• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/24 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Avalanche 3

Rate this topic

Time to shake the team up somehow. That kind of action usually comes midway through the season for most, but this kind of play doesn't fly in Detroit. If things don't shape up somehow on this trip, Holland needs to look into a trade. That Abdelkader/pick for Frolov didn't sound half bad right about now.

Only that I keep coming back to these threads and wading through the histrionics.

I should know better by now.

The good news is if the Wings don't lead the league this season, a fair amount of those folks will go away.

Well, I'll be here till the very end (which will probably the end of the regular reason) but I think it's time to admit that this team simply isn't good. Everyone is saying Anderson played stellar......come on. Any goalie will look stellar when you send 42 shots into their chest.

I guarantee Lunongo will have his "best" game of 50 or something saves consisting of shot after shot to the belly.

unless your goalie throws a shut out every single game, one goal will not win very many games. This one is not on Howard. Sorry.

With 10 minutes left in the third in a tie game, THAT GOAL CANNOT GO IN.

Thats on Howard. Period.

It feels really weird to see Pittsburgh and Colorado having seasons that the Wings usually have.

I mean, I don't expect the Wings to be #1 every year, but even in off years they're still above average.

This is just...weird. The Wings seem to be doing everything, but nothing is going in.

Even our defense isn't THAT bad anymore. Two goals scored against is about to be expected. I wonder the teams average this season is? 3?

At any rate, I have a weird feeling about this season. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are LOOKING good out there, but they're not producing the way they should be. I know they have points, but something just feels off.

Ever since the end of last season, I don't even think it's a lack of heart anymore. With all the young blood we have we have heart and we fight for the puck. Things just aren't going the Wings' way for some reason..

And that makes me nervous.

Great game by Howard, and a damn good effort by the Red Wings. You can't win them all guys.

I hope the Red Wings play the next game like this one.

To all of you saying the Wings won't make the playoffs... this is not football, we play 82 games for a reason. If you're not satisfied with the effort the Red Wings gave, then stop watching.

Great game by Howard, and a damn good effort by the Red Wings. You can't win them all guys.

I hope the Red Wings play the next game like this one.

To all of you saying the Wings won't make the playoffs... this is not football, we play 82 games for a reason. If you're not satisfied with the effort the Red Wings gave, then stop watching.

They did put forward a good effort. Really most of the games this season they've played well. But they're like cursed or something. No matter what they do, it isn't working. They have fresh blood. We've added players so trading for someone isn't going to make everyone else suddenly start scoring.

Offense really shouldn't be a problem. The Wings (on paper) are still much better than the rest of the league, and if s***ty teams' scoring works, ours should, too.

Some perspective before people call this team the Dead Things.

That era Red Wings made the playoffs once between 1971 and 1983. In the 80s when they really were called the Dead Things, they could barely manage to win 20 games a season, and this is when the Norris division mostly sucked.

This team has not been good so far, but they are far from the Dead Things.

Good things to take from this game: Wings once again outplayed the Avs. They drew lots of penalties. Howard played great, although he got caught out of position on the 2nd goal.

Bad things: Datsyuk and Zetterberg seems to have decided to not score any goals this year. Bertuzzi suffers from severe snakebitteniosis. PP looked kinda sluggish, not enough movement.

Nice to see the pessimists out in force so quickly. Ok the PP wasn't great, but its been ok this year in general. The PK is much improved, and we had double the shots of the team with one of the best records this year. Not as good as 2 years ago, but actually on the whole the team played a hell of a lot better than the 3 games i've seen previously this year. Cleary was very good tonight, Flip looked good except on key draws, Bert was very unlucky not to score, the 4th line crashed and banged to a respectable degree. Agree that there is still a lack of chemistry on some lines, and that Zatta and Dats look out of sorts. Sadly, TH96 is offering very little 5 on 5 at the moment. And obviously our 3rd D pairing is suspect. This team is really missing Franzen (or Hossa last year) just driving to the net with the puck, as we have very few big forwards with real goalscoring ability.

I think the team is starting to gel and is moving in the right direction, but obviously is not as good as the last 2 years. What's more important is that the team seems a little rudderless and lacking in confidence, which need to be addressed quickly. Scoreline tonight really flatters the Avs who were outplayed for the vast majority of the game, but rode their luck, as teams on good runs tend to...

I don't think it's a lack of ability. They've got two star players capable of being top twenty point scorers, several top six forwards, and many more-than-capable role players to fill up the back two lines, not to mention one of the best defense corps on paper. Also, the goaltending really hasn't been the problem thus far.

Sure, we lost Hossa, Sammy, Hudler, Franzen, etc. but our roster was unbelievably stacked last year that, even with a complete lack of motivation at times, we made it to the Stanley Cup Finals. This year we've got to make up for that loss of talent with the attributes that won us the 'Cup two years ago: motivation and hard work.

Now, I hope some optimists can seriously think the Wings are THAT Bad. It is not somewhat they do not put the full effort. If not, there is no responsibility the fans call them as PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS.

This is getting ridiculous. I knew the Wings would be even worse than the last season but not this much. Gotta be super ugly

I can't deal with this ******* stress. I'm angry, have a headache, and I'm incredibly irritable. All because of this ******* hockey I'm watching. This is really annoying. How come Datsyuk and Zetterberg are suddenly unable to score? Why did we once again, have to count on the bottom two lines to score?

Right now the bottom two lines are creating the most scoring chances. That's f***ed up. Datsyuk and Zetterberg can't seem to finish. Filppula's line looks really good but doesn't score. What's going on? Lidstrom's been dominant defensively (although he had three giveaways last game) but hasn't looked even remotely like himself offensively.

Tonight we went up against the hottest goalie in the league and couldn't crack him. 40+ shots and one goal? WTF? That's a herculean effort from the Avalanche goalie, yes, but it's also unacceptable right now because the Wings have been struggling to score for the past few games.

Am I panicing? No. So I swear to ******* god- if Snazzy does his trite panic button posts I'm just going to block him. We're not even 10 games in, yeah, we're just over 10% of the way into the season and we're 3-4-2? Christ. This ridiculousness won't last long-- Holland won't sit ideally by and watch the Wings implode-- we have to maximize the number of playoff runs while Lidstrom is still here. When Lidstrom retires we can expect some lean, lean years, yeah, but right now while he's still around Holland is going to try to maximize the number of shots we have at the cup. There's no sense squandering Lidstrom's remaining years in an extended rebuilding/retooling phase.

On the plus side Bertuzzi had a whale of a night, or at least as much of one you can have when you hit the post every time you shoot. Howard was brilliant. Howard was the best Red Wing on the ice by a long shot. This is a Red Wings team that let Howard down, not the other way around.

f***. So frustrated.

Some perspective before people call this team the Dead Things.

That era Red Wings made the playoffs once between 1971 and 1983. In the 80s when they really were called the Dead Things, they could barely manage to win 20 games a season, and this is when the Norris division mostly sucked.

This team has not been good so far, but they are far from the Dead Things.

Perspective is for *******. The right thing to do is overreact and decry the end of the season. All the cool kids are doing it! You want to be cool, right?