• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jroach17

Why did Babcock sit Abby?

Rate this topic

Why would Babcock sit Abdelkader when the Wings were having sucess hitting & grinding in the corners?????? He keeps Leino (while talented) in, but has done little to nothing. Hudler has disappeared, & well, Samuelsson is just horrible, & they all have one thing in common, none of them hit. The Wings need to sit Leino & Samuelsson, play Drapes & Datsyuk for game 5, bring Abdelkader back in.

Oh yea, if Kronwall takes another bad penalty or gives the puck away one more time, I'd sit him too. He has Sucked this series with a capital "S".

Why would Babcock sit Abdelkader when the Wings were having sucess hitting & grinding in the corners?????? He keeps Leino (while talented) in, but has done little to nothing. Hudler has disappeared, & well, Samuelsson is just horrible, & they all have one thing in common, none of them hit. The Wings need to sit Leino & Samuelsson, play Drapes & Datsyuk for game 5, bring Abdelkader back in.

Oh yea, if Kronwall takes another bad penalty or gives the puck away one more time, I'd sit him too. He has Sucked this series with a capital "S".

You cant sit kronwall.... but i agree abby for leino

I like leino too but we are missing both the speed and the physical part of the game right now

You cant sit kronwall.... but i agree abby for leino

I like leino too but we are missing both the speed and the physical part of the game right now

While sitting Kronwall might have been a little bit of an emotional call on my part, I would however give him must less ice time. Pair Lidstrom/Rafalski, Ericsson/Stuart, Lebda/Kronwall, and much less PP time.

Sammy would be done as a Red Wing if it were up to me, which it's not........

Why not sit Huds then. What has he done in recently to get a spot in the roster? If we look only these recent games when thinking who should be in and who should be out, then Abby is in over Leino and Hudler. But Leino is over Huds too. Or if we look at the whole season then Abby is out and Leino and Hudler is in.

Either way, Leino is in...

While sitting Kronwall might have been a little bit of an emotional call on my part, I would however give him must less ice time. Pair Lidstrom/Rafalski, Ericsson/Stuart, Lebda/Kronwall, and much less PP time.

I think that Ericsson has been awful this series as well though. He's looking a lot like 2007 Lilja to me. Turnover after turnover. He's shown that he can be great, but lets not forget he's a rookie. I would even be ok with playing lebda with Stu a bit and upping his minutes. He's been solid all spring.

Why not sit Huds then. What has he done in recently to get a spot in the roster? If we look only these recent games when thinking who should be in and who should be out, then Abby is in over Leino and Hudler. But Leino is over Huds too. Or if we look at the whole season then Abby is out and Leino and Hudler is in.

Either way, Leino is in...

Only thought as to why they keep Hudler in the lineup would be because he does have 10 points in the playoffs so far, & his past success in the playoffs. You are correct, he has not been good either, almost like he has been scratched even though we know he has played.

I can deal with everyone's problems to an extent except Holmstrom's. Every single time he had the puck I winced, as sure enough, he would turn it over with the greatest of awkwardness. Seeing as how the Pens collapse in front of the net, Holmstrom's game is essentially useless at this point. The Wings already have the screen, and guys like Cleary and Franzen and Helm are strong enough to fight for rebounds.

I wish with all my heart right now that Homer sits out the next game.

Once again, one game of Kronwall not being excellent, and the sofa coaches strike again.

You would give Kronwall less ice time?

How many championships have you coached again? :-p

Giving Kronwall less ice time, is absolutely retarded.

Once again, one game of Kronwall not being excellent, and the sofa coaches strike again.

You would give Kronwall less ice time?

How many championships have you coached again? :-p

Giving Kronwall less ice time, is absolutely retarded.

Why is it retarded? Do you have any reasons? In my previous posts, I have recognized its not my call to say who plays & who doesn't. The bottom line is Kronwall has taken bad penalties in multiple games that led to PP goals, & keeps giving the puck away.

Guest Shoreline

I was actually surprised to see posters happy about sitting Abdelkader the other day. A guy who brings energy like that and even finishes with goals is, to me, who needs to be playing, regardless of the argument of who to sit.

I can deal with everyone's problems to an extent except Holmstrom's. Every single time he had the puck I winced, as sure enough, he would turn it over with the greatest of awkwardness. Seeing as how the Pens collapse in front of the net, Holmstrom's game is essentially useless at this point. The Wings already have the screen, and guys like Cleary and Franzen and Helm are strong enough to fight for rebounds.

I wish with all my heart right now that Homer sits out the next game.

THIS! In a perfect world for game 5 we would put Datsyuk in for Homer and no other changes IMO. I hate to say it because I love the guy, but Holmstrom is pretty useless in this series...

Also, how can you say Leino has done nothing? 2 assists and plus 2 thats more than you can say for a lot of wings right now. He is also great at creating scoring opportunities when he has the puck down low. If Datsyuk can't go I say put him on the 2nd line with Hossa and Filpulla. I agree that Kronwall has not played well, but neither has Rafalski or Stuart (despite scoring the goal) all of them had really bad turnovers that led to breakaways.

Not happy about Abs being benched in game 4. Didn't make sense to me. But Mike Babcock is an awesome coach and he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I trust Babcock, not blaming him, just thought everybody could shed some light on some of the reasons why he would make the decision to sit Abby.

To sit someone who is producing makes no sense. To let senority or anything else cloud a decision bugs me. Babcock needs to look a little more clearly at merit and results. If he did, Abby would be playing and Homer might be on the 4th line. These young guys like Helm and Abby show quite clearly hunger, drive and results. It should be rewarded consistently and if it were, it just might wake up others.

I'm pretty sure I heard someone mention that the only reason Abby was benched was the return of Draper to center, and Abs isn't comfortable working in as a winger. Putting him into a different position that he's not accustomed to play in, during this time of the year, is worse than benching him.