• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 2 GDT: Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

I noticed that too, I mentioned it to my brother, he went straight to the back didn't he?

Maybe he instructs Sammy to purposely shoot the puck into the goalie's chest all the time.

Sammy violated Babcock's number 1 rule for him. :lol:

I noticed that too, I mentioned it to my brother, he went straight to the back didn't he?

He walked away right after the goal, but I couldn't see his face. I'm sure he was angry because his team just won.

Edited by P. Marlowe

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but if the Wings play with the same (lack of) urgency and engagement in Chicago like they did tonight we'll be looking at a 2-2 series when if shifts back to Detroit.

Very disappointed in the overall game -- but not with Osgood. He was outstanding.

Hopefully Maltby is coming in for Abdelkader. I think we need to get Maltby/Draper out there on the PK and stopping having our scoring forwards (at least half the time) out there.

Yeah I agree. I thought it was a bit weird not seeing Drapes out there as much on the faceoffs or the PK's. It could've been worse but it also could've been better.

Ohhhh... Maybe that's why. The PK. Giving the scorers some relief. That I can buy. But was Abdelkader that bad?

I don't think he was bad per se, but he was by far our lowest TOI among the forwards tonight and he's not going to hop over the boards on a PK. Besides, whenever Maltby has been benched he's come back strong when he's been plugged back in. Overall I think he's more versatile. If the first two games are any indication it's not about the physical play, it's about being responsible defensively and not $%@#ing up. In that case, you need experience and versatility and Maltby brings both of those to the table.

Was anyone else amused when they showed the career playoff OT goals by the Red Wings and Maltby, riding the pine, had two?

Well over on the Blackhawks boards, some clown honestly just called for someone to take up a rifle, and go shoot Franzen and Cleary...lovely...

Unfortunately for Chicago, Mule would eat the bullet and spit out fire, and Cleary would let it go right through him and just smile. They may not play like it on the ice, but Red Wings are sadistic bastards.

Nice job guys. Maybe not the best effort from the wings, but they got the W...in the playoffs that's all that counts. You're now as close to the Cup as my Sharks have ever been. 6 wins to go. Take 1 of 2 in Chi-town and finish it up at home in game 5 and make my prediction a reality. Good luck.

Oh yeah. Babs knows all about psychology and behavioral learning. I'm sure he's thinking, "We win after not having any legs or intensity? This isn't right. We got lucky."

Unfortunately for Chicago, Mule would eat the bullet and spit out fire, and Cleary would let it go right through him and just smile. They may not play like it on the ice, but Red Wings are sadistic bastards.

Well Mule and Cleary do.

Yeah I agree. I thought it was a bit weird not seeing Drapes out there as much on the faceoffs or the PK's. It could've been worse but it also could've been better.

Agreed. It was very weird to see Helm out there taking a defensive zone faceoff with Draper at the hash marks.

Speaking of faceoffs, what's the ratio for Red Wings-to-Blackhawks for getting thrown out of the faceoff circle? 12-1?

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but if the Wings play with the same (lack of) urgency and engagement in Chicago like they did tonight we'll be looking at a 2-2 series when if shifts back to Detroit.

Very disappointed in the overall game -- but not with Osgood. He was outstanding.

Hopefully Maltby is coming in for Abdelkader. I think we need to get Maltby/Draper out there on the PK and stopping having our scoring forwards (at least half the time) out there.

I think we can put it down to Detroit being just tired/flat. In the press conference Babcock said how the guys had no jump at all. He said they really need 2 days off "so bad it's not funny". I'm guessing he's quietly ecstatic we pulled out tonight given we had so little energy and we almost stole the game thanks to Ozzie. :thumbup:

Here's the TSN feed of the OT goal

"Tic....Tac....Goal"

that's just wild to see Huddie, Flip and Sammy deliver a textbook "Red Wings hockey" style GWG. It made my heart glad.

And what a rush for Sammy to have the bench empty and pile on him to congratulate him.

Edited by puckloo39

Agreed

During the after game presser, Babs said Maltby would be in next game... I think its safe to assume Alligator is out.

Guest Shoreline
"I just hope we can win a game!"

LOL.

Well over on the Blackhawks boards, some clown honestly just called for someone to take up a rifle, and go shoot Franzen and Cleary...lovely...

jkhkkj.gif

Speaking of faceoffs, what's the ratio for Red Wings-to-Blackhawks for getting thrown out of the faceoff circle? 12-1?

I'm pretty sure Hank hasn't taken a face off yet in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, some Hawk false starts before Hank puts his stick down not once, not twice, but three times, and all he gets is a stern talking to.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Oh yeah. Babs knows all about psychology and behavioral learning. I'm sure he's thinking, "We win after not having any legs or intensity? This isn't right. We got lucky."

Just an observation I was unsure about and it was also stated by someone else. I'm sure he was just as excited as the next but he may have been disapointed about the overall play throughout the game.

The 3rd line had a couple of great shifts in the OT, only fitting that they got the GWG on such a beautiful play.

Once again our depth is too much to handle for the Hawks.

This wasn't Hossa and Datsyuk's "breakout" game, but I thought they showed some promise tonight. Next game?

Ozzie was awesome tonight.

That is all, good game, good win, good night.

I agree! I felt they played with a lot more energy and focus tonight and I still say they will have a major impact in this series.

I think we can put it down to Detroit being just tired/flat. In the press conference Babcock said how the guys had no jump at all. He said they really need 2 days off "so bad it's not funny". I'm guessing he's quietly ecstatic we pulled out tonight given we had so little energy and we almost stole the game thanks to Ozzie. :thumbup:

I missed Babcock's presser as I was writing the recap and just caught the last couple of questions when Osgood and Samuelsson were on the dias. If Babcock said they were gassed I definitely believe him and the two-day break comes at a perfect time. I'd probably just have an optional skate on Thursday (day off, obviously, on Wednesday) and let the guys recharge since it's the first decent break since the Anaheim series (not counting the two-day gap between each series, especially with all of the travel involved in it).

They'd better be ready for Friday. The United Center is going to be crazy for sure. Thank god we just need a puddle-jumper for this series.

... And I still think we need to mix up those lines...

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Hossa

Cleary-Helm-Hudler

Maltby-Draper-Samuelsson

I'd prefer to have Cleary up and Holmstrom down, but I think it'd just really, really hamper the 4th line to have Homer there.