• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheGoonSquad0208

Hossa to be re-signed after postseason

Rate this topic

I think we should trade datsyuk too. He's producing even less than Hossa!

If we win the cup and Hossa beyond dissapointing playoffs mean for him to sign a sub 5mil contract, then going an extra game or two that otherwise may have been potentially not needed if hossa was scoring would be worth it.

In fact, even if we don't win the cup, if we sign hossa for long term at sub 5mil, then it's great. If Hossa is a playoff choker then so is Datsyuk and people should be just as mad at him as they are Hossa. Hossa was the pen's best player, he's just having a bad particular playoff run, just like datsyuk.

Edit Actually I almost take back what I said, I thought datsyuk played more games than he has. Hossa has just as many points as datsyuk has in the games they've both played together. My point still stands however.

Edited by Z and D for the C

If we win the cup and Hossa beyond dissapointing playoffs mean for him to sign a sub 5mil contract, then going an extra game or two that otherwise may have been potentially not needed if hossa was scoring would be worth it.

In fact, even if we don't win the cup, if we sign hossa for long term at sub 5mil, then it's great. If Hossa is a playoff choker then so is Datsyuk and people should be just as mad at him as they are Hossa. Hossa was the pen's best player, he's just having a bad particular playoff run, just like datsyuk.

Edit Actually I almost take back what I said, I thought datsyuk played more games than he has. Hossa has just as many points as datsyuk has in the games they've both played together. My point still stands however.

Dats has 2 cups and has produced consistently in the playoffs in the past.

Hossa never has.

he came here to win a cup. Now he has his shot (again) and he's folding.

Hossa just can't finish!

i hope to god he is injured... only that would explain his terrible approach to puck playing these playoffs (minus the 3 game 4's where he showed up)

I would take Fedorov or Kozlov over Hossa anyday

Edited by OsGOD

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

That is a horribly bad comparison. Datsyuk was playing at sub 80% all playoffs, until his injury finally caught up to him, and was still contributing off the scoresheet in every game played, whether it'd be making crisp passes that just weren't finished, great backchecking, or just huge hits we've grown accustomed to.

Pre-Pen's series you could argue Hossa was doing stuff off the scoresheet as well, but I am hardpressed to find one "good" shift out of him in this series. He is invisible out there, no desire, no backchecking, and poor puckcontrol/cycling skills.

I think it would be best to see Hossa walk anyway. And that has nothing to do with his playoff performance in my opinion, I just think it would be best to keep the extra depth, and to ice basically the same team we won the cup with last year, but also giving players like Abdelkader and Leino a chance to proove themselves in a full time roll, and for much cheaper.

Pittsburgh can have him back!

It's funny how many people forget we're only in the playoffs because of Datsyuk and Hossa. Lose Hossa and all of a sudden we're a low seed, if this season was any indication.

Hossa is having a rough playoffs, but can anyone seriously deny he was beyond awesome all season long for us?

It's funny how many people forget we're only in the playoffs because of Datsyuk and Hossa. Lose Hossa and all of a sudden we're a low seed, if this season was any indication.

Hossa is having a rough playoffs, but can anyone seriously deny he was beyond awesome all season long for us?

There is some agreement there.

However this playoff run has shown everyone (I hope) that the cupboard isn't bare behind him.

So maybe the combo of Helm, Leino and Abdelkader won't score 40 total, but they are all ready to step in.

and having that type of cap room freed up would be nice if/when Ozzie really starts to decline at some point.

Oh yeah, BUMP.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80

we would have still been a seed without him... he has been little to no help in the finals which is what matters most. the wings are a shoe in for the post season pretty much (did it without him for several years now)

So maybe the combo of Helm, Leino and Abdelkader won't score 40 total, but they are all ready to step in.

The only way all three of those players would be in the line-up full time next year is if Hossa is re-signed.

Unless they let everyone walk.

Edit: And all three still might not be in the line-up no matter what.

Edited by wingsdiehard13

Dats has 2 cups and has produced consistently in the playoffs in the past.

i do disagree with this... i remember back when Dats was an annual noshow for the big show after April 15th

That is a horribly bad comparison. Datsyuk was playing at sub 80% all playoffs, until his injury finally caught up to him, and was still contributing off the scoresheet in every game played, whether it'd be making crisp passes that just weren't finished, great backchecking, or just huge hits we've grown accustomed to.

What makes you think that Hossa isn't playing at sub 80%?

What makes you think that Hossa isn't playing at sub 80%?

As I stated in another thread, if Hossa doesn't have two broken legs and fails to score a goal in the finals, he is a bum and I don't want him back. His stock is dropping quickly...

Hossa in the Finals = Bum

Hossa during the season = inconsistent, but great

I have far more confidence that Datsyuk will show up in the POs than Hossa. Datsuk has been out for the last 6 games, he can't contribute. Hossa is on the ice and needs to step up his game in Pavel's absence - I'm not seeing it.

Pavel certainly had some bumps in his postseason appearances early on. But he has improved remarkably. This year he wasn't racking up points in the POs true, but he was showing his Selke nomination skills. Hossa is OK defensively but no Selke nominee, and really he is paid the big bucks to net them, and has not been doing do.

There is still time however. It's not too late for Hossa to show his stuff in games 5 and 6 (and 7?) and get er done. We'll see...