• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheGoonSquad0208

Hossa to be re-signed after postseason

Rate this topic

also on 97.1 it was said that the cap is going UP $12 million!?!? Does anyone have any kind of confirmation for this? I trust what Mike and Terry say, and if its true then that gives us what, $16-$18 million available? WOW!!!!

12 million ?

That would be great for us but from everything I heard and the way the CBA is structured I don't see how that is possible as I believe the cap is based on league revenue.

also on 97.1 it was said that the cap is going UP $12 million!?!? Does anyone have any kind of confirmation for this? I trust what Mike and Terry say, and if its true then that gives us what, $16-$18 million available? WOW!!!!

That's, what.. (e3), (e4) maybe?

Yes I'm listening to this too. Cannot tell if they were just speculating or they have some source on this? Doesn't sound reasonable that something would leak from the Wings in the middle of the SCF....they need to focus on the games and not have Hossa, or any other unsigned players worried about this right now...

they saw the same SI blurb everyone else did and ran with it...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...ction=si_latest

That is complete bulls***, some moron called in and said that was the case.

Satellite hotstove reported on CBC that the cap is actually going to go down 2 million this year, unless the NHLPA utilizes a ryder in the CBA pushing the cap up a fixed 5% which would be like bumping it up slightly less then 3 million.

The League is hoping that will not happen, because initial reports were that the following year the cap could drop by 5 million. If the cap artifically goes up 3 million when it should drop 2 million, there are worries that the cap might drop close to 10 million the following season.

Remember these Canadians are bad with numbers, they forcasted a 5 billion dollar federal deficit, which turned out to be 50billion. Perhaps someone just doesn't know how to carry the one over there....

Cap may go up, but it will be nominal at best and we will pay for it the following year.

I hate to keep saying this, but if you resign Hossa, you are saying goodbye to at least four players within two years, and you will NOT be able to keep Helm when his contract comes up. Unless Hossa signs for 5 million cap number, I say happy trails. He hasn't been worth 7.4 this year and certainly isn't worth losing all these emerging talents. We have proven the last two years you win with depth, not with stars. A team will always trump a single player in my book, and I believe Holland thinks the same way.

Ask Pittsburgh about it... I think they would rather have Helm, Abby, Hudler, Maltby, and Sammy over Staal or even Crosby right now.

at least we wont ***** if he doesnt stay

+1

He's def. not gunna be labeled a sell out from the Detroit fans.

If he stays i hope we get to keep Huds, I love the way he plays. But if not well "In Ken Holland We Trust"

If he goes it will free up some cap space for some raises for our other guys like Huds, Sammy.

I could tear into your entire post, but instead I'll focus on two main points that I found most ridiculous.

I hate to keep saying this, but if you resign Hossa, you are saying goodbye to at least four players within two years, and you will NOT be able to keep Helm when his contract comes up. Unless Hossa signs for 5 million cap number, I say happy trails. He hasn't been worth 7.4 this year and certainly isn't worth losing all these emerging talents. We have proven the last two years you win with depth, not with stars. A team will always trump a single player in my book, and I believe Holland thinks the same way.

How has Hossa not been worth $7.4 million for one year? He tied for 5th in goals during the regular season. If, according to you, he's not worth $7.4 million, how much is he worth.

Ask Pittsburgh about it... I think they would rather have Helm, Abby, Hudler, Maltby, and Sammy over Staal or even Crosby right now.

This is a joke right? Pittsburgh wouldn't give up Crosby for any other player in the league. Let alone 2 players that spent the regular season playing in the AHL, an undersized forward, or a 35 year old man who is close to the end of his career.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Holmstrom retire this year, though my bet is that he stays for another 2-3 years until his BFF and carpool buddy decides to call it a career. He's been the league's whack-a-forward for a decade now, and his body's not bouncing back from injury like it used to.

Not Hollands style to do this thing during the playoffs so this is most likely false, as it would hurt the moral of players that would not be signed like Hudler, Sammy etc...

More than likely the deal was done before the playoffs, and it's not Holland's style, which is why he will be re-signed after the post-season.

Guest Four

I hope Hossa doesn't resign from waht I've seen these playoffs.

He plays good for two games..

I hope Hossa doesn't resign from waht I've seen these playoffs.

He plays good for two games..

Well, he always has good game 4's. So here's to hoping he scores two on Thursday. What is wrong with this guy. Given his situation I would think he'd be playing his f'ing ass off.

Guest Four
Well, he always has good game 4's. So here's to hoping he scores two on Thursday. What is wrong with this guy. Given his situation I would think he'd be playing his f'ing ass off.

Seems he forgot how to with all the talent surrounding him..

I think a point that's been overlooked by many is how much attention Hossa draws from the other teams defenders. Hossa playing against and wearing out the opposing teams top guys opens scoring chances up for guys like Abdelkader and Helm.

I think a point that's been overlooked by many is how much attention Hossa draws from the other teams defenders. Hossa playing against and wearing out the opposing teams top guys opens scoring chances up for guys like Abdelkader and Helm.

All great players draw attention from defenders.

That's not excuse for his play. In fact, there are no excuses for his play in the playoffs this year.

All great players draw attention from defenders.

That's not excuse for his play. In fact, there are no excuses for his play in the playoffs this year.

Henry Hank wrote:

Is it a surprise? Hossa is taking easy street to the Cup. He's not man enough to make an impact and actually contribute to one.

I'd be careful with stuff like this. All I heard last summer was that Hossa was going to resign in Pittsburgh. Basically it was just the media here trying to get the story first whether they knew it for a fact or not.

The rumor is that the offer was made prior to the playoffs and is just waiting for the playoffs to end before negotiations continue.