• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2

Rate this topic

PHEW!!!!

I'm very grateful that the score is still tied.

Seems as if Helm's line is the only one that sustained pressure in the o-zone.

Alright, hopefully they got their nerves out and now they can just settle down and play.

Hard to believe the Pens played 20 minutes of penalty free hockey, but whatever. Good that we're still tied. Great defense I thought by us, awesome PK. We should get a power play in the 2nd...I'd think...

Guest mindfly

Dunno about this period.. the 1st penalty on Z was BS...other penalty was probably legit

Osgood looks good

Nice to see datsyuk dangle crosby :)

Still waiting for HOSSA to show up...... show us how much you want it please?

Guest Shoreline

I'm not too happy with the way Kronner has been turning the puck over in his own defensive zone. Other than that the boys did a great job of slowing down the Pens momentum and creating chances of their own.

dammit, we are probably gonna have to get used to this tonight guys, bulls*** calls in hopes for a game 7 for the little pens

Yup.

And how was that one time NOT icing? Our D-man skated as hard as he could and the puck made it back there first.

I'm upset about those first two penalties. Z was pushed into MAF. And the other guy was seeking Hudler and than 100% embelished it.

ZETTERBERG IS THE MAN!

OZZIE IS THE MAN!

Go Wings!

very happy to get out of that period tied. the pens threw everything at us and played a really good, aggressive period yet we hung in there and for all their pressure they didn't have that many clear scoring chances.

the dats line has looked real good so far and helm is having another great game. not seen anything from franzen, flip and hossa yet though

I like to think of as they survived the Pens first punch, which we all knew was going to be pretty hard.

Agreed. This is how it usually goes with the Wings. Weather the onslaught, slowly seize control of the play.

We've more or less just seen the best of the Pens.

While miles from a dominant period, I'm actually happy with the effort and it being 0-0. You tell me the Pens will outshoot us 12-3 and have 2 PPs to our 0 and I'd be worried, but seeing as its a scorless game, advantage = Red Wings.

Also Pens can shoot their unscreened far away shots all they want, as long as our team D flushes out any secondary scoring chances they'll do nothing except for maybe get a goal on a lucky bounce.

P.S. Datsyuk + Zetterberg = Far better than anything the Penguins can throw out there.