• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VM1138

Sorry, Another Crosby Complaint

Rate this topic

Gah, Crosby gets so much attention. how many threads do we need about Crosby? Does every post have to mention Crosby?

Crosby is just another player. Crosby is a good player, but Crosby is not the only player in the league.

So Crosby made a shot-block? Many players have made shot-blocks, not only Crosby. Good work by Crosby, but nothing special.

People need to stop talking about Crosby so much, so we can hear more about other players than Crosby.

p.s. Crosby crosby crosby, crosby crosby. Crosby, crosby Crosby!?

Guest GordieSid&Ted
No, it wasnt that great. A pylon like McCabe could have done this and many Wings already have. There's already a thread on this btw.

I agree it wasn't that big of a deal.

I disagree however that many Wings would make that sliding save. If it were any of our dmen, they'd have just looked for a stick to tie up in the crease instead of drilling somebody and then the 3rd forward would have tapped it in on the 8th whack at it. ;)

Guest ZetterbergFourty
I agree it wasn't that big of a deal.

I disagree however that many Wings would make that sliding save. If it were any of our dmen, they'd have just looked for a stick to tie up in the crease instead of drilling somebody and then the 3rd forward would have tapped it in on the 8th whack at it. ;)

I swear I've seen Detroit's d-men do this kind of thing before. It's not an impossible feat, and whoever said it happens all the time is right, just not that close to the net.

Trying to find video evidence of Wings blocking pucks like Sid did.

I swear I've seen Detroit's d-men do this kind of thing before. It's not an impossible feat, and whoever said it happens all the time is right, just not that close to the net.

Trying to find video evidence of Wings blocking pucks like Sid did.

you'll not find any. Apparently, it is not a big deal if it's made by someone not named Crosby.

Guest ZetterbergFourty
you'll not find any. Apparently, it is not a big deal if it's made by someone not named Crosby.

Heh, yeah. Still gonna look though.

The irony is that there was more about the play on the NHL site than there actually was on the Penguins site. I think league puts Crosby out there a lot as the visible, safe North American boy for the Billy-Joe Jim-Bobs that normally watch football and might get an interest in hockey if Nascar isn't on. I don't think they are trying to push Crosby on the hockey fans that are already dedicated longtime fans that have a team and players they follow for years on end. I thnk a lot of the exposure was compounded by the fact that Crosby was the first major talent to arrive right after the lockout.

Now it doesn't really bother me if people feel Ovechkin would fit the bill better, everyone has a right to their opinion and I don't get in on the whole AO vs. Sid pissing contest because I'm tired of it. But I disagree in that by no means should the NHL have one "face." I don't believe it should be an "either/or" argument, there's plenty of room for more than one talent in the league. But I do suspect that marketers and sponsors for whatever reason don't really know what to do about European talents at times. I don't know if it's because they have a bias, or if they go by "focus groups", or what. But that is what it seems like to me. There's a balance that needs to be kept in the league when walking the line between gaining new fans, and keeping the old ones happy.

I understand why people get pissed off about it, and on the flip side there are some Pens fans like me that get tired of the whole thing, the backlash, the ensuing pissing matches about it, everything. I just don't bother responding to a lot of it, I don't see the point. Now for me, sometimes it's irritating trying to talk to some non-Penguin friends about hockey (mostly they are fellow East/Atlantic division fans) without them piping up about Crosby from the get-go when I just want to know how their team is doing, who they think will make the playoffs/win the Cup/etc.

I realize I'm "in another person's house" so to speak, on another team's board, so I try to be respectful and selective of what I say, generally try not to post anything unless I can offer something somewhat insightful and something I feel strongly about.

/Just my 2 cents.

/Not wearing a powder blue Mr. Hockey jersey. Promise.

Edited by Free_Candy

The irony is that there was more about the play on the NHL site than there actually was on the Penguins site. I think league puts Crosby out there a lot as the visible, safe North American boy for the Billy-Joe Jim-Bobs that normally watch football and might get an interest in hockey if Nascar isn't on. I don't think they are trying to push Crosby on the hockey fans that are already dedicated longtime fans that have a team and players they follow for years on end. I thnk a lot of the exposure was compounded by the fact that Crosby was the first major talent to arrive right after the lockout.

Now it doesn't really bother me if people feel Ovechkin would fit the bill better, everyone has a right to their opinion and I don't get in on the whole AO vs. Sid pissing contest because I'm tired of it. But I disagree in that by no means should the NHL have one "face." I don't believe it should be an "either/or" argument, there's plenty of room for more than one talent in the league. But I do suspect that marketers and sponsors for whatever reason don't really know what to do about European talents at times. I don't know if it's because they have a bias, or if they go by "focus groups", or what. But that is what it seems like to me. There's a balance that needs to be kept in the league when walking the line between gaining new fans, and keeping the old ones happy.

I understand why people get pissed off about it, and on the flip side there are some Pens fans like me that get tired of the whole thing, the backlash, the ensuing pissing matches about it, everything. I just don't bother responding to a lot of it, I don't see the point. Now for me, sometimes it's irritating trying to talk to some non-Penguin friends about hockey (mostly they are fellow East/Atlantic division fans) without them piping up about Crosby from the get-go when I just want to know how their team is doing, who they think will make the playoffs/win the Cup/etc.

