• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

evilmrt

What to do with Lebda?

Rate this topic

He really doesnt do anything right out there. I say we trade him to someone for a bag of pucks or something of equal value.

Edited by cjm502

Can I ask a serious question please? We all know he is awful, but I haven't seen anything in the press to indicate Babcock or others see him as a problem. For example, Villy got a little sit down and Babcock kind of aird the laundry and told the reporters about wanting more out of him, but I don't see anything close to that regarding Lebda. Is he somehow a favorite or given more slack or does he give good head on the bench or what?

Well he was benched earlier in the season for Meech, but really not much else since. But now it's getting so painfully obvious I don't know what to say. I was really supporting Lebda, because I thought he had a really good year last year, but his recent play is just unbearable.

i just shelled out my 2 cents in the j.will injury thread because the lebda bash spilled out over there.

but here it is again in stereo...make him a forward.

his problem is being the last guy on the ice.

put him in the offensive zone and i bet he will do better. he can use his speed to chase down odd man rushes.

meech paired with stuart.

kron" the warrior king" with ericcson.

lebda/helm/abdelkader with kron and ericcson

that way if anybody gets past lebda...kron can dislocate their evening.

otherwise....change his zip code to north lower michigan.

They aren't saying much and they won't do much because they're in a bind with the cap and the Lilja situation. They can't just whimsically make moves until they figure out if Lilja will be back. They're making progress there. Once Lilja returns, I believe either Meech or Lebda will have to be dealt as was discussed over the summer. They said on multiple occasions that once the lineup was back and healthy, they'd have to move a defenseman. But until then, it doesn't make sense to do so and thus, it doesn't make too much sense to s*** all over these guys in the press either. Lebda's not stupid and don't doubt that Babcock's had some nice "heart to hearts" with him. They're not required to login to LGW and tell us about it.

I know it's tough, and I can't stand the guy either, but getting so worked up and spending time conjuring up all sorts of trade ideas is just a waste of time and energy. It'll get worked out soon enough. Lilja will probably be back and someone will be moved. It very well might not be Lebda though, but rest assured, Lebda won't be playing too much so long as we stay healthy once Lilja returns. And he won't be signed up after this season. I'm sorry it's not more exciting than that, but this is probably how it's going to go. You might as well just get over it.

1. check Lebda's minutes

2. ask from yourself how much he is paid and where he plays

3. ask from yourself is it 3rd liner Dmen job to bail out struggling team

4. check out Zeterberg's , Datsyuk's, Lidström's and Rafalski's minutes

5. figure out their salaries

6. ask from yourself do they get so much money to carry this team on their backs

7. if answer to 6th question is "yes" then it means that they have to "cover up" mistakes of 3rd liners also.

8. if answer to 6th question is "no" then pleas infiorm us why those before mentioned stars get so many minutes and so much money.

Guest mindfly
1. check Lebda's minutes

6. ask from yourself do they get so much money to carry this team on their backs

7. if answer to 6th question is "yes" then it means that they have to "cover up" mistakes of 3rd liners also.

8. if answer to 6th question is "no" then pleas infiorm us why those before mentioned stars get so many minutes and so much money.

He get's $850.000 for being the most patethic brutal piece of s*** on the ice night in night out.. I'd say he's a pretty lucky guy.

Edited by mindfly

I think Lebda has a role on this team. During practices, we can place him somewhere on the ice and instruct players to line up behind him.

Or, we can place him somewhere on the ice and have players turn when they reach where he is standing.

1. check Lebda's minutes

The whole "Lebda makes X" argument is so pathetically ignorant. It implies that a player's ability is solely tied to their salary-- ie, a player making $850,000 cannot possibly be thought of as competant because they only make that much.

Regardless of what he is getting paid, he is s***ting the bed consistently. Nobody is asking him to score like Mike Green or play shutdown defense against the other team's 1st line. All people want is for him to play like a damn 6th defenseman-- and not get torched every.....single.....night.

BTW, your question and answers=dumb. There's my subjective formula to counter yours.

The whole "Lebda makes X" argument is so pathetically ignorant. It implies that a player's ability is solely tied to their salary-- ie, a player making $850,000 cannot possibly be thought of as competant because they only make that much.

Regardless of what he is getting paid, he is s***ting the bed consistently. Nobody is asking him to score like Mike Green or play shutdown defense against the other team's 1st line. All people want is for him to play like a damn 6th defenseman-- and not get torched every.....single.....night.

BTW, your question and answers=dumb. There's my subjective formula to counter yours.

Exactly... the 1st liners shouldn't be covering mistakes made by 3rd liners, anyone's mistakes should be aired. It's their mistakes and they should try to make up for them. And the reason first liners like Dats, Z, Lids and Rafalski make their money is because they're indispensable. Lebda has now, unfortunately for him, become very much dispensable, because he can't even fulfil HIS OWN role.

Last night was by far Lebda's worst game of the season, and that is saying A LOT! Everytime we were hemmed in our own zone unable to clear, who's out there? Lebda and Ericsson. Everytime there is a point vacated and a pass goes sailing out of the zone? Lebda. Every odd man rush, one of either Lebda or Ericsson blows a pinch and the other is left to very poorly handle a 2-on-1.

That pairing is puke and Lebda is the worst of it.

I'd guess nothing will be done, unless they can find some team fool enough to trade for him.

Otherwise he's a UFA at the end of the season. They better not re-sign him.

His cap hit isnt that high, So Chicago might want him, imagine how much better their defense will be with both spin-o-rama and Lebda on it.

whatever positive or negative Lebda brings, its impact can't be noticable in the big picture. It should't be.

MY point is that when 3rd liner has devastating impact on the ice it says that nobody is producting positively. And it is not Lebda's fault that first two lines in O and D fail...

good teams are able to absorb bad plays, or can win games when playing...not well, even badly.

3rd liners shouldn't determine final score either positively or negatively. When it happens constantly it says that first two lines suck.

Edited by hokike

whatever positive or negative Lebda brings, its impact can't be noticable in the big picture. It should't be.

MY point is that when 3rd liner has devastating impact on the ice it says that nobody is producting positively. And it is not Lebda's fault that first two lines in O and D fail...

Your point is incorrect. If your 3rd liner is consistently something the first and second lines MUST overcome in order to win, you need to lose said third liner.

Basically, you are saying that it's not Lebda's fault.....he's on the ice for goals against all the time.....but the top liners should be producing 5-6 goals a game to counteract this. If the top lines doesn't produce, it's their fault. If Lebda doesn't do his job, it's the top line's fault for not covering for him.

Brett Lebda sucks.