• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

evilmrt

What to do with Lebda?

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Send him to the lion cage.....

Trade/Waive/Minors anything is better than him being on the wing roster.

I cant belive how much ice time he had in the leafs game tonight.

Few things came to mind 1. someone wanted to see what he could do.

Or Maybe the flu bug has our defence weak still. So he was double shifted.

but really why cant he be the guy with a stinkin injury.

Guest mindfly

How can holland and babcock be so patient with him?? beats me! He's had so many games to prove his worth... he fails all the time.

Few things came to mind 1. someone wanted to see what he could do.

And now hes shown it and it time to get rid of him! I like the idea of just waiving him/sending him down to GR and putting Janik in his place. But that won't likely work for the long run, so....

How can holland and babcock be so patient with him?? beats me! He's had so many games to prove his worth... he fails all the time.

Much like Howard IMO. Consistently now I see Lebda as a guy who can't really do the basic very well and who looks like he's constantly thinking, "OK now I do this....". His drop passes are nowhere near where they're supposed to go. And then this causes his defensive partner to have to do too much on the play.

Meech, Janik, somebody or anybody has to be better than Lebda.

The Wings need to add some depth on defense at or before the trade deadline. A tough, stay-at-home defenseman that will clear the front of the net and kill penalties, similar to Lilja's role with the team. Lebda is a disaster and not even adequate for a third pairing player.

A guy like Quincey sure would be nice around now...

But seriously, the problem with the bottom pairing is that neither is that good at defense. At least Ericsson has some offensive upside and it looks like his defensive game will come around. Neither Meech nor Lebda is the answer on the bottom pair. The Wings need a stay at home defensive guy for the bottom pair. Then, each pair has a nice defensive player (Lidstrom, Stuart, and Unnamed Stay At Home Guy) and has some offensive punch (both Lids/Raf, Kronwall, Ericsson).

You'd think there would be a team that would like some extra speed on the blueline and would give up a pylon-type d-man for him. I'd take the pylon at this point if he could be a crease clearer.

Meech, Janik, somebody or anybody has to be better than Lebda.

The Wings need to add some depth on defense at or before the trade deadline. A tough, stay-at-home defenseman that will clear the front of the net and kill penalties, similar to Lilja's role with the team. Lebda is a disaster and not even adequate for a third pairing player.

I do believe you just described one Doug Janik pretty well there :thumbup: