• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Red Wings' Nickas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk not skating

Rate this topic

Yeah but just cuz they're not skating means nothing. They do that all the time....injured players take the time off from practice then show their faces in the next game....could just be more resting time for them

I agree, I believe Cleary didn't practice throughout the whole first round, but yet he played every game. They might play and they might not, but missing practice just gives them a little extra rest reagardless.

Guest mindfly

"Maybe" = Not playin g, guaranteed.

Coach Mike Babcock just said that there's still a possibility that Nicklas Lidstrom (lower body) and Pavel Datsyuk (foot) could play in tomorrow's Game 5. Neither practiced today.

"They didn't practice," said Babcock. "Both guys are feeling better. We'll see what goes on in the (Wednesday) morning skate and go from there."

Would Babcock give those players a rest considering his team's 3-1 series advantage?

"If they're ready, they're playing," said Babcock.

Lidstrom is a six-time Norris Trophy winner, who is one of the final three for that award this spring. Datsyuk is a finalist for three awards — MVP, Selke and Lady Byng. He won both the Selke and Lady Byng last season

Edited by mindfly

Datsyuk, skated for about 15 minutes before practice, the first time he has been on the ice since Game 2 last Wednesday.

"Feel better,'' Datsyuk said. "I tried today on ice a little bit, a little bit hard to turn, we'll see tomorrow.''

Datsyuk, who worked out extensively in the gym, said he blocked a shot during the penalty-kill in the second period of Game 2 vs. Chicago. Oddly enough, the puck hit him in the same spot as it did in Game 5 vs. Anaheim. X-rays revealed no damage, however.

"Usually it's not double-shot in same spot,'' Datsyuk said. "Surprised it's same spot two times.''

I'm gonnag o ahead and be the first (unless someone else already brought it up) to say that our first NHL consipiracy to get the Pens every opportunity to win the finals is happening. We hear that our 2 best players are out, and the league suddenly wants to move the start date up to Saturday, AND have back to back games here. Hmmm. Doesn't that strike anyone else as odd?

I think teams that finish their series early EARN that rest off.

*pounds head into keyboard*

There is no conspiracy. There is no conspiracy. There is no conspiracy. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it.

And what if both of these WCF and ECF series went 7? How are they going to cram a 7 game series into 10 days if they were to start on June 5? If they were going to cram it somehow by playing a couple pairs of back to back games, then do that, but give the teams the rest, they've earned it.

I'm sorry, but I call BS. Just another thing to benefit the pens.

There is no conspiracy. There is no conspiracy. There is no conspiracy. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it.

I'm gonnag o ahead and be the first (unless someone else already brought it up) to say that our first NHL consipiracy to get the Pens every opportunity to win the finals is happening. We hear that our 2 best players are out, and the league suddenly wants to move the start date up to Saturday, AND have back to back games here. Hmmm. Doesn't that strike anyone else as odd?

I think teams that finish their series early EARN that rest off.

Actually, the league wanted to move the schedule because the Wings and Pens are looking like they'll finish their series so early it will leave an 8 day break for the Wings and a 9 day break for the Pens. Note that past history indicates the team with the shorter break before the finals will win (for whatever that kind of 3 year trend is worth to you).

I'll be pissed if they move the schedule forward to this Saturday AND have a back-to-back for the first two games. That would be a complete bulls*** move.

The finals is the most important 4-7 games of the NHL season, none of those games should be back-to-backs.

And what if both of these WCF and ECF series went 7? How are they going to cram a 7 game series into 10 days if they were to start on June 5? If they were going to cram it somehow by playing a couple pairs of back to back games, then do that, but give the teams the rest, they've earned it.

I'm sorry, but I call BS. Just another thing to benefit the pens.

Also, I heard that Lidstrom's day-to-day injury was a result of Bettman hitting him in the knee with a lead pipe. :ph34r:

Please tell me you're not one of those people who thinks the moon landings were fake (and by 'people' I mean 'retards' :P ).

Lidstrom is a six-time Norris Trophy winner, who is one of the final three for that award this spring. Datsyuk is a finalist for three awards — MVP, Selke and Lady Byng. He won both the Selke and Lady Byng last season

How is it possible for a Red Wings beat writer to not know Datsyuk is also nominated for the Pearson?

Also, I heard that Lidstrom's day-to-day injury was a result of Bettman hitting him in the knee with a lead pipe. :ph34r:

Please tell me you're not one of those people who thinks the moon landings were fake (and by 'people' I mean 'retards' :P ).

:hysterical:

OMG that was so good I laughed out loud!.. retards! hahhahaha!

looks like BABS isn't forcing anyone to play due to the destruction of the hawks last game. but they will show up with a completly diffrent team for game 5. and we better be ready to face them. if we lose game 5 lids and dats will be in the lineup no matter what!!

bit of good news

http://www.letsgowings.com/index.php/20090...e_5_unknown.php

The Red Wings received a brief dose of good news Tuesday morning with the news that Pavel Datsyuk took to the ice for 15 minutes prior to practice, reports Ansar Kahn of MLive.com. The status of Datsyuk and defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom (lower body injury) -- who did not skate -- will be determined tomorrow prior to Game 5. Datsyuk told reports that the foot took a shot to the same area in Game 5 of the Anaheim series and that, thankfully, x-rays revealed no damage. Kris Draper, who injured his groin in Game 3, has been ruled out.

I bet Datsyuk's foot has a factured bone somewhere in there. If it wasn't, then he should be able to play. This is not good.

"thankfully, x-rays revealed no damage. " ?

But maybe you know something that doctors and x-rays don't?

Right on. Drake Marcus for MVP. You know, since they sure as hell aren't going to give it to Osgood (even though he deserves it).