• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Red Wings' Nickas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk not skating

Rate this topic

I'm gonnag o ahead and be the first (unless someone else already brought it up) to say that our first NHL consipiracy to get the Pens every opportunity to win the finals is happening. We hear that our 2 best players are out, and the league suddenly wants to move the start date up to Saturday, AND have back to back games here. Hmmm. Doesn't that strike anyone else as odd?

I think teams that finish their series early EARN that rest off.

While I'd rather not see a week+ off between series, that is the first thing I thought of too - that the NHL sees an opportunity to keep Datsyuk and Lidstrom out of the first games and give the Pens the edge. :lol:

Bettman wants his boy to win - this is a subtle move that hopefully backfires in his face. :rolleyes:

If Pasha's trying to skate then you know he's gonna move Heaven and Hell to get in game 5. He's a very determined person when you come down to it.

VS douchenozzles said lidstrom is out tomorrow

If so, we're going to need the same kind of effort as game 5, coupled with some killer instinct.

I don't believe we can win long term without him, thus we have to finish the series quickly, and hope for more rest.

The longer this series goes, the longer Lidstrom will be missed. My heart can't take another game 7, especially knowing that the Pens are resting.

At this point I'd be surprised if either of them plays. Our luck is just that bad with injuries.

Hopefully, Pittsburgh will also have their best forward and best defenseman injured, to even the odds. ;)

Eastern Conference + defenseman = :blink: / :unsure:

I get what you were saying, but there's not much defense in the East compared to the West.

Edited by Theophany

I hate these "status uncertain" or "day-to-day". Always makes me feel pessimistic. I feel like there is a better chance we see datsyuk than lidstrom out there though, considering datsyuk is skating.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

If their status is somewhat up in the air I would almost like them to not play in game 5. If the team can put together an effort and close out the series without them it will just give them that much more time to rest and not risk re-injury.

I would like nothing more than to see Pavel come back from injury and absolutely dominate though.

Ansar Kahn said they arent on the ice this morning either. Really I don't think its a bad plan to sit them today. THey won last game without them, and if the Wings win today then game 1 is saturday, this gives them extra rest, otherwise they play for game 6, and then there is off until June 5th...I dunno we'll see

Red Wings' Nicklas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk not on ice

by Ansar Khan

Wednesday May 27, 2009, 10:43 AM

Quick update from the start of Wednesday's morning skate: Nicklas Lidstrom (lower-body injury) and Pavel Datsyuk (bruised foot) aren't skating. Will update shortly.

CRAP!

Edited by yzefan

With the matchups in our favor, and desperation coming from the Wings, it doesnt matter. It'd be nice to have them though.

Desperation?

We're up in the series 3-1, and we just won a game--that frustrated the hell out of the Hawks--6-1 without said players.

We had guys step up, but that's the story of our depth and quality of our franchise.

We're not desperate. We're in control. The Hawks are on the ropes, and it's just a matter of time.

Desperation?

We're up in the series 3-1, and we just won a game--that frustrated the hell out of the Hawks--6-1 without said players.

We had guys step up, but that's the story of our depth and quality of our franchise.

We're not desperate. We're in control. The Hawks are on the ropes, and it's just a matter of time.

Not to much time i hope.. need us some rest!!!!

Ansar Kahn said they arent on the ice this morning either. Really I don't think its a bad plan to sit them today. THey won last game without them, and if the Wings win today then game 1 is saturday, this gives them extra rest, otherwise they play for game 6, and then there is off until June 5th...I dunno we'll see

Agreed.

I think it's a favorable scenario to sit them.

Part of me almost hopes this series goes 6, without further injuries of course. I know that's hockey taboo, but I really don't like the Wing's chances playing back-to-back SCF games this weekend against the healthy Penguins.

Guest mindfly

Alright I guess Kronwall&Stuart have to step up big time like they did last game if they are going to win this one... if they ain't on the morning skate there's not a chance in the world the red wing doc team would let them play....

Red Wings' Nicklas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk not on ice

by Ansar Khan

Wednesday May 27, 2009, 10:43 AM

Quick update from the start of Wednesday's morning skate: Nicklas Lidstrom (lower-body injury) and Pavel Datsyuk (bruised foot) aren't skating. Will update shortly.

CRAP!

I didn't think they would. Babs stated that they'd see how they were doing during the pre-game skate. There's no use putting on skates now to see how they're doing, only to have them flare up before the pre-game skate. Best case scenario is to give them another 8 hours without irritation.

Alright I guess Kronwall&Stuart have to step up big time like they did last game if they are going to win this one... if they ain't on the morning skate there's not a chance in the world the red wing doc team would let them play....

I actually almost hope Lids and Dats are sitting. You just know that there will be (and was before game 4) a big conversation in the locker room about everyone needing to step up and play their best; keeping up pressure, etc.

Hossa certainly seemed to take it to heart. Let's hope that this little break from Lids and Dats helped Babcock wake up the team and finally get them into their machine mode, where they play excellent hockey 110% of the time.

I didn't think they would. Babs stated that they'd see how they were doing during the pre-game skate. There's no use putting on skates now to see how they're doing, only to have them flare up before the pre-game skate. Best case scenario is to give them another 8 hours without irritation.

Well, I guess Babs wasn't waiting. :P Obviously the injuries were severe enough that another half day wasn't going to be enough. Too bad.