• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2

Rate this topic

You guys are set to watch your team play a game that if they win, will bring you the Cup.

Enjoy this game, and never ever take it for granted. This is something I have yet to experience and that I desprately want.

Have fun boys and girls.

Hey, we have the Sharks fan here. I really want to see us to win the Cup tonight and best luck to your Sharks next season too :)

You guys are set to watch your team play a game that if they win, will bring you the Cup.

Enjoy this game, and never ever take it for granted. This is something I have yet to experience and that I desprately want.

Have fun boys and girls.

Oh trust us, we don't. We've had enough playoff heartbreaks over the years to savor each chance we get to be in this moment. Hopefully one day (not anytime soon, though :sly: ) you'll get to be here too.

Thanks and we will.

Thanks, I got a good chuckle out of that!

Believe it or not, although missing the playoffs this year will reduce the ignorant masses that attend games down here in Dallas, there are still enough transplants from Canada and the Northeast down here that cling blindly to the home team.

Thirty minutes to go! Nerves are already overwhelming the wife and 9-month old wearing her Red Wings PJs.....

Awwww....that's cool with the wee one. :)

Guest mindfly

Pittsburgh were practicing 5on3's today at the gameday practice.... it's like they know what's going to happen? :o

Have fun boys and girls.

Thanks for the nice comment! I keep reminding myself to not take it for granted. I suspect your day is not that far away.

Have fun boys and girls.

I'm really glad and grateful you still come to visit and pass on good vibes to us. And you're right. Whatever happens, we are so graced. Like we had something to do with it! Please keep coming back.

Just win tonight, I had a dream of Datsyuk scoring the first goal tonight. Lets win Hossa that cup.

I'm with you. I want them to win for Hossa. But more so than Hossa, I want them to win it for Ozzie. He has taken so much crap this year. When the playoffs rolled around, he was back to his old self. I really hope they can win it for Hossa and get Ozzie the Con Smythe to put into his trophy cabinet.

UK Night Shift reporting for duty :thumbup:

We've not had on OT yet this series......I'm getting that sudden death feeling :ph34r:

@ Electrophile. The juju is good, on the radio before I turned it off was One Of These Days by Pink Floyd. Then I slipped Iron Maiden into the PC, playing now before I turn it off and go to NHL radio is "The Legacy" :)

Let me tell you guys something.

Four years ago, I went to a Pirates game at PNC Park against the Chicago White Sox. Once I bought my ticket, I had a $20 bill left. But when I got to my seat and decided I was hungry, I could not find this bill. So my friend I was with didnÂ’t have enough for me and I could not too much longer without food or I would have died. So we rode the elevator down to the concession stands and one of the ushers who was an elevator operator heard my story.

Now, ushers do not get paid too much I suspect. ItÂ’s more of a retirement job to be around a place that they love- the ballpark. But this usher lent me $20 out of his own pocket. I had never seen this man, but he gave me $20 for food. It was unbelievable. So I got food and enjoyed the game thoroughly and the Pirates ended up winning in the bottom of the ninth inning off a Freddy Sanchez homerun 7-6 to break a 13 game losing streak. Great day. I think I paid the usher back eventually.

Now what does this usher lending me money have to do with the red wings being in the Stanley Cup Finals tonight? Loyalty. The usher showed incredible loyalty to the human race and me by lending me money even though he didnÂ’t know me. That was loyalty. Loyalty means that somebody out there gives a shi t about you and you have to ask yourself every day who you give a shi t about. If you forget who you are loyal to, then you forget yourself.

The red wings are where there are right now because of loyalty. If they were not loyal to themselves, their fans, their coach, and their owners, we would be watching another team right now, but their loyalty has trumped all their opponentsÂ’ loyalty so far. In order for the Red wings to emerge victorious tonight, they will have to be more loyal than the hockey world has ever seen. Our loyalty must carry us through the Red Storm tonight. Never forget loyalty.

Remember, without loyalty, that unwavering desire, that inbred spirit, the will to be great, true greatness can never be fully realized. But thanks be to heaven, every so often, a team emerges from the pits of he ll to become something greater as a whole than any one player could ever be. And that my friends, has been the Detroit Red Wings so far this playoffs and will be the Red Wings tonight. And that my friends, is loyalty.

:thumbup: