• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NEpats1028

Nobody to Blame But Ourselves

Rate this topic

OURSELVES implies you are part of the Detroit Red Wings team. Please identify yourself. The wings sucked it up big time. Slow skating, lazy passes, constant dump ins, not driving the net, sloppy D, way too many turnovers directly resulting in odd man rushes or flat out break aways. The only good thing I saw was Ozzie coming up with a few huge saves on breakaways. THEY need to change something quick, or wake the "F" up and start playing like the actuallly want to win. Especially Hossa. Didn't he come to Detroit to WIN a cup? I realize he plays hard, but so do Crosbitch and Malktard and they are finding ways to contribute. Not giving anything to them, I hate them both, but they are playing more like a team destined to win a cup, not the Wings. Step The F**K up and PLAY WINGS!!!!

You know what f*** this moron PAVEL ******* Dtsyuk, what is the point of him coming back now the team is demoralized tired and f***ed, "trust your legs to Pavel the great" he can't win by himself, he was needed today in game 4 not tomorrow not suturday, i wish him to recover and play well golf.

The hell is wrong with you?

They're missing the reigning Selke winner, and finalist for this year's Hart, Selke, Lady Byng and Pearson trophies. You think that doesn't mess with them a bit? You think missing one of the great shutdown forwards in the game doesn't hurt them?

Are you seriously telling me that he would have chosen to sit if there was a ghost of a chance he could contribute?

Get. OUT. :thumbdown:

Datsyuk"I will play I will do I will ....... "go ******* drink some beer, at least he should of keep quite and not make so much noise with his return. He will get tired like a dog in 20 min, may be will get hit again overall he will be invisible "trust my balls"

Datsyuk"I will play I will do I will ....... "go ******* drink some beer, at least he should of keep quite and not make so much noise with his return. He will get tired like a dog in 20 min, may be will get hit again overall he will be invisible "trust my balls"

What noise was he making? Clearly the all-powerful redwashington2000 knows something I don't, because all I've seen from #13 is "I want to play".

Welcome to the ignore list.

The hell is wrong with you?

They're missing the reigning Selke winner, and finalist for this year's Hart, Selke, Lady Byng and Pearson trophies. You think that doesn't mess with them a bit? You think missing one of the great shutdown forwards in the game doesn't hurt them?

Are you seriously telling me that he would have chosen to sit if there was a ghost of a chance he could contribute?

Get. OUT. :thumbdown:

If he did not play today how better he will be in 2 days??? Dont fool yourself, this s*** lady ******* bing or bong and all hardware a good on the shelves not on the ice, belive me at least 25 to 30 % from both teams are playing with diferent types of inguries. He was suposed to be on the ice even at 50%.

I for one am sick and tired of the "we suck we're done might as well go home now" crap i'm seeing everywhere here. so much so that I think I may just have to turn the computer off until after we win on Saturday night to take back the lead.

None of you actually expected this to be easy, did you? without our best player? I fully expected to lose both of these games, but hoped we could somehow steal one. the beauty is that we don't HAVE to win one there...but they HAVE to win one at the Joe....and I don't see it happening. I called it at the start and i'll say it again - Wings in 7 w/ no road wins. I think we win Sat handily with Pavel back and freeing up the Zetts line to do some damage, and Hossa will release his fury finally. 5-2.

Until then, I think i'll let y'all whine about how the series is over and continue the sandiest ****** competition going on here.

The Wings did one thing wrong tonight: they gave up a shorthanded goal.

The Wings did more than one thing wrong tonight. Our powerplay this series has been as good as Sidney Crosbys beard.

Yup, we gotta give a lot of credit to Pittsburgh, on top of us playing poorly. The very nice tic tac toe of Pittsburgh's 4th goal was a sight to see. (I hated seeing it, but it WAS good)

Let's hope we pick up our game considerably Saturday.

What noise was he making? Clearly the all-powerful redwashington2000 knows something I don't, because all I've seen from #13 is "I want to play".

Welcome to the ignore list.

you are ignoring facts, he will not make a diference it is to late, Pens are in the grove, they will hit Dats any time he has the puck he WIL NOT MAKE ANY DIFERENCE the diference is in the team play don't wait for Dats to score 4 goals next game. He gave a hope to the team saying that he probably will play.

To be honest, I'll start to worry if we drop Game 5. We had how many shots tonight? 40? Against a goalie who can be incredibly flaky, especially on the road. The Wings did one thing wrong tonight: they gave up a shorthanded goal. That gives a team unparalleled momentum, and the Pens rode it to a quick two-goal lead. If that goal doesn't happen, their do the other two.

Datsyuk will be back for Game 5, which will give the team a huge boost. I think the Wings head back to Pittsburgh with a 3-2 series lead. We'll see what happens from there.

One point to improve upon, excluding penalty killing, is to not giving the puck up at the blueline. It led to two goals (maybe three, I turned the game off and didn't see Kennedy's).

This is a highly composed, highly experienced, highly talented team that faced a similar situation against the Ducks and responded well.

Alot were form the outside. You can shoot all day from there.

