• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Mule

[GDT] 9/30 - Red Wings, 6 @ Farjestad BK, 2

Rate this topic

I was jsut about to say that but I was just going to ask when the Howard bashers were coming in here...the swedes skate really pretty on that ice too...they just need to get their passes to work and maybe they can make a game out of it.

He's looked good no doubt, but I am far from confident yet in his ability to be a full time NHL goaltender.

i didnt know he was 17 .. must of just been put on the team ... he doesnt have a last name on his jersey .. wish i could get some back ground on the swede team

They won the Elitserien championship last season, mainly because Gustavsson was their goalie. Now he's on Toronto and we're pounding a 17 year-old kid.

i like how they applause at every stoppage of play

:unsure:

I was thinking it was for every Wings' line change...just like when you hear bands play, you clap for individual solos, but WHO know? And who cares?! What a GREAT experience. And yes, the ice looks huge!

Edited by Vladifan

They won the Elitserien championship last season, mainly because Gustavsson was their goalie. Now he's on Toronto and we're pounding a 17 year-old kid.

Exactly. Their forward corps are outplaying Detroit's, but damn Howard has done alright out there. But Farjestad's goalie is definitely untested. Poor kid.

Guest mindfly

It's actually pretty even 5on5 but when wings got pp it's LIGHTS OUT... Farjestad plays much better than Linkoping did the other day against the blues...

Jonas Gustavsson 2008-2009 Färjestad | Reg. Season 42 1.96 .932 | Playoffs 13 1.03 .961

Wow. He did play out of his mind didn't he.

Guest mindfly
Jonas Gustavsson 2008-2009 Färjestad | Reg. Season 42 1.96 .932 | Playoffs 13 1.03 .961

Wow. He did play out of his mind didn't he.

He had like 5 straight shutouts if i remember correctly, it was mad.

Howard hasn't faced a lot but stopped a couple good chances. Same with the defense. The Wings have been really controlling the puck. Not trying to sound cocky or get ahead of myself, but how did Chicago lose yesterday? Is Zurich really that much better than Farjestad?

f*** yeah Sam Roberts. Do they always play American tunes in Swedish rinks? :P

they play american tunes in just about every rink around the world. they love them some 80s dance tunes in the KHL...

also just wanted to add my sympathies for the swede's goalie...he looks a little starstruck out there.

Howard hasn't faced a lot but stopped a couple good chances. Same with the defense. The Wings have been really controlling the puck. Not trying to sound cocky or get ahead of myself, but how did Chicago lose yesterday? Is Zurich really that much better than Farjestad?

Farjestad was the Swedish champs from 08-09, Zurich was the European champs.

Exactly. Their forward corps are outplaying Detroit's, but damn Howard has done alright out there. But Farjestad's goalie is definitely untested. Poor kid.

It's actually pretty even 5on5 but when wings got pp it's LIGHTS OUT... Farjestad plays much better than Linkoping did the other day against the blues...

Is this the consensus? If so, I must be watching a different game....