• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DangleD13

Pens Boards, (merged)

Rate this topic

Ozzy is not cocky, he is defending himself against a legion of detractors...and he has a RIGHT to. I've never seen a goalie that good be so underrated.

Ozzie actually is a little bit cocky - if he wasn't, he wouldn't be as good as he is at shutting out the criticism and stepping up his game when the other teams' fans are on his case. Really, there's no such thing as a successful goalie who isn't at least a little bit cocky. The thing is he doesn't act it, he just uses it to his advantage in games. And that's the difference between a classless ******* like a certain Avs goalie we used to know and love, and a guy like Osgood.

What would you expect to find on a Pens board? More Red Wing asskissing? There's plenty of that here trust me. Sure that site has some morons just like this one does, get over it.

that board isn't the only pens board saying things like that. I saw it on the HF board as well. I'm surprised how much they're calling the goals Fluery gave up that came off the boards as lucky, fluke plays and don't blame Fleury for those. I mean, Fleury was completely out of position. He is responsible for those goals.

Anytime Ozzie allows goals like that we're ready to trade or not sign him back here. It's amazing.

I'm sorry, but 'flower' looked very nervous from the start of the game yesterday. I had a huge laugh on that first goal. After falling on his face last year, then letting a goal like that in this year...hilarious.

letsgopens... really??? the originality is mind blowing....

They've been copyrighted since 1995. LGW since 1996...

There is also Let's Go Canes, Kings, Sharks, Panthers, Rangers, Blues, Caps, Wild...

The only originality is what Matt makes of it.

I am by no means a Crosby fan but fair is fair...

NHL

Art Ross Trophy (Most points in the regular season) 2007

Lester B. Pearson Award (Best player as voted by his peers) 2007

Hart Memorial Trophy (Most valuable player in the NHL) 2007

NHL First All-Star Team 2007

NHL All-Rookie Team 2006

Rookie of the Month October 2005

All-Star Game 2007, 2008*, 2009*

Mark Messier Leadership Award Jan. 2007

No Cup = Hasn't won s***.

I am by no means a Crosby fan but fair is fair...

NHL

Art Ross Trophy (Most points in the regular season) 2007

Lester B. Pearson Award (Best player as voted by his peers) 2007

Hart Memorial Trophy (Most valuable player in the NHL) 2007

NHL First All-Star Team 2007

NHL All-Rookie Team 2006

Rookie of the Month October 2005

All-Star Game 2007, 2008*, 2009*

Mark Messier Leadership Award Jan. 2007

True...but in Osgood's case, the guy has won three* cups and gets no respect for it.

What was the old Patrick Roy joke on Jeremy Roenick? "I cannot really hear what Jeremy says because I've got my two Stanley Cup rings plugging my ear."

Until you have won the most important trophy, you should have no room to be cocky.

Edited by Louisville

True...but in Osgood's case, the guy has won four cups and gets no respect for it.

What was the old Patrick Roy joke on Jeremy Roenick? "I cannot really hear what Jeremy says because I've got my two Stanley Cup rings plugging my ear."

Until you have won the most important trophy, you should have no room to be cocky.

Three. Better correct that soon.

They've been copyrighted since 1995. LGW since 1996...

There is also Let's Go Canes, Kings, Sharks, Panthers, Rangers, Blues, Caps, Wild...

The only originality is what Matt makes of it.

since 95 eh? and it still looks like that... wow...

thats why i like reading only r own biased opinions.

i could really care less what they think or say.

This is 100% on. Who cares what they think or say. They always find excuses of why they lost or why the Wings keep winning. One day its the boards, one day its the refs, one day its luck...etc...who really cares about thier opinions.

I think you guys are a little harsh on them. They're all new to hockey and don't understand the game yet. They didn't even have fans 3 years ago did they?

I think they're all in shock because for the first time in the playoffs they saw an opposing team play defense.

Chris Osgood is probably one of the least douchiest players in the league. In fact, I don't think you could really call any of our guys "douchebags". They get chirpy with the best of them, but Babs & Co. run a classy ship, here.

What next.....Nick Lidstrom is a douchebag? Oy. This amuses me to no end.

Guest Murph

They have a thread similar to our 'Photoshop War' thread.

They REALLY don't like Hossa.

LOL...

I'm not a fan of Paul Devorski, but the fact the puck was sitting on Osgood's back was a very unlikely scenario. When a glove is over the puck sitting in the blue ice it is a very easy call. When a glove is over the puck sitting on a red shirt it is probably something Devorski never saw before in all his years calling NHL games. It was a bizarre random event that is not likely to happen again. Sid saw it because he is smarter than anybody else on the planet when it comes to all things hockey. Nobody else (Pens players and coaches) seemed to make a big deal about it because most people don't have Sid's inherent hockey genius to assess such an unlikely situation like that in a split second.

Chris Osgood is probably one of the least douchiest players in the league. In fact, I don't think you could really call any of our guys "douchebags". They get chirpy with the best of them, but Babs & Co. run a classy ship, here.

What next.....Nick Lidstrom is a douchebag? Oy. This amuses me to no end.

I'm waiting for one of them or some other opposing fan to push the red button of "Yzerman is overrated." That person's going to get quite a spam lashing.

The bouncing boards is a stupid argument. The boards bounce at BOTH ends, so why is that an advantage for the Wings? It would be an advantage if the boards were only bouncy at the side the Wings got to attack for 2 periods, but that's not the way the Joe is. The boards behave crazily at BOTH ends of the ice. So who gives a rats ass?

The bouncing boards is a stupid argument. The boards bounce at BOTH ends, so why is that an advantage for the Wings? It would be an advantage if the boards were only bouncy at the side the Wings got to attack for 2 periods, but that's not the way the Joe is. The boards behave crazily at BOTH ends of the ice. So who gives a rats ass?

It's the Wings arena. They get more practice with them. You think that's something you can just master after one minute?

Guest Murph
I defy someone to say that here.

If they do, we will descend upon them like a plague.

Deal?