• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Opie

Hossa ready to return to the Igloo

Rate this topic

Red Wings = Nazis

Penguins = Americans

You sure that's the analogy you want to go with here?

The Devils are probably the closest organization to the Nazis. They don't even allow kids in the locker room.

Hossa had to make a choice last year, just like he will at the end of this season. Hopefully, after this season, the "I'm 30 and haven't won a Cup yet," won't be a factor.

I think that if Hossa had had a choice at to where he went at the trade deadline last season, he probably wouldn't have picked Pittsburgh. But he was traded there, and as a good hockey guy, played his heart out, and carried the team to the brink of winning the Cup. After getting so close, he had to look around and see if Pittsburgh was the right place for him. We have no idea what went on in the locker room, we don't know what his relationship with Thierren was like, we don't have any clue what his thought process was. He may have looked at the team, and decided that the coaching philosophy was wrong, he didn't like who he was playing with, or what have you.

Basically, he was a rental for Pitts, and may be a rental for the Wings.

Like the same thing wouldn't happen in Detroit if one of your players had acted like Hossa. C'mon.

Hossa will get booed, cheered if he gets knocked on his keaster. The game will go on.

What Hossa did is like a guy fighting for the Americans in World War II -- looks like the Germans are unbeatable at first, so he figures he has a better shot of winning the war if he goes to their side. Because, you know, he's never been on the side of the army that won the war. So instead of gritting it out, and working hard to enjoy the ultimate satisfaction of helping to beat that unbeatable army, he opts for the path of less resistance. The easier way to glory.

You guys want to think that's no big deal, go for it.

And wear your German Army uniforms with pride.

I myself will stand with General Patton, and fight for the good ol' US of A. No matter how big the odds look against us right now.

USA! USA!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :hysterical:

I'm happy for Hoss. Prior to coming to Hockeytwon, he was one of the few players outside of Detroit that I liked. Him coming here made my year. So, he takes less money, gets to the finals, isn't expected to carry the team, and will finally get the Cup.

So Pittsburgh, boo all you like. Last time that caused him to score a goal. Yeah, go with that.

~ Z

Edited by WingsCaptain

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :hysterical:

I've already said this but this new breed of Crosby-Pens fans are admirable in a way. They come on LGW, shoot off their opinion, more often than not get ripped apart and yet they keep coming back with more BS to play with. Yes the BS is embarrassing but I guess you have to commend them for their resiliency.

Hes made it clear that another reason why he came to detroit was to learn from the best players in the world.

That could never happen in pittsburgh, not ever in a million years.

Hossa also has to work 20 times harder in detroit then he would have to in pittsburgh. In pittsburgh he would not be critized if he didnt back check at all. He also wouldnt have to be killing penalities on a daily basis. Sorry that Hossa choose the best team in the sport, rather than stay in pittsburgh and be known as "crosbys winger" for the next 5 years. Does that make him a jerk? Only to you cry babys.

Hossa came along for the ride -- he's not needed in Detroit like he was in Pittsburgh -- he took a seat on the bus.

Another rider, instead of being a driver.

It's the easier way. There's not even any debate here.

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one to Detroit and a Cup,

And that has made all the difference.

Hossa had to make a choice last year, just like he will at the end of this season. Hopefully, after this season, the "I'm 30 and haven't won a Cup yet," won't be a factor.

I think that if Hossa had had a choice at to where he went at the trade deadline last season, he probably wouldn't have picked Pittsburgh. But he was traded there, and as a good hockey guy, played his heart out, and carried the team to the brink of winning the Cup. After getting so close, he had to look around and see if Pittsburgh was the right place for him. We have no idea what went on in the locker room, we don't know what his relationship with Thierren was like, we don't have any clue what his thought process was. He may have looked at the team, and decided that the coaching philosophy was wrong, he didn't like who he was playing with, or what have you.

Basically, he was a rental for Pitts, and may be a rental for the Wings.

Hossa came along for the ride -- he's not needed in Detroit like he was in Pittsburgh -- he took a seat on the bus.

Another rider, instead of being a driver.

It's the easier way. There's not even any debate here.

so btp....what say you to what drwscc just posted?

He looked at himself and thought, "I'm 30, I don't want to be around a bunch of young kids who are still trying to establish their team identity. I've already been through that. The Ottawa trade, Kovalchuk's ego. I want something different. Something better."

I bet you I'm not far off.

But apparently that wasn't the "manly" thing to do.

Edited by titanium2

Hossa came along for the ride -- he's not needed in Detroit like he was in Pittsburgh

So that's how its supposed to work out? They're supposed to go where they're needed more? I can almost hear your little whiny voice, "That's OUR GUY and you STOLE HIM! We need him more than you!!"

He looked at himself and thought, "I'm 30, I don't want to be around a bunch of young kids who are still trying to establish their team identity. I've already been through that. The Ottawa trade, Kovalchuk's ego. I want something different. Something better."

I bet you I'm not far off.

You aren't.

Like the same thing wouldn't happen in Detroit if one of your players had acted like Hossa. C'mon.

Hossa will get booed, cheered if he gets knocked on his keaster. The game will go on.

What Hossa did is like a guy fighting for the Americans in World War II -- looks like the Germans are unbeatable at first, so he figures he has a better shot of winning the war if he goes to their side. Because, you know, he's never been on the side of the army that won the war. So instead of gritting it out, and working hard to enjoy the ultimate satisfaction of helping to beat that unbeatable army, he opts for the path of less resistance. The easier way to glory.

You guys want to think that's no big deal, go for it.

And wear your German Army uniforms with pride.

I myself will stand with General Patton, and fight for the good ol' US of A. No matter how big the odds look against us right now.

USA! USA!

