• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

How 'bout them Kings?

Rate this topic

I was actually thinking about this earlier today but didn't feel like starting a thread. With LA getting hungry and look to be building themselves up, perhaps Stuart would waive his NTC and we could get Cam Barker from Chicago -- providing that NHLPA deems him a UFA due to Chicago's incompetence / QO issues.

Just a random thought.

yeah Quick and Ersberg are not bad at all! Especially Quick who was just tossed into the fire in LA and was able to not only hold his own, but actually won some games for them. I would give Quick the starting role for the start of the season and see how he does...if it doesnt pan out..then maybe try to get a goalie after that...but atleast give Quick a chance to start a fresh season.

I was actually thinking about this earlier today but didn't feel like starting a thread. With LA getting hungry and look to be building themselves up, perhaps Stuart would waive his NTC and we could get Cam Barker from Chicago -- providing that NHLPA deems him a UFA due to Chicago's incompetence / QO issues.

Just a random thought.

They do have Bernier coming up as well. He'll start to challenge for an NHL job this year or next and will most likely pan out to be a great starter within a few years.

I'm not sold on Quick just yet. I do think he has potential and will get better, but the Kings need someone now, not in a couple years

I disagree. I think the Kings are 2-3 years off from really going on a Cup run. This year will probably see them sniff making the playoffs, if not making them as a later seed. The goaltending isn't an issue for them right now. Their defence is going to get a little more experienced and Bernier has some time to develop a bit.

It was a good move for Lombardi to get Scuderi. And Smyth too. If you ask me, Colorado could've ask for a lot more than what they got. I think that would've been the case if Smyth stayed healthy. Kings have some young guns. How Quick does with some new talent will be interesting.

Jon Quick is a great, young upcomming goalie. You add other young guys like Dustin Brown,

Jack Johnson, Drew Doughty, Oscar Mollar, Wayne Simmonds with veterans like Smyth, Frolov, and Scuderi to the mix and in 2-3 years the Kings become a very scary team to play against.

**Not that it makes a difference in this discussion, but notice how many American players they have on their roster. All of them comming from U.S. Colleges... interesting, isnt it?

Edited by Lidstrom for Norris

Guest mindfly

It will probably be a battle between

East: Boston, Washington, Philly, Pittsburgh

West: San Jose, Detroit, Calgary, Chicago

and a few wild cards, i doubt the kings will even make the playoffs.

Edited by mindfly

It will probably be a battle between

East: Boston, Washington, Philly, Pittsburgh

West: San Jose, Detroit, Calgary, Chicago

and a few wild cards, i doubt the kings will even make the playoffs.

I cant wait for Phillies goon squad to tendorize Cindy and the rest of the Penguins...LOL! I`m dreaming they meet in the playoffs.

They added Lappy and Pronger to an already big and physical team. Yikes.

I'd of loved the Kings to turn it around with Quincey, but they made out fat with Smyth. they dumped Preissing got rid of a Waiver claim and a 5th round pick, for a legit point getter in the league.

I think they probably jumped the gun to soon, They traded Quincey as he is coming into his own as a King, but then there also is that Back Injury he sustatined, but when i saw him, he seemed strong. They also traded Brian Boyle(RFA) for next to nothing to the Rangers, He lit up the AHL and put up 5 points in 8 games for the Kings.

For every step they are taking forward, they are surely taking steps back by doing some of these moves.

Both Bernier and Quick are young goalies with potential and the Taylor kid who was behind Bernier last year has a phenomenal glove hand but needs positioning help!

They have a lot of young goalies which is why it was even funnier to watch Cloutier in Manchester, these young kids were coming from everywhere making great saves, and then he would get a start and look like, well, look like Dan Cloutier!

It was a good move for Lombardi to get Scuderi. And Smyth too. If you ask me, Colorado could've ask for a lot more than what they got. I think that would've been the case if Smyth stayed healthy. Kings have some young guns. How Quick does with some new talent will be interesting.

Au contraire... I think the Avs were fortunate to get that much for the aging Smyth and his $6 250 000 contract for 3 more years....

Edited by T-Ruff

I am always impressed with Kings' fans, and with the young talent they have in that organization, I am frankly amazed they have not turned it around yet.

i think they just need some stability in coaching.

Au contraire... I think the Avs were fortunate to get that much for the aging Smyth and his $6 250 000 contract for 3 more years....

I would say Col won that trade by a long shot, an aging forward who has not had "IT" since leaving Edmonton, for the teams leading scorer on D who has decent potential and a definite offensive upside, and another good defenseman in Preissing if he remains healthy, and a pick.

I would take it if I am Col, I mean sure the King got a veteran presence, but at a decent cost as well. And it is not like he is going to come in and be a setup man for the youngsters, he will be an expensive defensively sound Homer, with a a better shot at the dots.

The Kings have Quick, Ersberg, and Goalie of the Future, Jonathon Bernier. If anything, LA is LOCKED UP in goal.

Now get some DMen since you traded off Quincey.

Just a random thought.

Ya, and in return for Staurt/Hudler we'll take Jack Johnson off their hands!