• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheGoonSquad0208

Hossa to be re-signed after postseason

Rate this topic

This is what I think the roster will look like next year. And if Sammy or Hudler do not take a home town discount then Leino will be in.

Total is 57.55 million. Cap may go up about $1 mil.

12 forwards, 8 defencemen (with Meech as your 2-way player), 2 goalies.

Hudler, Jiri $1,800,000

Datsyuk, Pavel $6,700,000

Darren Helm $599,444

Cleary, Dan $2,800,000

Zetterberg, Henrik $6,080,000

Holmstrom, Tomas $2,250,000

Draper, Kris $1,583,333

Abdelkader, Justin $740,000

Maltby, Kirk $883,333

Franzen, Johan $3,950,000

Samuelsson, Mikael $1,550,000

Filppula, Val $3,000,000

Lidstrom, Nicklas $7,450,000

Rafalski, Brian $6,000,000

Stuart, Brad $3,750,000

Kronwall, Niklas $3,000,000

Ericsson, J $900,000

Lilja, Andreas $1,250,000

Meech, Derek $483,333

Lebda, Brett $650,000

Osgood, Chris $1,416,667

Howard,Jimmy $716,667

Please tell me that's sarcasm. God, I want that to be sarcasm.

There's a website with Eklund's record (and ripping on him in general), and his record is.. well, it's god-awful. Eklund pisses in the wind and occasionally he hits a passerby, but it usually just ends up on his shoes.

Well said on Eklund. He may get real info from real sources, but not all of them are going to pan out, as there are lots of trades that dont pan out. I wonder too if some of his sources purposefully give the guy false information to deflect attention away from real soon to be trades etc etc. Or maybe Eklund just likes to make up BS for site traffick. Either way he reports so much stuff that doesnt happen.

Remember these Canadians are bad with numbers, they forcasted a 5 billion dollar federal deficit, which turned out to be 50billion. Perhaps someone just doesn't know how to carry the one over there....

Dude, our country is good at balancing its budget and not ripping its people off when compared to the United States which is extremely Corrupt and the most Debt ridden society in the history of the world. It should be noted i have nothing against the people of the USA, but the US gov sucks.

I think Hossa is the wrong fit for the team.

For the amount of money he makes, he simply doesnt add much to the team.

Pretty simple really. Now if he came to the playoffs and scored 10 or 11 goals and played lights out, it may be different.

The fact of the matter, we won the cup without him last year. We can win it this year even though he didnt add much.

Why spend the money? Lets grab a few Dallas drake type players.

w/o Hossa and his 2 game 4's... we would not be in the finals.

I wish people would add the numbers before making a comment. Does anyone know how to add!!!!!

To keep Filppula, Hossa's cap number has to be 3 million.... get real:

This total is 56.7777 million:...

Ironic you chide people for commenting before adding, then you conclude before knowing the cap. Think about it...

This is what I think the roster will look like next year. And if Sammy or Hudler do not take a home town discount then Leino will be in.

etc.......

also, Holland is a genius and if Hossa is signed - I guarantee there are some retirements coming off the books...

I said from day one, if it means losing half our team - DO NOT re-sign him, but you bet your ass if we do, it's because it means he is fitting in WITHOUT blowing the team up...

Also, I love Hudler and do not want to lose him, but he is an RFA and will return 3 picks, so.......

Samulesson is gone regardless... I already mapped out a roster that works with this scenario... and yes, Hossa WOULD be taking a HUGE discount to stay, as he has put up basically Franzen-esque numbers, he get's Franzen-esque pay -

Check it

also, Holland is a genius and if Hossa is signed - I guarantee there are some retirements coming off the books...

I said from day one, if it means losing half our team - DO NOT re-sign him, but you bet your ass if we do, it's because it means he is fitting in WITHOUT blowing the team up...

Exactly. We're not idiots, and we've seen the dangers of committing too much of the cap to too few players through other teams. IF this is true (and I doubt it is), it means something's up, like a mass-retirement of the four-Cup crew. Whatever happens, we'll know soon enough--7/1 is less than a month away.