Do you honestly read what you type? Are you kidding me?

You must enjoy coming on here to get slaughtered because everybody else thinks your views are just so incredibly out of whack. Does that give you some kind of hint that you make no sense? Doesn't seem too productive or good for my esteem or logical if I were to keep coming on here and just getting hammered over and over again.

Now, if the teams were reversed, would Wings fans boo Hossa? Probably so to a degree, I wouldn't be shocked nor disappointed/upset. That is what fans do. Fans boo, they generally cheer for the team over the individual.

However Hossa does not owe the Penguins nor their fans anything. Just like Fedorov didn't owe the Wings anything when he left, even though it was a bitter departure. Both had their reasons for leaving. Fedorov wanted to go to a place where he though he could lead/excel better, Hossa went to a place where he thought his odds were best to win a Stanley Cup. Nothing wrong with that.

Are you going to kick Ray Bourque in the butt for going to Colorado at the time for the exact same reason as Hossa? A place where he thought it was his best chance to finally win a Stanley Cup.

You are either one of two things. A drama queen who wants attention with your insane posts and are clever enough using this method. Or you are probably a very smart man, but you are DUMB and SLOW.

I thought Pens fans treated what Crosby had to say as the gospel. He said he enjoyed the time he spent playing with Hossa (as Hossa was far and away the best winger he's ever played with, short of Mario, which was sporadic), but that he respected Hossa's decision to go to another team.

I know Pens fans are trying to make themselves feel better about the ordeal by pointing to his lower point total this season, but what they fail to realize is that Hossa averaged four to five fewer minutes per game this year than when he was in Atlanta, less powerplay time, and played in a system that emphasized defensive responsibility more than any other team he had played for previously. You're right, Pens fans: when Hossa plays fewer than 18 minutes per game, including only around a minute per powerplay, and plays dedicated two-way hockey, he scores fewer points. His team is also up 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals. I'm sure Hossa would take team success over personal success any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I've never seen a guy so maligned for spurning a multi-year, multi-tens-of-millions-of-dollars deal to get a chance to learn from a successful organization and win the Cup.

Edited by flip

However Hossa does not owe the Penguins nor their fans anything. Just like Fedorov didn't owe the Wings anything when he left, even though it was a bitter departure. Both had their reasons for leaving. Fedorov wanted to go to a place where he though he could lead/excel better, Hossa went to a place where he thought his odds were best to win a Stanley Cup. Nothing wrong with that.

He'll probably say that he never said there was anything wrong with that but only that he was needed more in Pittsburgh and so he took the easy way out.

One thing you forgot was that he came to Detroit not only to win but to learn. From Lidstrom, Chelios, you name it. He wanted to learn a more veteran poise. You're not going to get that out of many teams in the NHL.

Hossa doesn't seem like the kind of player to let the "boo birds" get to him. Im sure that place will be loud everytime he touches the puck though. The "Pronger Treatment" if you will.

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one to Detroit and a Cup,

And that has made all the difference.

You realize that the poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost isn't applicable at all here, right?

The whole point of the poem is that regardless of choice, both paths are essentially the same, regardless of how the speaker phrases it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_Not_Taken_(poem)

Then again, you probably thought it was called "The Road Less Travelled".

Hossa doesn't seem like the kind of player to let the "boo birds" get to him. Im sure that place will be loud everytime he touches the puck though. The "Pronger Treatment" if you will.

To be honest, I don't think that kind of thing works in the home team's favor like it used to. Pronger loves being booed. Both AO and Sidney fed off the visiting crowd hate in the 2nd round. And Hossa already said that kind of thing gives him energy. Maybe the smart thing is to not boo him.

You realize that the poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost isn't applicable at all here, right?

The whole point of the poem is that regardless of choice, both paths are essentially the same, regardless of how the speaker phrases it.

and you do relize that opie...of all people probably doesn't care.=)..just saying.

Actually I know very well what the poem means and the name of it, but thanks @ssf@c3 for assuming I know nothing. My opinion is that:

If the Pens still have Hossa they are a much different team and in his mind at the time he could have been looking at the two as the same option. So it is very possible that when looking at the team he could have seen it as both teams being in the finals and I can learn more from Det, or it is a system I fit better, however you are assuming that he saw Det as the far and away better option. Like he thought it was no competition.

Sh!t a guy takes Freshman English and wants to blast me about what a F*cking Robert Frost poem is.

Hey professor, it was a joke!

And you make me chuckle supporting traitors like that.

Guess you have a Hossa poster in your room, right next to the Benedict Arnold and Jane Fonda ones.

Hey, if he wins, hope you yuk it up right along with him. Enjoy!

You need to change your handle to "DRAMA QUEEN"

Hossa was picked up by the pens at the trade deadline last year, right? RIGHT? You didn't draft him, develop him, or even watch him the entire season last year.....

You do Pittsburgh a disservice by posting such juvenile blather.

Hossa wanted to win a cup, as a hired gun for us, just like he was for you, he did NOT want to play for a Giant ****** of a coach, which I think everyone knows is why he left, everything else aside, Therrien was a whiny f***tard, was Hoss the only one who left?

Hossa made the correct decision, and you know what? he took less money to play for the Wings than he was offered by the PENS.....because any sorry ass team can suck long enough to get a few great players and be a sham of a winning team. Hossa went to a proven, dedicated to winning, championship organization....

Guess what else? our 100th/291st draft picks are OWNING your #1 and 2 and whatever first rounders, our depth guys are outscoring your TOP LINES.....our washed up, old, cheap goalie is on his way to a Conn Smythe, and your 7mil+ spastic beaver looking homo is letting in rebounds off the boards....

and you say Hossa made a bad decision?

There is still time to change your favorite team you know?