• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 5 GDT: Penguins 0 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Don't know if it's been mentioned here, but it was stated on the NHL Network pregame coverage that the Wings have had some flu going through the locker room. It's the first I've heard that said.

Let's hope they can push through and be fine.

I think its long overdue that the Wings play hard for 60 Minutes and put the Pens back in their place.. Hopefully Datsyuk comes back at as close to 100% as humanly possible and can be the spark we need.. my prediction:

Red Wings 5 - Kronwall, Zetterberg, Hossa x2 and Hudler

Pens 2 - Staal, Gonchar

GO WINGS GO!!!

NHL TV just "said" on this date in 1995, Vladimir Konstantinov scored the game-winning goal. Don't know who it was against, but it.is.an.omen.

His heart and soul will be with the Wings tonight and hopefully, he's in the back of their minds too.

My fellow Wings fans--Hear me now and believe me later...

I've kept quite quiet as this series has tightened, observing, analyzing and letting history be my guide. Tonight the Wings play in a SERIOUS swing game not in the first or second round, but for the Stanley Cup. The stakes will never be higher in a game 5....EVER. But, because the Wings also put a premium on depth and great play during the regular season, this critical game is played in OUR sanctuary, in OUR home. The Wings didn't tread water for the first 3/4 of the regular season only to get going late and grab a #4 seed. No, they again were true professionals and were in contention for the President's Trophy until the last week and a half of the regular season.

So, as as a reward, a critical game will be played in Joe Louis Arena. Pittsburgh doesn't have a shrine like Joe Louis Arena. They have a dump they can't wait to get out of for a new shiny building. The ghosts of Joe Louis Arena loom large in a game like tonight, it's like the old Yankee Stadium. It has it's own personality and flavor, it has served the Wings well in many many huge games in the past.

It will serve them well again tonight.

As numbers 1, 7, 9, 10, 12, and 19 look down, and 51 other banners hang over OUR ice, in OUR sanctuary, the aura will help immensely.

Joe Louis Arena, where Martin Lapointe drove a shot THROUGH Patrick Roy's glove in game 6 of the 1997 WCF. How often does THAT happen? Joe Louis Arena where Brendan Shanahan taught the current Wings to bank shots in off of netminders. Joe Louis Arena where Sergei Fedorov put in one of the most amazing shots in playoff history, a one handed slap at a puck against Vancouver in 2002. Joe Louis Arena where Steve Yzerman scored one of the greatest goals in NHL history flipping in the air on his side while keeping his stick on the ice and flipping the puck past a PITTSBURGH goalie. Joe Louis Arena, home of the rubber kick plates, the octopus, Vladimir Konstantinov, Slava Kozlov's 3 OT goal vs the Ducks, The Bruise Brothers, Scotty Bowman's duck call, Mo Cheese, Orange Hat Guy, Knitting Lady and YOU and ME.

Sanctuary now!

Strength and Honor

Edited by Jersey Wing

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

I've kept quite quiet as this series has tightened, observing, analyzing and letting history be my guide. Tonight the Wings play in a SERIOUS swing game not in the first or second round, but for the Stanley Cup. The stakes will never be higher in a game 5....EVER. But, because the Wings also put a premium on depth and great play during the regular season, this critical game is played in OUR sanctuary, in OUR home. The Wings didn't tread water for the first 3/4 of the regular season only to get going late and grab a #4 seed. No, they again were true professionals and were in contention for the President's Trophy until the last week and a half of the regular season.

So, as as a reward, a critical game will be played in Joe Louis Arena. Pittsburgh doesn't have a shrine like Joe Louis Arena. They have a dump they can't wait to get out of for a new shiny building. The ghosts of Joe Louis Arena loom large in a game like tonight, it's like the old Yankee Stadium. It has it's own personality and flavor, it has served the Wings well in many many huge games in the past.

As numbers 1, 7, 9, 10, 12, and 19 look down, and 51 other banners hang over OUR ice, in OUR sanctuary, the aura will help immensely.

Joe Louis Arena, where Martin Lapointe drove a shot THROUGH Patrick Roy's glove in game 6 of the 1997 WCF. How often does THAT happen? Joe Louis Arena where Brendan Shanahan taught the current Wings to bank shots in off of netminders. Joe Louis Arena where Sergei Fedorov put in one of the most amazing shots in playoff history, a one handed slap at a puck against Vancouver in 2002. Joe Louis Arena where Steve Yzerman scored one of the greatest goals in NHL history flipping in the air on his side while keeping his stick on the ice and flipping the puck past a PITTSBURGH goalie. Joe Louis Arena, home of the rubber kick plates, the octopus, Vladimir Konstantinov, Slava Kozlov's 3 OT goal vs the Ducks, The Bruise Brothers, Scotty Bowman's duck call, Mo Cheese, Orange Hat Guy, Knitting Lady and YOU and ME.

Sanctuary now!

Strength and Honor

This is the post of the day, far as I'm concerned and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to put it all together in such passionate and historical terms.

And I was "there" for all of the above. :)

Sanctuary now!

Strength and Honor

I got chills reading that. :thumbup:

Strenght and Honor!

This is the post of the day, far as I'm concerned and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to put it all together in such passionate and historical terms.

And I was "there" for all of the above. :)

as was I, and many others here. Excellent post, JerseyWing -- well done! :thumbup:

Wings will prevail. Go, Wings!!! :wub: