• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Four

Fleury Re-Retires

Rate this topic

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this is a re-retirement. Pretty sure he never retired before.

You're right Toby. He never retired previously, he was under suspension. I think he made a legitimate attempt to come back and I think the Flames gave him a legitimate shot at it, but ultimately it was a nice way to get him back in the league, allow Flames fans to say a proper goodbye and allow him to retire with some dignity. A nice end to a difficult story.

Guest Four
You're right Toby. He never retired previously, he was under suspension. I think he made a legitimate attempt to come back and I think the Flames gave him a legitimate shot at it, but ultimately it was a nice way to get him back in the league, allow Flames fans to say a proper goodbye and allow him to retire with some dignity. A nice end to a difficult story.

It is too bad he is retiring though, he still has gas left in the tank to play for another team =[

Toronto could deff use him and his veteran leadership.

Perhaps I'm just being a giant homer here, but I have to believe if this was a Red Wing situation, just the way our organization is, we would have signed him ... even if it was to a very small roll where he would play sporadically. After how classy Calgary and Theo were during this whole thing, (as mentioned before) I just thought it would add that additional level to the organization ... obviously something most teams just dont do.

He really looked solid out there, and got 4 points in 4 games or so I think... I don't know, I really wish he would have got the job and by how he played, It looked like he deserved it, but oh well.