I realize I'm "in another person's house" so to speak, on another team's board, so I try to be respectful and selective of what I say, generally try not to post anything unless I can offer something somewhat insightful and something I feel strongly about.

/Just my 2 cents.

/Not wearing a powder blue Mr. Hockey jersey. Promise.

That powder blue Mr. Hockey jersey was insulting-- something I'm sure even Sid would agree on. No question Sid respects Howe too much to endorse someone trying to steal "Mr. Hockey" from him. That's especially true given that Sid was a Wings fan growing up (the Cole Harbour hockey organization uses the Wings colours and a modified version of the logo for all their teams).

I said growing into a complete player. No where did I say he was one yet, he still has to improve in many areas. And of course he isn't on the ice the most on the PK. Datsyuk is 7th on forward ice time for PK that argument isn't very good.

Also don't bring up the Malkin, he is so inconsitent and makes some of the most basic plays look ridiculously difficult in the defensive zone it's laughable, ask any Penguin fan that actually watches the games.

And I don't hate Ovechkin at all, I was just acting like Crosby haters as I commented on Ovechkin probably not a good idea, but it happens. That said I do think Crosby is a more valuable asset to a team.

I think you misunderstood me because we both agree he isn't complete yet.

Yeah, I thought you were saying he's already there. As far as Datsyuk's forward ice time for the PK goes it's worth noting that the difference between the #1 time and #7 time is miniscule compared to most teams-- the Wings use tons of guys on the PK instead of a few dedicated PK guys. Also note that since he's got two Selke trophies we can give him the benefit of the doubt there. ;)

Guest CaliWingsNut
Go to NHL.com today. You'll have a tough time finding any mention of Crosby on the front page. However, you will find an entire section dedicated towards Steve Yzerman. There are articles about his two-way play and how successful he has been off the ice. Also, you can find highlights from his hall-of-fame career. It's not all about Crosby all of the time, give it a rest.

His goaltending spread is still up there for me... someone must have read your post.

Edit: As one of the three articles just before the fold on my screen.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

eh, he pretty much took that puck in the balls. Which, obviously, takes balls to do.

Wrong, took it where balls would be if he had them. It just deflected off his outer labia. . . if you listen closely, you'll hear him squeal like a *****.

Sorry, but I hate all the press this guy gets.

I'm going to laugh when they run out of gas after this fast start, preferably Round 1 in April.

This just in:

At the pregame dinner before the Penguins-Kings game tonight, Sidney Crosby ate a steak, cooked well-done.

It caused such an uproar for Wings fans and LGWers that he had his steak cooked well-done, as opposed to medium, becuase legends such as Wayne Gretzky whom Crosby is often compared to usually eats steaks medium.

Penguins fans shot back at the Red Wings fans demanding to respect the beauty and art of both a prepared steak that is well-done, as well as Crosby eating the well-done steak.

Media resulted in taking at least 20 photos of Crosby's well-done steak, getting detailed shots of the steak's volume, depth, thickness, and length.

More to come at the 10:30 news report.

-------

And that ends my lame attempt to poke fun at everybody with Crosby attention.

Guest ZetterbergFourty
This just in:

At the pregame dinner before the Penguins-Kings game tonight, Sidney Crosby ate a steak, cooked well-done.

It caused such an uproar for Wings fans and LGWers that he had his steak cooked well-done, as opposed to medium, becuase legends such as Wayne Gretzky whom Crosby is often compared to usually eats steaks medium.

Penguins fans shot back at the Red Wings fans demanding to respect the beauty and art of both a prepared steak that is well-done, as well as Crosby eating the well-done steak.

Media resulted in taking at least 20 photos of Crosby's well-done steak, getting detailed shots of the steak's volume, depth, thickness, and length.

-------

Nah, my thread that got ax'd was better.

Go to NHL.com today. You'll have a tough time finding any mention of Crosby on the front page. However, you will find an entire section dedicated towards Steve Yzerman. There are articles about his two-way play and how successful he has been off the ice. Also, you can find highlights from his hall-of-fame career. It's not all about Crosby all of the time, give it a rest.

You're comparing a player who has never been out of the media since he came into the NHL, to a player whos being inducted into the Hall of Fame being in the media? Yeah, that's the same thing.

...and people who hate reading about it are here reading it and bitching. Irony?

esteef

Not really.

People hate how much attention Crosby gets, so they create threads about him here and obsess over every time he's mentioned.

I was responding to a post by BlueMonk. If you had read my previous post in the thread, you'd see I agree that the overhyping of Crosby is incredibly annoying, but made the distinction that it's not his doing. I'm sick of it, but I don't blame Crosby for it.

Irony would be creating a message about how I think it's weird that people feel the need to sign every post they make.

harold

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest CaliWingsNut
This just in:

-------

Those who enjoy their meats well done deserve to enjoy all that CAFO's can offer. :ph34r:

This just in:

-------

Good grief, Jack. How am I supposed to sleep tonight without knowing his choice of potato?

This just in:

-------

Well done steak? Gross. What a waste of a good cut of meat. Medium-rare is the only way to go.