.

Get Holmstrom OFF of it.

You may not be completely wrong.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Datsyuk and Hossa for the most part are perimeter players. It's the way they always have been. Sure, every now and again they'll go into the dirty areas but they just naturally like to stay on the outside.