• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motown4013

Hossa's Back

Rate this topic

As much as I don't like most Hawks fans, I can't find myself not liking the Hawks. Hossa just adds to that, since I like the guy, and happy he got the deal he got in Chicago (especially since there was no way we could keep him here).

It'll be nice to see Hossa back and skating again.

Been watching hockey for years and I can tell you this is going to be bad news for the Blackhawks. Right now they are just tearin' it up. Even the 3rd and 4th liners are tearin' it up. Why? Chemistry my friends, a very underrated part of the game. Now Add Hossa to the mix, lines will change...chemistry broken. And the way the hawks been playing this year (reminds me of the redwings pre 09-10) with lots of passing, tearing apart defense and making the goalies life a living hell with top quality shots...Hossa will not fit. He didn't fit here, he wont fit there. And if you ask me, he's to far into his career to change his style of play.

The dude is a friggin' puck hog, thinks he can shot and score, with his eyes shut mind you, better than jesus himself. There really isn't any team play in his game. It's:

Get puck> carry puck by myself through 5 people> lose puck> goes to bench...OR

Get puck> carry puck by myself through 5 people> Hey, I made it past them> shoot> realizes the puck didn't go in net> goes to bench

He really does set up well on the rush. He needs a Zets type player so he can join the rush all willy nilly (which is hardly the case since he hogs the puck). But even then, when they set him up, he'll just shoot...not pass.

The above is the main reason why I think Hossa wont do well with the Hawks. Over there they play a team game, Not a one star player game which he's used to playing...even over here in Detroit he played that way. We'll see, though.

As much as I don't like most Hawks fans, I can't find myself not liking the Hawks. Hossa just adds to that, since I like the guy, and happy he got the deal he got in Chicago (especially since there was no way we could keep him here).

It'll be nice to see Hossa back and skating again.

Agreed

Take a deep breath and realize that you're overreacting.

Lol, i know - i don't really care that much. I liked the 2008 Wings better then the 2009 Wings anyways. Hossa's a great addition to any team. Just a little bitter he didn't produce as much as we all would have liked last spring.

But thats water under the bridge.

Haha, so I take it Datsyuk didn't "try" either?

yeah try wasn't the right word.

Produce is what i was looking for. Datsyuk and Hossa both tried, and failed to produce. But i guess that happens to everyone, just tough to swallow when your making 7+ million.

Guest CaliWingsNut
Been watching hockey for years and I can tell you this is going to be bad news for the Blackhawks. Right now they are just tearin' it up. Even the 3rd and 4th liners are tearin' it up. Why? Chemistry my friends, a very underrated part of the game. Now Add Hossa to the mix, lines will change...chemistry broken. And the way the hawks been playing this year (reminds me of the redwings pre 09-10) with lots of passing, tearing apart defense and making the goalies life a living hell with top quality shots...Hossa will not fit. He didn't fit here, he wont fit there. And if you ask me, he's to far into his career to change his style of play.

The dude is a friggin' puck hog, thinks he can shot and score, with his eyes shut mind you, better than jesus himself. There really isn't any team play in his game. It's:

Get puck> carry puck by myself through 5 people> Hey, I made it past them> shoot> realizes the puck didn't go in net> goes to bench

He really does set up well on the rush. He needs a Zets type player so he can join the rush all willy nilly (which is hardly the case since he hogs the puck). But even then, when they set him up, he'll just shoot...not pass.

The above is the main reason why I think Hossa wont do well with the Hawks. Over there they play a team game, Not a one star player game which he's used to playing...even over here in Detroit he played that way. We'll see, though.

Wow. Why do people not realize that lines need to be changed up for a team to be successful? It's not one set of lines that makes a team, it's the ability for the overall team to work together. Injuries occur, opponents try to throw odd combos at you, sometimes players are lazy and suck, and if you think one player change is going to kill that team you need to wake up (Mr multipleyearhockeywatching man). Hossa plays a 2 way game (which I'm sure the Bowman's are promoting in Chi), and I think you underestimate how well he fit Detroit's style of play.

Your also comparing a player's record playing while injured to a now recovered and returning player. There is a big difference with much more upside to your team.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

WEll maybe you have watched hockey, but obviously not enough. That's the dumbest thing I've ever read...and now everyone else here is also dumber for reading that. The scary thing is Hossa could probably score with his eyes closed like you say. He scored 40 goals for DET with a bad shoulder...scary If you think 1 player coming back is going to screw everything up you got problems. Toews came back and nothing got screwed up....players come back to other teams all the time and they don't get messed up..lol. So if the hawks lose with Hossa people will jump and say OH CHEMISTRY!!!!! No its simple laws of averages...The hawks cant win everygame.

Wow. Why do people not realize that lines need to be changed up for a team to be successful? It's not one set of lines that makes a team, it's the ability for the overall team to work together. Injuries occur, opponents try to throw odd combos at you, sometimes players are lazy and suck, and if you think one player change is going to kill that team you need to wake up (Mr multipleyearhockeywatching man). Hossa plays a 2 way game (which I'm sure the Bowman's are promoting in Chi), and I think you underestimate how well he fit Detroit's style of play.

Your also comparing a player's record playing while injured to a now recovered and returning player. There is a big difference with much more upside to your team.

I know lines need changing...when it's warranted, though. Right now Chicago is tearing it up. 7 in a row? They are clickin' atm. Adding a superstar player (and until I see it, is a puck hog who thinks to shoot only, not pass) who plays a selfish game if you ask me (a 2 way game? he was horrible defensivley here in Det, and his previous teams as well) will disturb that.

And as far as the injury statement, I held no ill will towards him for his playoff performance after I found out he was injured. But I'm not basing my opinion off of just 1 play off performance. I'm talking years of watch hockey, and I've seen Hossa play many a times through out his career. He's a shoot first regardless of whos wide open type player, and the way the Hawks are playing I think adding that tye of player will disturb the chemistry they have now.

As far as Bowman goes, he never touched a line until it wasn't performing. All lines are clicking with the hawks...that's all I'm saying. And like I said in my last post...we'll see.

Hossa horrible defensively? Are you mixing him up with somebody else?

Hossa is a consistent 40 goal scorer and one of the best all around players in the league. Sorry he ran over your dog.

WEll maybe you have watched hockey, but obviously not enough. That's the dumbest thing I've ever read...and now everyone else here is also dumber for reading that. The scary thing is Hossa could probably score with his eyes closed like you say. He scored 40 goals for DET with a bad shoulder...scary If you think 1 player coming back is going to screw everything up you got problems. Toews came back and nothing got screwed up....players come back to other teams all the time and they don't get messed up..lol. So if the hawks lose with Hossa people will jump and say OH CHEMISTRY!!!!! No its simple laws of averages...The hawks cant win everygame.

Wow did I wrong you in an other life? I gave an opinion, you're more than welcome to disagree but resorting to personal attacks? If I'm wrong I'll admit it, but I'm not basing this off of when he was in Det, or even the Pens, but his whole career.

And before anybody screams "OMG you don't have to hate him because he left detroit"!!! Not true, Always liked Hossa, just think he's a bit selfish with the puck if you ask me. I wish him the best of luck over there.

EDIT: I guess I've been spoiled when it comes to 2 way players watching red wings my whole life then. But what ever. I wasn't nasty with my posts, just posting an opinion which I guess no one really respects. I guess "agree to disagree" lost its way online at some point. Ran over my dog? Never owned a dog.

Edited by Dynheart