Hossa not signing deal... yet

Marian Hossa | Red Wings

The reports were all over the internet -- Marian Hossa was signing a seven-year extension with the Red Wings.

"There's no truth to any of that," Wings GM Ken Holland told The Detroit News.

Hossa, who will be a free agent July 1, is currently playing in the Stanley Cup Finals.

What I think some fail to realize when they argue to keep our depth vs. Hossa. Were going to have far too many players for too few spots. Ericsson will be on the team. So you'll have to let go or trade two of Meech, Lebda, Chelios, Lilja. Helm and Leino will be on the team. They both played good soldier along with Ericsson last year down in the AHL when they didn't belong there. Abdelkader will probably be fine with first line duties down there again next year.

We have a full team right now and with Datsyuk, Kopecky, Draper, Lilja injured. People that want to keep our depth. Keep it where? In the pressbox? There's not enough roster spots. We might as well move some pieces so we can keep the best player. Then fill in the holes that get created with players we have coming up. All teams will have to make these same decisions with the cap. It's all you can do. Hulder and sammy can be easily be replace by Helm and Leino. There's no one on the farm that's going to replace Hossa.

Obviously Kenny needs to move some players, maybe even some well known vets to create some cap space. This is the smartest move though, without question. Now that the cap has finally caught up with us, this city can't be the HOF rest home like it was pre lockout. The lockout forced us to get younger, hungrier, better and will continue to do so IMO.

Edited by Pucks

w/o Hossa and his 2 game 4's... we would not be in the finals.

Hossa's 2 goals in game 4 vs. the Ducks were pivotal in that series. So essentially he came through in one crucial game vs. the Ducks and he gets full credit for that.

The Wings beat the BJs and Hawks without the game 4 goals from Hossa, not taking anything away from him, the Wings are just that much better than those two teams.

If Hossa can come through again tomorrow night, he will have fulfilled an important role on this team in the POs. Personally, I just question whether that role is worth 7 mill per season......it's all about the money.

Hossa's 2 goals in game 4 vs. the Ducks were pivotal in that series. So essentially he came through in one crucial game vs. the Ducks and he gets full credit for that.

The Wings beat the BJs and Hawks without the game 4 goals from Hossa, not taking anything away from him, the Wings are just that much better than those two teams.

If Hossa can come through again tomorrow night, he will have fulfilled an important role on this team in the POs. Personally, I just question whether that role is worth 7 mill per season......it's all about the money.

Correct and while the Defense sucked balls half of the regular season there was Hossa and Dats winning games, but everyone forgets that, what have you done for me lately syndrome kicks in. If not for Hossa and dats the Wings could easily have been out of the top 4 in the West putting them without home ice!

But you are right as of this moment back a couple of chosen weeks and games and opponents (chosen by some one trying to prove a point at that) means he isn't worth 7 mil a SEASON( note not just post season, the entire season), but then again you wouldn't be using the season as your criteria you are using the past couple of weeks!

Correct and while the Defense sucked balls half of the regular season there was Hossa and Dats winning games, but everyone forgets that, what have you done for me lately syndrome kicks in. If not for Hossa and dats the Wings could easily have been out of the top 4 in the West putting them without home ice!

But you are right as of this moment back a couple of chosen weeks and games and opponents (chosen by some one trying to prove a point at that) means he isn't worth 7 mil a SEASON( note not just post season, the entire season), but then again you wouldn't be using the season as your criteria you are using the past couple of weeks!

But is he worth 7 mill in cap space?

Considering all the potential pieces we would need to shed to make room

I dont think so.

But is he worth 7 mill in cap space?

Hossa isn't getting a deal that will hit our cap that hard. He's not going to make more than Z or Datsyuk next year. I'm thinking somewhere around 5.5-6.0, but I'm hoping for even less than that.

Hossa isn't getting a deal that will hit our cap that hard. He's not going to make more than Z or Datsyuk next year. I'm thinking somewhere around 5.5-6.0, but I'm hoping for even less than that.

I'll go one further and say that there's NO way Holland re-signs him unless it's a 4.3 or less cap hit per year... gotta remember that the cap is probably gonna go down, if not next year, the year after... and we have to fill out a roster as well...