• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 5 GDT: Penguins 0 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Been looking forward to tonight since the loss in Game 4. The Joe will be rockin' tonight and our boys will not disappoint. Whether Dats plays or not, no doubt Ozzie will prove why he is our playoff goalie. Will be listening to the game for at least the first period streaming 97.1 online. Let's do it tonight.

Wings win 4 to 2, outshooting the Penguinos 65-30.

GO WINGS

I feel this series is due for an OT game. And those can always go either way.

I'll be nervous as heck today.

Sweden has a must-win against Denmark in the World Cup qualifiers, and almost right afterwards it's this game.. not quite a must-win (I think the Wings can bounce back since they get 2 days rest after this one), but very close. Throw in Soderling's final against Federer at Roland Garros tomorrow and this weekend is sure to take it's toll on my nerves.

I'm going to say 3-3 in regulation.. and Hossa with the GWG?

I'm worried but i predict 2-0 win!!!

Shutout by Ozzie

Bad bad karma.

2 things to look forward to tonight:

- The win

- Crosby crying and looking defeated, with tears running down his goofy face again like last years playoffs.

Gooo Wings!!!!

Only a couple things I ask:

1.) 60 (or more if needed) minutes of quality Red Wing hockey the likes of which we have not seen this year

2.) NO f*cking stupid penalties taken to swing momentum away from the home team

3.) Total composure if the Wings don't get the first goal or find themselves down for any period of time

4.) Urgency, but not panic.

5.) Speed. Force. HITS on the opposition not seen since the Havlat one.

6.) Total defensive clinic.

7.) Accurate, tape to tape passing by the Wings.

I know it's alot to ask, but as my dad always told me, "it can't hurt to ask... what's the worst that they can say, 'no'?"

LETS GO WINGS!!!

And so it has come down to this. Best out of 3. Bettman's prodigy is hoping to claim his first cup in his second go around. Questionable calls on both sides to the point where mainstream sports radio discuss it. The young and energetic Penguins seemingly have learned from their loss to Detroit last year, discovering the toughness it takes to claim the most hard earned trophy in all of sports. Detroit is on their heels, perhaps due to the simple fact that they play longer than anyone ever year. Fatigue is a factor no doubt. Injuries have taken their toll. Pittsburgh is rejuvenaulted and they are starting to believe. Everything seems loaded for Crosby and company...

But hold up. You walk into Joe Louis arena, and look straight up. With so many banners that the ones for division championships hardly matter, you realize that losing is not acceptable in Motown. Detroit wont be taken, not this year. This is our cup and you'll have to rip it from us with everything you have. Crosby you may have your cup someday when your in your mid 30's but not against us, not while Lidstrom is patrolling the blue line.

Wings 3 Pittsburgh 2 Datsyuk GW goal with 2 minutes left.

Refs call it fair!!!!

If they don't, they shouldn't leave Detroit afterwards.

No point in having a city with a reputation of Detroit if you can't use it to your advantage.

Hopefully the Wings can play some solid defence tonight and Pavs coming back will certainly help that cause.

IIn my opinion the winner of this game will win the cup.

I think a Wings win means Wings in 7 and a Pens win means Pens in 6...so that being said...GO WINGS!!!

Current Streaks

Historical Franchise

Overall: 2-game losing streak

Home: 7-game winning streak (2 overtime).

Season Playoffs

Home: 7-game winning streak (2 overtime).

Playoff games vs. Pittsburgh

Historical Franchise

Home: 2-game winning streak.

Series Streaks vs. Pittsburgh

Home: 2-game winning streak.

Record in Game 5

This is the 67th Best-of-Seven Series Game 5. The Club’s record in the previous 66 games:

30W-36L.

This is the 46th Best-of-Seven Series Game 5 Game Five. The Club's record in the previous 45 games:

26W-19L.

This is the 14th Stanley Cup Final Series Game 5. The Club’s record in the previous 13 games:

5W-8L.

This is the 8th Stanley Cup Final Series Game 5 with home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 7 games:

4W-3L.

This is the 2nd Stanley Cup Final Series Game 5. vs. Pittsburgh. The Club’s record in the previous game:

0W-1L.

Record in Game 5 with Series 2-2

This is the 33rd Best-of-Seven Series Game 5 with series 3-1. The Club’s record in the previous 32 games:

16W-16L.

This is the 25th Best-of-Seven Series Game 5 with home-ice advantage with series 2-2. The Club’s record in the previous 24 games:

13W-11l.

This is the 6th Stanley Cup Final Series Game 5 with series 2-2. The Club’s record in the previous 5 games:

2W-3L.

This is the 3rd Stanley Cup Final Series Game 5 with home-ice advantage with series 2-2. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

1W-1L.

This is the 1st Stanley Cup Final Series Game 5 vs. Pittsburgh with series 2-2.

Games on this Date

This is the 3rd playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

2W-0L.

LGW.

At the start of the series it was 0-0 and we had home ice but Ericcson had to take pain killers to play, Nick Sr. was playing hurt and Pav was out.

Now it is 2-2, we have home ice, Pav is playing, Ericcson is recovered and Nick Sr. is probably near 100%. Both teams undoubtedly have bumps and bruises.

I gotta like our chances.

Well we're playing at home and Datsyuk is back. I'll go with the odds and say we win, 4-2.

Pittsburgh has to win at The Joe if they want to win the Stanley Cup, we don't have to win in The Igloo.

I wonder if this will be a Home series?