• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/24 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Avalanche 3

Rate this topic

It's official at this point in the season we suck!

i know we had starts like this before but it is what it is at the moment

tonight was not Howard's fault so lets stop with the goaltending bullstitch, this team is talented but unmotivated

GO WINGS!!

:ph34r: The Red Wings are gonna compete with the Maple Leafs for the 1st overall pick in the 2010 draft :ph34r:

Except the Leafs don't have a 1st round pick now.

What's the difference between the Leafs and a guy who's sworn off drinking for eight months?

The guy has a draft to look forward to in the summer.

I don't want to kiss the Wings' asses, but seriously, we should have won 4-1 at least. Bertuzzi was 100% game on tonight, but so was Murphy and his law.

Howard let in a soft goal, again. What is he now, 1-8 in the NHL? Sorry kid, you just don't cut it, and you never will.

Lets hope the Wings rally and smoke Edmonton in a few days. (I really REALLY want to rub it in my Oiler loving Professor's face)

Except the Leafs don't have a 1st round pick now.

What's the difference between the Leafs and a guy who's sworn off drinking for eight months?

The guy has a draft to look forward to in the summer.

Why are the Maple Leafs like a bad bank?

No checking, no savings, and definitely no interest.

Flip - 3

Williams - 2

Maybe Bab's will understand that these guys are 3rd liners and not 2nd liners...

:rolleyes: What a ridiculous post.

So the 1st goal, Rafalski turns it over, goal. Flip/Willy's fault?

2nd goal, unbelievably weak goal. Flip/Willy's fault?

3rd goal, empty netter. Flip's fault?

Staggering post, looking for something or someone to tee off at. :thumbdown:

:rolleyes: What a ridiculous post.

So the 1st goal, Rafalski turns it over, goal. Flip/Willy's fault?

2nd goal, unbelievably weak goal. Flip/Willy's fault?

3rd goal, empty netter. Flip's fault?

Staggering post, looking for something or someone to tee off at. :thumbdown:

You can do better than this - at least I hope...

Not been impressed by those 2 - if you like them, then it's fine with me... did they deserved 19 minutes per game NO!!!

+/- stats are the same for everyone, let's not forget that Lebda was benched after - 3 game... Bab's is ridiculous (your theory)...

You can do better than this - at least I hope...

Not been impressed by those 2 - if you like them, then it's fine with me... did they deserved 19 minutes per game NO!!!

+/- stats are the same for everyone, let's not forget that Lebda was benched after - 3 game... Bab's is ridiculous (your theory)...

No mate, I hope it's YOU that can do better.

You made the point that because Flip was -3 and Williams -2 they are therefore not 2nd liners. How is +/- refelective of whether they are 2nd liners or not? How can Flip be responsible for Rafalski turning the puck over? How can he be resposible for an empty net goal?

I think you'll find Lidstrom was -4 a few years ago! Oh no, not 1st pairing material!!!

No mate, I hope it's YOU that can do better.

You made the point that because Flip was -3 and Williams -2 they are therefore not 2nd liners. How is +/- refelective of whether they are 2nd liners or not? How can Flip be responsible for Rafalski turning the puck over? How can he be resposible for an empty net goal?

I think you'll find Lidstrom was -4 a few years ago! Oh no, not 1st pairing material!!!

:blink:

Who's talking about Lidstrom?

It's been 3 years we are waiting Flip to be top 6 forward (like he's getting paid) guess what - we are going to wait for another 3 years...

Flip and Williams are not 2nd liners... and as I said, Lebda was benched after - 3 game...

Take it easy man - find you a girlfriend... take that frustration out with her, not here... this is forum - you might not have same opinion as me and that's right but you seems so frustrated... take a shower, have a bear... take it easy...

It's been 3 years we are waiting Flip to be top 6 forward (like he's getting paid) guess what - we are going to wait for another 3 years...

Flip and Williams are not 2nd liners... and as I said, Lebda was benched after - 3 game...

Take it easy man - find you a girlfriend... take that frustration out with her, not here... this is forum - you might not have same opinion as me and that's right but you seems so frustrated... take a shower, have a bear... take it easy...

I mentioned Lidstrom because he once had a game where his +/- took a beating. Flip's did last night but it wasn't exactly as though he had a stinker, I think being out there in the last minute in an attempt to tie the game says that he's a 2nd liner in the eyes of the coach.

Tied for 2nd in most goals is Flip, and I bring you this quote from Babcock:

"Anytime we're looking at what our team is doing well, Filppula's line is the one we're always showing clips of."

I'm allowed to take out my frustration on a stupid comment. :thumbup:

not howards fault, but anderson outplayed him 3x.

I agree

I find it interesting that Wing fans are turning on each other while looking for something (or someone) to blame. Yet these "fans" over look the true fact why the Red Wings lost. Anderson was an absolute WALL. He was un-penetrable and could not be broken. He literally stole the game for the Avs. Those are the facts and they are undeniable.

Wings played a complete game with the exception of a few hiccups (Ralfi and Lebda). Personally, I never expected Howard to outplay the hottest goalie in the league last night. Howard was solid and I hope Babcock gives him more starts.

Whether it's Howards "fault" or not doesn't mean jack s*** to me. The Wings can't keep experimenting with giving him a chance. Last year, it might have made the difference between getting 112 points and 106 points. This year, it could mean missing the playoffs. I say Howard gets one more chance to win a game, then Larsson gets 1 or 2. After that, it's free agency or trade. Howard hasn't won a game since 2005. No excuses should be made for the guy anymore, he has to find a way, even if it means not letting 1 in.

The Dead Things were a team that only made the playoffs 2 times in 17 years (this was when all but 5 or 6 teams made the playoffs), and could barely manage 20 wins in a terrible division. Games only became worth watching when they signed Steve Yzerman, and even then many of them were brutally bad.

By comparison, we're 10 games into this season. The previous season, the Wings were in game 7 of the Cup finals, won the cup the year before that, and were in the Conference finals the year before that. Throw in I don't know how many Presidents trophies.

Do you really not see the distinction between over a decade of horrendous play, and 10 games?

just "generalization" old-timer..... relax...

seems to me you are just trying to find a way to blame this on 2 players you dislike. Regardless if Flip went +6 you probably still would hate him and question why he didn't go +7. Flip has been one of if not the best player on the team so far this season.

seems to me you are just trying to find a way to blame this on 2 players you dislike. Regardless if Flip went +6 you probably still would hate him and question why he didn't go +7. Flip has been one of if not the best player on the team so far this season.

Wrong, I don't dislike Flip at all - with Williams is another story... I'm just trying to be honest here...

On Flip as the best player so far, maybe that's the raison WHY this teams sucks so far...

Wrong, I don't dislike Flip at all - with Williams is another story... I'm just trying to be honest here...

On Flip as the best player so far, maybe that's the raison WHY this teams sucks so far...

Than go bash on Datsyuk of whoever is not performing up to your expectations, because Williams is doing just fine so far.

Edited by cjm502

We are technically 3-6.

...wow.

Yeah, they will turn it around. If it takes 2 or 20 games I dont care. As long as we make the playoffs and have our s*** ready im good. The Wings need to knock off their s*** saying we need to be persistent to win. What we need is for Babs to kick the hell out of them at practice until they are afraid to hear the word "lose".

Guest Four

Detroit needs to learn how to cycle again.. They used to be so good and now they're only mediocre