• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
thedisappearer

Ville Leino signs a 2 year extension

Rate this topic

QUESTION

I thought he was supposed to get a raise under the new CBA. According to LGW he got 875k last year and now on average he will receive 800k a year. Was the 875 supposed to cover a buyout from his team Jokerit or something?

Just about to post the same question?

Yeah I should've said no complaints. I'm ecstatic they got this deal.

I just wonder how they did it. Apparently by letter of the law he was supposed to get a raise.

Where is crossed arms guy when you need him?

Guest E_S_A_D

They got him cheap, but I'd rather have let Leino AND Hudler go for us to have made a serious shot for Chris Neil, before he resigned with the Senators.

You may think I'm crazy... I'm not. We have plenty of goal scorers, we needed a gritty offensively minded forward.

Wings now have 2.53 million free under cap plus whatever they gain from trading Lebda or Meech to sign Hudler and a grinding forward

I think the Wings need to aggressively go after Ben Eager once Chicago's ruled idiots for not filing correctly. He will be available soon.

QUESTION

I thought he was supposed to get a raise under the new CBA. According to LGW he got 875k last year and now on average he will receive 800k a year. Was the 875 supposed to cover a buyout from his team Jokerit or something?

I was just wondeing the same question...$1.6 over 2 is $800,000...wasn't he making $850,000????

Wouldn't he have to get at least $1.8 (which still isn't bad)

That doesn't add up and according to this article on MLive posted at 4:50am.....(long, so only posted a quote)

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/07/re...land_feels.html

..."Ville Leino's agent and I are really close," Holland said about reaching a new deal. "I'm hoping to finish that off early in the week and go to work on Hudler."

So according to this article, he's not signed yet........hmmm?!?!?!

Edited by HudlerFanatic

I was just wondeing the same question...$1.6 over 2 is $800,000...wasn't he making $850,000????

Wouldn't he have to get at least $1.8 (which still isn't bad)

That doesn't add up and according to this article on MLive posted at 4:50am.....(long, so only posted a quote)

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/07/re...land_feels.html

..."Ville Leino's agent and I are really close," Holland said about reaching a new deal. "I'm hoping to finish that off early in the week and go to work on Hudler."

So according to this article, he's not signed yet........hmmm?!?!?!

I'm going with the ESPN article. It was posted a little over an hour ago.

QUESTION

That is my guess. Buyouts aren't technically part of the salary.

Thanks for the topic merge, moderator.

Can anyone confirm this signing? I haven't read this anywhere else besides Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com.

~ Z

Edited by WingsCaptain

I've edited the title for now, as this hasn't been announced formally yet.

Highlighted for emphasis...

The Detroit Red Wings have re-signed forward Ville Leino to a two-year contract, a source said on Monday.

I'm thrilled to have Ville back in the mix. I too was hoping for a little bit longer deal but we'll see what he can do for us these next two years and if he is still in Detroit's plans for the furture. I'm sure he'll get a bigger deal after this contract is up.

Great Job Wings!!

Whatever the final numbers are, I do not think, Leino's camp had much choices: in todays NHL where every million actually counts, nobody did not want to gave away approximately 1 million per year for them unknown product, I guess.

Great deal at only $800,000 a year.

word.

and for all those people saying they would have liked a longer deal - there is no way he would have signed for longer than 2 years at such a low salary. he is earning less than maltby FFS!!

word.

and for all those people saying they would have liked a longer deal - there is no way he would have signed for longer than 2 years at such a low salary. he is earning less than maltby FFS!!

Maltby has 4 rings and is a proven commodity. Just saying.