• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/12 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Predators 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Bert!! Thank you...

The stupid-ass Preds announcers are blathering about Zetterberg with the game winner... it's Bert, you morons. I guess if the jersey has a 4 somewhere on it, it must be Zetterberg.

What an embarrassment. And what a win, even if the announcers don't know who won it.

LOL~

Unlike the Preds announcers... I can see jersey numbers.... they are Idiots

Guest mindfly

Even if the announcers said it was zetterberg can't you see the difference in how they skate, different size etc etc... lol and you call yourself fans? ^_^

Man, I love being right so often...I seriously couldn't be happier for Bert! I want this guy to find his redemption this year. He's been doing everything right. He's been busting his ass and putting in the hard work in practice and he hasn't given up despite so many missed opportunities early on. If you keep working hard when you've got Bertuzzi's skill, size, strength, etc., good things are bound to happen. I really think it's only up from here. There's absolutely no reason why Bertuzzi can't be a big-time force again if he stays healthy. With Clearly going down in addition to everybody else, there's never been a better time for him to get it going. Again, SO HAPPY FOR BERT!!!

If he's able to keep this up, please think extension.

Considering he said he regretted leaving Detroit in the first place, as long as he continues playing at this pace and nets somewhere between 15-20, I think you can bet on it.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Huge win. Kinda wished we could have taken it in regulation in order to not give the Preds that loser point, but who cares. Two straight now.

Ozzie looked solid, made some great stops. Bert, what can you say? I'm not gonna go crazy and say he's gonna score 30 goals, but if he can keep some of the confidence he has now he should atleast be able to be that 20 goal guy we need him to be.

Good game overall by the Wings. If it wasn't for Pekka Rinne this would have been a blowout win.

Considering he said he regretted leaving Detroit in the first place, as long as he continues playing at this pace and nets somewhere between 15-20, I think you can bet on it.

If he can pot 15-20 goals every season he's welcome here until the day he retires as far I'm concerned especially considering how impressive he's been on the defensive side of the puck.

Thank you Bert, where have you been all year?

He's been busting his ass, all year. He's an easy target for many here, but for those who aren't out to rip guys for no reason, it's been pretty clear that Bertuzzi's been doing a lot of things right this year. More than a few of us have actually been predicting this. I made a point of it quite fervently a few weeks ago and of course, AS USUAL, got berated for it. The guy just needed to break through and get excited and confident again because so many other things were starting to line up. He got that goal a week ago or so and I thought that was a great start to get him thinking positively again. After last night, I was really hoping he'd get one tonight because I don't think this is a fluke and the more he can believe it, the better. To get TWO and another game-winning overtime goal...man, it's HUGE!!!

REDEMPTION!!!

Scoring Summary

Red Wings

1) Bertuzzi (7) @ 01:21 2nd Period; Assists from Miller (1) and Osgood (1)

2) Miller (3) @ 11:37 2nd Period; Assist from Datsyuk (16)

3) Bertuzzi (8) @ 00:24 Overtime; Assist from Datsyuk (17)

Predators

1) Jones (1) @ 14:44 2nd Period; Assists from Sullivan (13) and Franson (5)

2) Legwand (6) @ 04:45 3rd Period; Assists from Dumont (15) and Jones (1)

Penalty Summary

Red Wings (4 penalties for 8 minutes)

1) Lidstrom @ 05:41 1st Period, 2 minutes for hooking

2) May @ 08:12 1st Period, 2 minutes for interference

3) Bertuzzi @ 13:01 2nd Period, 2 minutes for slashing

4) Maltby @ 14:15 2nd Period, 2 minutes for interference

Predators (4 penalties for 8 minutes)

1) Weber @ 02:58 1st Period, 2 minutes for cross checking

2) Weber @ 15:13 1st Period, 2 minutes for tripping

3) Weber @ 20:00 2nd Period, 2 minutes for roughing

4) Erat @ 05:27 3rd Period, 2 minutes for hooking

Total: 8 penalties for 16 minutes

Power Plays

Red Wings

5v4: 0-4 for 8 minutes

Total: 0-4 for 8 minutes

Predators

5v4: 1-4 for 07:43 minutes

Total: 1-4 for 07:43 minutes

Final Score

Red Wings: 3

Predators: 2

Final/Overtime

3 Stars (as selected by Nasville Media)

1) DET Bertuzzi

2) NSH Jones

3) DET Miller

Season Record

Red Wings: 16-11-5, 37 points

Predators: 18-11-3, 39 points

I had a feeling when he signed with us that he'd likely retire a Wing. There's no better place for him to redeem himself than Detroit if you ask me. And considering he said he's feeling his healthiest in years and the docs confirmed that he was in good shape, I just had a feeling that he'd be able to get things going this season at some point. And thus, I had/have little doubt that he'll make it too difficult for the Wings to resign him to finish out his career a Wing. We won't want to see him go and I don't think he'll make the same mistake again. He's going to want to finish his career on top and go out with as much reclaimed honor as possible. Again, there's no better place to regain his honor than Detroit.

I'm telling you all right now, this could be a huge, huge, huge story for this team and Bertuzzi in June. I absolutely believe we are a good enough team to go the distance in the playoffs, but it will be tough to win it all. However, a guy like Bertuzzi playing like the star he's still capable of being could very well be the difference that puts us over the top. The Wings know it, but more importantly, Bert knows it. And you better believe he's starting to believe that it's possible now.

And you know he's loving it and cherishing every second of it, so don't expect him to quit working harder and harder anytime soon. It's only up from here...