• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2

Rate this topic

This is exactly what lost the Wings games 3 and 4. We're not playing to win right now; we're playing not to lose. They're letting Pittsburgh come at us, and are content to dump the puck in and go for the change. If I didn't know any better, I'd think the Wings were protecting a 2 or 3 goal lead right now.

Not a bad defensive period, but there are TWO components to winning a hockey game, and they've sucked at the offensive end of things. They better pick it up in the 2nd, and not lose their heads in the process like they did in Game 4.

Outside of a couple sloppy outlet passes in our own zone, I think that the Wings played a pretty solid first 20 minutes. The GI call on Zetterberg was horrible, but the Wings have looked solid on the PK and I think if we get some maintained 5-on-5 time we'll get that sustained pressure in the offensive zone.

Wings are up on the forecheck and forcing turnovers. It's somewhat funny to me in that the litmus test for how the Wings are going to play seems to hinge on if they're willing to ramp up the pressure on the opposition's defense. Penguins will continue (and have after one period) to turn th puck over.

ZDC looks great. Seems like it's just a matter of time before the connect after a trifecta of great chances in the first.

Fleury made a great save on Zetterberg's chance, but it also looked like Zetterberg didn't get it where he wanted (looked like low post, stick side). 3 saves isn't much a good gauge on how he'll be tonight.

Keep it up guys. Get that 5-on-5 pressure and the power plays will come...

Yup.

And how was that one time NOT icing? Our D-man skated as hard as he could and the puck made it back there first.

I'm upset about those first two penalties. Z was pushed into MAF. And the other guy was seeking Hudler and than 100% embelished it.

ZETTERBERG IS THE MAN!

OZZIE IS THE MAN!

Go Wings!

That icing should have been icing. They waived it off as it was crossing the F'n line. GIve me a break. What is up with the linesmen problems in these playoffs? They are missing lots of things.

Anyways, sooner or later Datsyuk is going to make one of those beautiful passes connect. He's been really close today. We probably had more quality scoring chances than actual shots on goal in that period. MAF came up big on Cleary.

The Pens are giving Datsyuk WAY too much time with the puck. Anaheim realized how big a threat Datsyuk was, I'm not sure if the Pens respect him as much...

Kronwall scares the s*** out of me when he's out there. He doesn't seem to be friends with the puck at all.

Pavel looks good, as does Z and Cleary. Want to see more of Hossa and Franzen. We need to stay out of the box, and maybe the refs could give us a PP?

Hopefully the Pens will slow down a bit now, so the Wings can get some offense going. We're a bit lucky to get out of that period 0-0, but on the other hand we had some good chances.

GO WINGS!

The Pens are giving Datsyuk WAY too much time with the puck. Anaheim realized how big a threat Datsyuk was, I'm not sure if the Pens respect him as much...

Shhhhhhhh! :-)

I'm surprised so many people are upset about this period. To echo my own thoughts, this kind of opening is nothing new. We all know the Wings almost always sit back in the first and let the opposition gas themselves. The key has always been doing this and escaping with a tied score, or, ideally, a lead. If they can do that, they usually crank it up in the second.

I'm not too happy with the way Kronner has been turning the puck over in his own defensive zone.

he has been doing it all playoffs long - he has been a long way down from the standard he set last year.

fortunately, his defence partner stuart has played the best hockey of his life.

Coming up, an interview with Ericsson about what its like to play in the finals... just kidding its yet another Crosby interview. And NBC wonders why its ratings are dropping? Maybe if they didn't shove 87 down our throats at every opportunity people might watch more.

Is anyone watching CBC? And did any of you see the 5 minute segment where we got the JOY of watching Crosby tape his stick and an analysis of EVERY MOVE he made while doing it?