• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest E_S_A_D

LGW is Pro-Enforcer: The Results are In.

Rate this topic

Guest E_S_A_D
And I would support May on the team 100% to do his job and f*** s*** up. Including players' faces.

ESAD: Excellent retort.

It required none.

Guest E_S_A_D
On skates or not, Slice would destroy any of your favorite NHL fighters and have enough stamina left over to dance with their girlfriends for the rest of the night.

You just don't like fighting.

LOL. Funniest post of the day, you win. 1/2 of a hockey fight is good balance.

Look up the hockey player Tedstone.

:rolleyes:

Y'know man, you started this thread, with that title, and worded the first post specifically to inspire this kind of heated discussion. If you want to run around the internet picking fights, you're going to have to deal with the enforcers!

Moen, Ott was suspended for eye gouging.

I think that's actually: Ott vs. Moen = draw, Ott 0, Colin Campbell 1.

On skates or not, Slice would destroy any of your favorite NHL fighters and have enough stamina left over to dance with their girlfriends for the rest of the night.

You just don't like fighting.

Slice, Mayweather... whomever...

I'd like to see any of these guys try to stand on skates, let alone skate, and then try to throw punches while on skates.

Ridiculous.

Guest E_S_A_D

I'd like to see any of these guys try to stand on skates, let alone skate, and then try to throw punches while on skates.

Ridiculous.

This.

Truth be told I've only seen Moen play is when the Ducks have played the Wings...That said I seem to recall seeing him play with an edge, knocking Red Wing players on their keesters, and not backing down to anyone.

Speed is a moot point since he won't be on either of the top 2 lines (hell - not like Hudler was a speed demon, and some here think the world of him). Would you rather have Maltby out there, or this guy

Here's my position. If Holland had signed Moen, I'd always defend him against those who would inevitably complain about his dumb penalties and slowness. But since he isn't in Detroit I'm going to defend Ken Holland against many of the "pro-enforcer" crowd who compare their deft fantasy league management to his record of wise acquisitions.

Guest E_S_A_D
Here's my position. If Holland had signed Moen, I'd always defend him against those who would inevitably complain about his dumb penalties and slowness. But since he isn't in Detroit I'm going to defend Ken Holland against many of the "pro-enforcer" crowd who compare their deft fantasy league management to his record of wise acquisitions.

Please realize that Mr. Dellevano is more behind the European talent recruited/ signed than Kenny.... just saying.

Guest E_S_A_D
'E_S_A_D' date='October 4, 2009 - 05:46PM' p[/b]ost='1787853']

Now, doing my part to support LGW and drawing hits to the site, I will sit back with my Martini (Vodka/ Dirty of course) and watch this thread turn into a 10+ page thread.

The anti-enforcers, whom did I mention were outvoted, will try to ignore this thread. Yet, they will be our best customers.

Wow, I sure do love my posts... :rolleyes: My brilliance never ceases to amaze me.

Please realize that Mr. Dellevano is more behind the European talent recruited/ signed than Kenny.... just saying.

I actually think that Ken is moving the team toward a grittier future given the value he has for drafting college kids. If only Landon Ferraro could add 5", 50lbs., and not sacrifice any skating or scoring ability....

Wow, I sure do love my posts... :rolleyes: My brilliance never ceases to amaze me.

Talk about your all-time back-fires.

Did Holland even look into signing Neil?...Would he have taken less to be a Wing?...Is $1.5 million for Williams a better deal than what Neil would've gotten from Holland to play in Detroit (mind you comparing what they both bring to the ice)?

I dunno; with what Holland got over this summer - I just think he could've done better.

I do believe that Holland did look into signing Neil. ...but as I mentioned, I think Neil had his heart set on staying in Ottawa and getting a long term deal. Obviously, the Sens see his value as well 'cuz they re'upped with the guy.

I usually sit out the enforcer threads because I am torn.

I do like fights. I visit hockeyfights.com every day.

I'm not, however convinced that the Detroit Red Wings need a true heavyweight enforcer to police or win games. I don't want a guy who's main role is to go out for 5-10 minutes a game, chirp at a couple guys, and get the gloves dropped.

But I do, certainly, want to see a guy who is willing to drop 'em when things like the aforementioned (and beaten into the ground) Lappy on Lidstrom hit occurs. The Ott on Neids action fits the bill too.

I demand RETRIBUTION! ...but I don't want it at the cost of having a worthless pile of flesh sitting on the bench 95% of the game.

Not quite ten pages, but very very close. Hell, this post might put it at 10. :unsure:

He's less known for his dumb penalties than his penalty killing. But you're right, there is no Moen in Detroit. There can be May, however. Similar player, except May has more foot-speed. He won't kill penalties, but Detroit wouldn't need him to anyway.

I actually think that Ken is moving the team toward a grittier future given the value he has for drafting college kids. If only Landon Ferraro could add 5", 50lbs., and not sacrifice any skating or scoring ability....

Talk about your all-time back-fires.

That's what SHE said. :ph34r:

esteef

He's less known for his dumb penalties than his penalty killing. But you're right, there is no Moen in Detroit. There can be May, however. Similar player, except May has more foot-speed. He won't kill penalties, but Detroit wouldn't need him to anyway.

And if he can sign May to a league minimum, two-way contract, and have him available for call-ups, then May > Moen.

At least Moen provides an element or 2 of the game in which many of us here feel the team needs.

And that was kind of my point. A few board members think they know better than Ken Holland. I disagree with that concept, not the thought of having a fighter.

That's what SHE said. :ph34r:

esteef

Careful, E_S_A_D doesn't like sexual innuendo. At least he didn't like Shoreline's explicit emoticon.

Hey GMR - check out the vid I posted on page 9; fast forward to the 1:05 mark :sly:

That was a slip, so I have to call it a draw.

However, Lilja did have Moen in a potential ankle lock right before that S.O.B. ref came in and saved Moen from possibly becoming the first player to tap out during an NHL fight. So because of the ref, it's hard to rule it a win for Lilja, thus I reluctantly have to call it a draw.

Ridiculous.

So you know for a fact Kimbo Slice can't skate? I'm impressed!

Anyway, who the hell said anything about skating? I'm talking about fighting, not the ballet crap that those mincing weaklings like Godard can do.

ESAD is anti-fight. Game, set and match for me and my brilliance.

Guest micah
Anyway, who the hell said anything about skating? I'm talking about fighting, not the ballet crap that those mincing weaklings like Godard can do.

Stanley Cup Champion Eric Godard = Teddybear.