• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
droz

Chelios signed by Wolves

Rate this topic

I will pay good money to see Cheli play, especially if Manny is in goal!

Is it bad taste to wear a Red Wings jersey that DOESN'T have either names/numbers on the back?

Is it bad taste to wear a Red Wings jersey that DOESN'T have either names/numbers on the back?

No, some people don't have the budget to fork the extra cash for a numbered jersey. I wear a blank one to bars when I watch games just in case something happens I don't ruin a nice jersey.

well, there goes out replacement for McCrimmon, do you think we could coax Larionov to be an assistant?

Good Luck Chris!

It was bad enough enduring Chelios' presence as a player...

Well, at least the Wolves will be able to eat some Cheli's Chili after he opens one around the corner.

Edited by Broken 16

It was bad enough enduring Chelios' presence as a player...

Well, at least the Wolves will be able to eat some Cheli's Chili after he opens one around the corner.

Yeah, it was awful, all those years of having the greatest American born defenseman on this team. Absolutely brutal.

I honestly miss the guy. I wish him well, but I hope he ends up back here in some kind of coaching capacity. I think some of the young D could use an old pro like him. Now I find myself craving a chili dog.

Guest mindfly

If you don't really have a favourite player or is a fanboy then a jersey without numbers&name is the better choice imo

The article on TSN about this, the comments more specifically, was a bash-fest and I for one really don't get it. Obviously at this point he's playing for the love of the game and I say right on, good for him.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=295489

Exactly. He (or anyone else) doesn't owe it to anyone to retire when they think he should, to "preserve his legacy" or some stupid crap like that that only means anything to fans and media. If anything, this enhances his legacy in my mind--how many all-time greats love the game enough to keep playing it in the minors after their NHL days are apparently over? Dude could easily sit back, run Cheli's, be a hockey dad...instead he chooses to ride a bus to places like Rockford, Peoria and Grand Rapids to keep playing.

Already bought tickets behind the visitors' bench for the Wolves @ Lake Erie game 12/13. Best of luck Cheli!