• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NickA

Bertuzzi SUCKS

Rate this topic

He tends to blow the easy play without even a shot on goal. There are a lot of Wings who have been guilty of that over the season but Bert has been the worst. He tries things that Zetterberg and Filppula are making look easy these days and just ends up getting robbed one-on-one, throwing an ill-advised pass that gets picked in traffic, or whiffing an easy one-timer. He was guilty of all three at least twice each against Edmonton.

Players of Bertuzzi's ilk need to realize they aren't superstars anymore and need to do what Drew Miller is doing: just get the damn puck on net and hope for garbage/goalie-gaff.

When he plays the role of big body out front and waits for rebounds, he is the most effective at this point in his career, but he still has good hands down low as well... I just wish he wouldn't try to get so fancy driving the net, or coming into the zone - keep it simple there and get it on net, but down low, behind the net, etc... he should be allowed to use those hands and I could see him here for another 2 years, especially at that cap hit.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

we didnt sign Bertuzi for much so what do you guys expect, if anything Lilja's gonna fk up our chances, good big body but he turns it over to much, ive noticed it a lot in playoff situations.

we shudve went for antropov, but when i said that in the off-season i remembered the idea getting shot down for some reason.

we didnt sign Bertuzi for much so what do you guys expect, if anything Lilja's gonna fk up our chances, good big body but he turns it over to much, ive noticed it a lot in playoff situations.

we shudve went for antropov, but when i said that in the off-season i remembered the idea getting shot down for some reason.

I'm guessing it's because the Wings couldn't have ever afforded him. He's making something like $4 mill.

maybe he means afinigenov?

regarding bertuzzi, i am pretty neutral on him now; and considering i was one of his bigger critics i would say thats pretty good progress. still too often plays go to die once they hit his stick blade. however, this has decreased pretty significantly. i think he has fit pretty well with his linemates recently.

i have been a bit disappointed that he doesn't have a few more goals. i know the instant reaction will be 'what do you expect he only makes 1.5 mil' but with the linemates he has had and the TOI he has gotten this year, i would have hoped for a little more.

however, i think his overall game has improved over last year and early in the season. so thats why i haven't been overly critical the last couple months.

he has scored more this season than the past two seasons

I would have to think this post Olympic stretch is the best he's felt playing hockey in many years. this may be his best year since before Moore.

bert had a 71 point season post-moore incident

I see what you did there...being right and all. And he's actually behind his ppg in Calgary.

I guess the grandma in me likes to think he's found a certain happiness with our beloved team. :rolleyes:

Not sure what Lilja has to do with the topic at hand here...

And Lilja overall has been pretty good since coming back from injury, all things considered. I wander if we're watching the same games...

Guest REDWINGSFTW

You will know soon enough once you see lilja turn the puck over, or be the reason an overtime goal went in, ive watched these games this year, and hes done nothing like that yet. But in the past hes been garbage just a big body.

You will know soon enough once you see lilja turn the puck over, or be the reason an overtime goal went in, ive watched these games this year, and hes done nothing like that yet. But in the past hes been garbage just a big body.

*shrugs* If you say so...

Shouldn't you guys have moved on to a "Cleary SUCKS" thread by now?

FWIW, this thread hasn't really had anyone rail on bertuzzi for a while. it just gets bumped by people supporting bertuzzi and then folks talk about how absurd it is not realizing that most of the posts are 4-5 months old. (though there were some people getting on his case mildly during the 19 game goalless drought)

Early on with the Wings, Lilja made a lot of those boneheaded plays. But he simplified his game and became a pretty solid defensive defenseman. Honestly, every defenseman not named Lidstrom is going to have some bad turnovers, but it looks like he's resumed his level of play at the level pre-concussion. Not the Lillypads from early on with the Wings.

Guest mindfly

Bert is a cancer much like Hossa... the team with those players will never win the cup.

I like bert sometimes but most games he just look flat out ridiculous with his arrogant style, one hand on stick, cute passing that leads to turnovers etc :ranting:

Edited by mindfly

Bert is a cancer much like Hossa... the team with those players will never win the cup.

I like bert sometimes but most games he just look flat out ridiculous with his arrogant style, one hand on stick, cute passing that leads to turnovers etc ranting.gif

Yep 40 goals is a cancer. Give me cancer if it gets me 40 goals in the NHL and to stanley cup game 7.

Guest mindfly

Yep 40 goals is a cancer. Give me cancer if it gets me 40 goals in the NHL and to stanley cup game 7.

Haha hossa fanboy