• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 1 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I can't go on the other team's forums...they make me so mad

You also have to keep in mind that 80% of em are fairweather/bandwagon fans. I took one glance a second ago and felt like I wanted to vomit. the funny thing is THEY are the ones that came here and told us "not to make excuses". :rolleyes:

Also, considering the fact that most of em signed up in May 08..... <_<

The officiating whining does get very tiresome, but that non-call on Cooke was pretty egregious.

I think the non-call on Malkin tripping Kronwall was the most egregious actually. Not just because of the result, but because the Cooke thing, that is sometimes a matter of opinion, but Malkin's play was black-and-white.

Remember though: it's Paul Devorski, who has probably one of the most (if not THE most) famous non-calls in history under his belt.

It is BETTER for the Wings if the refs let thing go. We are grittier, smarter, and more controlled. Look at Chicago. We don't blow up; Pittsburgh will. The only guys that I worry about are Guerin and Kunitz (they get it when it comes to pushing the line).

Yup......I like the way the refs are letting them play and not calling EVERY little thing, YES....some of the missed calls should've been called, but Id rather have this then playing an entire period of PP's! It's HOCKEY!......I love the grit and the hits.....the calls that were made were kinda obvious and not much you can do.......at least it's the same on both sides and the Wings aren't the only one getting called or not called by the refs!

Hey guys, did you know poker is just as exciting as ice hockey?

s***, dont get me started on this. I have a Roommate who would like to see Poker in the olympics as a professional ******* sport

So no more kickin' your butt in post whoring the "X to a game X win" threads eh ;)

Well, the 2 of you (and Steve et al) will have to do my part for the next game. I will be going to visit Mom, so I won't be near a computer. Game on at Mom's.

I think that our GR guys will help out tomorrow. They're used to the b2b schedule. Granted it isn't at this level, but given how normal that is for the AHL, and how many b2b's the Wings had this year, I think that will be to our advantage.

Dude, if the Wings make a bad play (two actually) and the Pens capitalize, how is that not legit? Almost all goals are at least partly the result of a bad play by somebody.

The point was more of the hypocrisy of statements like "Boards 2 - Pittsburgh 1". The bounces have been crucial to all three goals, not just Detroit's.

Does anyone else get the feeling that they're playing just good enough knowing that they have to play another game in less than 24 hours?

Not a chance. This is the finals, and it's against a very good team. No way the Wings play only 'good enough' on purpose.

The point was more of the hypocrisy of statements like "Boards 2 - Pittsburgh 1". The bounces have been crucial to all three goals, not just Detroit's.

I'm not gonna pretend we haven't been way lucky considering we got outplayed pretty clearly in the second.