This is exactly what I feared after watching the first two games. The Wings look tired out there, and it's leading to mistakes. The only reason we aren't out in 4 is because Ozzie stood on his head and Fleury played like crap for 2 games. They aren't winning the battles and are making lazy passes, resulting in too many golden opportunities for the Pens. In the ffensive zone, they have looked disorganized and unable to really get going for more than the occasional short strech of game. Playing 20-30 minutes a night just isn't going to cut it.

I see us dropping game 5 much as these last two, game six will be a toss up as we will have had 2 days of rest going into it. On their home ice, smelling blood, and hungry after last year I don't like our chances. Being worn down by the Ducks and losing Dats is looking like just too big of a hurdle to overcome.

Unless Ozzie puts in a tremendous performance for a couple of games (maybe), or our offense suddenly takes off (unlikely), or the Pens suddenly choke (more unlikely), it's looking to me like the Pens in 6. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we can take it to a winner take all game seven, but I just don't see the wings, as they have played this series, pulling this out. Still a good run (although I feel sorry for Hossa).

Prove me wrong boys.

"Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat."€Malcolm S. Forbes

Its not over yet we still have three more games to be played if needed. We can win just breather, last year the pens won two games.

Edited by KLMc828

As much as i'd love to blame this one on the officiating of the NHL, we simply have to look in the mirror and admit the facts: Pittsburgh won this game by outplaying us and winning the small battles. Say what you want about the Sidney Crosby suckfest going on in Bettman's office, but the Wings just didn't have it tonight. Ozzie was amazing tonight, and the offense just wasn't there, and hasn't been there since Pavel went down.

So besides the obvious (PK, injuries), what can the Wings do to keep up with the Penguins when we go back there for Game 6? They are a whole different team at the Mellon. And lets hope we can find our stuff on Saturday! GO WINGS!

You hit the nail right on the head sir.

Still no panic from me yet. I know our boys can play better at the Joe and Babs can get the match ups he wants. Hopefully Dats will be back on Saturday and that will help get some life back into our D. It also won't hurt to be able to have him to help with Malkin and or Crosby.

All is good no body freak out.

Oh yeah, Crosby still sucks and is a cry baby!!! Sorry i couldn't help myself.

Go Wings!!!!!

This is exactly what I feared after watching the first two games. The Wings look tired out there, and it's leading to mistakes. The only reason we aren't out in 4 is because Ozzie stood on his head and Fleury played like crap for 2 games. They aren't winning the battles and are making lazy passes, resulting in too many golden opportunities for the Pens. In the ffensive zone, they have looked disorganized and unable to really get going for more than the occasional short strech of game. Playing 20-30 minutes a night just isn't going to cut it.

I see us dropping game 5 much as these last two, game six will be a toss up as we will have had 2 days of rest going into it. On their home ice, smelling blood, and hungry after last year I don't like our chances. Being worn down by the Ducks and losing Dats is looking like just too big of a hurdle to overcome.

Unless Ozzie puts in a tremendous performance for a couple of games (maybe), or our offense suddenly takes off (unlikely), or the Pens suddenly choke (more unlikely), it's looking to me like the Pens in 6. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we can take it to a winner take all game seven, but I just don't see the wings, as they have played this series, pulling this out. Still a good run (although I feel sorry for Hossa).

Prove me wrong boys.

LOL, nice read but don't be sorry for Hosman with his play he does not deserve so far to hold even Datsyuk's bottle of beer, forget about the cup.

I need to start watching some bowling or pool may be I can't watch this team any more, two words: OVERPAYED OVERRATED.

"Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat."��Malcolm S. Forbes

Its not over yet we still have three more games to be played if needed. We can win just breather, last year the pens won two games.

AMEN Brother!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually i think this place is way more calm and collected than i have witnessed in the past and expected tonight.

EDIT: Except for Redwashington. That guy's been thrown into a fit of rage rarely seen on the internet.

Edited by pirateasaurus

LOL, nice read but don't be sorry for Hosman with his play he does not deserve so far to hold even Datsyuk's bottle of beer, forget about the cup.

I need to start watching some bowling or pool may be I can't watch this team any more, two words: OVERPAYED OVERRATED.

Heh, I agree about Hossa needing to up his game. But we need to face reality, Hossa is not a #1 "carry the team" player. But how crushing would it be to be on the losing side of the SCF two years running on seperate teams?

But at the same time he isn't the only one that needs to up his game.

We aren't out, but we've dug ourselves a nice little hole.

Honestly Mike Babkok and Lidstrom need to light a fire under the Defense's ass. They were pathetic tonight and they left Osgood out to Hang! Im not gonna beat around the bush, that defense has been playing like crap all year. I dont know how many times they have blown leads this year especially in the third period. Then there was the passing if any existed at all. Im starting to really miss the russian 5 because tonight was just one big cluster f%*!@. They have the experience, depth, and the skill and there is no reason they cant blow the penguins out of these next two games. They better pull it together and get their heads back in this series because tonight was a joke and there is too much talent on this team to let something like tonights atrocity keep them from being the undisputed best in the league

Edited by Colorado'sdiehardwingsfan