• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Four

Kronwall Hit

Rate this topic

Why do we feel the need to defend Kroner for that hit. He left his feet after the impact. It was a brutal hit, but it's the kind of hit every fan of every team wants to see delivered to the opposition, especially in the playoffs. I'm sure not everyone wants to see the receiveing guy out cold, but come on people, that's a beeeeautiful hockey hit. Quenville has to say what he says because he's coaching that squad and he can't very well tell his kids that it was a great f***in hit. He needs to get them fired up so he's gonna say it was dirty or illegal or whatever he needs to, to incite his team to play harder. Let's just hope people learn to keep their heads up, especially when Kroners on the ice.

Edited by Rocket Queen 30

Was it a dirty hit? The only valid argument I can think of from the Hawks perspective is that Kronwall got him in the chest but he also got him in the head a little as well, thus making it a dirty hit. All shots to the head are dirty, regardless of whether they were unintentional. When you look at it again, perhaps Kronwall could have hit him in the left shoulder instead of the chest-head area. Basically, Kronwall could have avoided the head area.

Not saying I agree. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

But the Hawks reactions to the hit are rather interesting:

"I think it's pretty gutless to step up like that. For a guy like that going after Marty, that's something we don't like. You have to stay disciplined, but when we get the chance we're going to finish our licks on them."

"We felt it was kind of a dirty hit, so that means we're going to start giving it to their star players and making it tough for them to play as well. It's one of those things where Marty's in a vulnerable situation - head down, kind of blindsided a little bit. Those kind of hits are tough. It's almost like a hit from behind - in the same category as that."

If they want to talk about dirty hits then how about their teammate Ben Eager? That guy is ridiculous with shots to the head.

Kronwall pushes up off the ice AFTER he makes contact with the player, not before, which is LEGAL. He does this to put more weight into the hit and or check.

I think that is where a lot of people are getting confused.

Was it a dirty hit? The only valid argument I can think of from the Hawks perspective is that Kronwall got him in the chest but he also got him in the head a little as well, thus making it a dirty hit. All shots to the head are dirty, regardless of whether they were unintentional. When you look at it again, perhaps Kronwall could have hit him in the left shoulder instead of the chest-head area. Basically, Kronwall could have avoided the head area.

"I think it's pretty gutless to step up like that. For a guy like that going after Marty, that's something we don't like. You have to stay disciplined, but when we get the chance we're going to finish our licks on them."

"We felt it was kind of a dirty hit, so that means we're going to start giving it to their star players and making it tough for them to play as well. It's one of those things where Marty's in a vulnerable situation - head down, kind of blindsided a little bit. Those kind of hits are tough. It's almost like a hit from behind - in the same category as that."

If they want to talk about dirty hits then how about their teammate Ben Eager? That guy is ridiculous with shots to the head.

another funny think is that the first quote is campbell who did the same think ot umberger

One of the worst calls I've ever seen. The puck touched Havlat's stick and it deflected into his feet. That's not interference. It's not a charge because he curled into him and his feet stayed on the ice. Contact was made by the shoulder. What a joke Danny Boy...

DAn O ADmits to Hating the REd Wings.

He's From Essex, Right outside of Windsor, I know a guy pretty Good that Grew up with him....When Dan O's Around His Buddies, He Makes No Bones about Hating the Red Wings, And Especially Holmstrom....After Being told this, I asked How many of Homer's Goals Last year were Called back by Him? THe Guy I know said at least 2 or 3 that were newspaper worthy.

No one Has To believe this coming From a Random Internet guy that Has 2nd Hand Information, But take It For What it's worth.

Aren't you more concerned about Kronwall and Pavel's status?

Of course.

Kronners should play- a 10-minute game misconduct should negate any suspension. As for Pavel, I'll put a twenty on his playing.

does anyone have a hi-res picture of the hit. Either the one that was already posted or one right after the hit with havlat knocked out? I'd like to make a wallpaper with it.

Call was brutal, should never have happened, sort of a disgrace to take away a top 4 d-man so early in a game for something that was only called because of an injury. If it was a dirty charge or elbow and he got hit...sure. But it was a clean it, and Havlat should have played the puck instead of making it look pretty and have it go between his legs....Havlat had the chance to play the puck but chose not to. Let's face it. If Kronwall nailed him and Havlat got up, nothing would have happened, no penalties, no scrums, no nothing. But our buddy Dan O had to just go ruin everything like he always does.

clean and great hit... its unfortunate that havlat got hurt, seeing that i will never wish someone to get hurt (just because he plays for another team in the leauge doesnt mean hes guilty of anything, and should be taken out)....

with that being said, its hockey and you need to keep your head up... enough said

go wings

If that is 5 minutes and a game then Scott Stevens would not be in the HOF.

An absolute joke, but with all the help the Hawks got and could only pull off an OT win after being up 3-0 then i am not worried at all. Wings will respond after this cheesy loss.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why doesn't NHL just call some minor league refs up they can't do any worse of a job. I swear these guys get tons of money and screw up the calls nonstop. Atleast the minor league refs would want to stay up in the NHL after this season and would have incentive to get the calls right unlike these spoiled refs who know no matter how bad they screw up the NHL won't do crap.

does anyone have a hi-res picture of the hit. Either the one that was already posted or one right after the hit with havlat knocked out? I'd like to make a wallpaper with it.

Call was brutal, should never have happened, sort of a disgrace to take away a top 4 d-man so early in a game for something that was only called because of an injury. If it was a dirty charge or elbow and he got hit...sure. But it was a clean it, and Havlat should have played the puck instead of making it look pretty and have it go between his legs....Havlat had the chance to play the puck but chose not to. Let's face it. If Kronwall nailed him and Havlat got up, nothing would have happened, no penalties, no scrums, no nothing. But our buddy Dan O had to just go ruin everything like he always does.

CXA104052221_1024x768.jpg

CXA105052221_1024x768.jpg

GYI0057519336.3522704_1024x768.jpg

GYI0057519331.3522704_1024x768.jpg

Oh, really? His head was down? WHY was that? "Blindsided"? Bulls***.

And if they go after our 'stars', they'd better get the same kind of calls for the same kind of hits.