• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 2 GDT: Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

If you look at the view that the ref had, Lidstrom had 2 hands on him and around his torso. It's a holding penalty folks. You can't do that in the offensive zone in this NHL.

Our "top" line needs to wake the f*** up.

Babs might want to change up the lines again. You have the three coldest forwards on the ice, on a line together, and you expect them to come out of it. Not sure I understand that.

Babs might want to change up the lines again. You have the three coldest forwards on the ice, on a line together, and you expect them to come out of it. Not sure I understand that.

Maybe it's so other players don't catch their cold :ph34r:

If you look at the view that the ref had, Lidstrom had 2 hands on him and around his torso. It's a holding penalty folks. You can't do that in the offensive zone in this NHL.

Oh really? I wouldn't know, with the inconsistency. lol I mean, Anaslime did it all series and never got called. Are you sure it's a rule? :)

Why is everyone complaining about the Lidstrom holding call? Rafalski held Toews just before that, so technically there should have been two penalties. It was a clear hold on Lidstrom, get over it.

Because this s*** is lopsided and inconsistent. I'm not bitching, just stating. Call everything or call nothing.

How the hell did Pittsburgh go a whole game without being called for a penalty?

Not sure I have ever seen that post-lockout.

Edited by egroen

WHAT IS WRONG WITH LIDSTROM!?!... Get Him off The Ice!!.. haha.. god people.. He is only like our best player.. and look on the bright side.. he got his 2 penalties out of the way while we were winning.. now he should be good for the next 10-15 games..

Guest Shoreline
So you no longer actually have to "hold" a player to get called for holding.

I can not believe how many bad calls have been in this game, for both teams -- and then tons of real infractions get ignored.

Eh, I've been talking about it in another topic all day. Tired of how obvious penalties are let go and chincy s*** gets called.

Even funnier when a Wing fell and the ref signaled "dive" so didn't call a Wing, then a few minutes later a Wing gets called on a similar penalty. Bet the players on the ice are just as confused as we are about what is actually a penalty in their rulebook.

Edited by Shoreline

$$$$$$

Because this s*** is lopsided and inconsistent. I'm not bitching, just stating. Call everything or call nothing.

Yeah, or at least call the things that are pertinent to the play. One of the wings was hauled down, no call, a few minutes prior to that incident which took away an offensive rush.

I am willing to accept the Lidstrom penalty, since it 'looked' like he was hog tying him, but in reality it had no bearing on the play. There have been many incidents tonight that they have let go which DID have bearing on the play. One that comes to mind is the 2 hander on Cleary in front of the net.

For two games together Franzen, Filppula and Hossa tore s*** up (against Anaheim, no less). But let's not go back to that... it was unfair to the other team.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH LIDSTROM!?!... Get Him off The Ice!!.. haha.. god people.. He is only like our best player.. and look on the bright side.. he got his 2 penalties out of the way while we were winning.. now he should be good for the next 10-15 games..

Dumbs***, nobody's mad at Lidstrom, we're mad at the refereeing.

Because it's the Crosby Hockey League...he's the new Messiah

So you no longer actually have to "hold" a player to get called for holding.

I can not believe how many bad calls have been in this game, for both teams -- and then tons of real infractions get ignored.

But but if it wasn't for these new rules and the stiffer enforcement the game would be so restricted and we wouldn't get to see the skill guys like Kane, Datsyuk and Hossa put on such an impressive offensive show every night... Um. Never mind. ;)

The sad part about it is that Penguins fans still aren't happy. One of those whiners came on LGW and complained about the officiating. Unbelievable.

Why is everyone complaining about the Lidstrom holding call? Rafalski held Toews just before that, so technically there should have been two penalties. It was a clear hold on Lidstrom, get over it.

Disagree...he ALMOST did, then let him go just in time. But valid call on Lids, IMO. I'm a big fan of intermissions breaking up our PKs, I think that outweighs the fresh ice factor.

2-1 Spits, 4:30 left, BTW.

For two games together Franzen, Filppula and Hossa tore s*** up (against Anaheim, no less). But let's not go back to that... it was unfair to the other team.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with that