• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/12 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Predators 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Wow, Bertuzzi scoring 4 goals in two nights, two OT game winners on back to back nights? Something tells me this might be the real deal. If it was only one goal, maybe not, but back to back two goal nights? If Bertuzzi can start scoring again this could be the start of a team-wide scoring wakeup...I hope.

Missed the game, but it's good to see Bert, Datsyuk and Miller all getting 2 points.

He's been busting his ass, all year. He's an easy target for many here, but for those who aren't out to rip guys for no reason, it's been pretty clear that Bertuzzi's been doing a lot of things right this year. More than a few of us have actually been predicting this. I made a point of it quite fervently a few weeks ago and of course, AS USUAL, got berated for it. The guy just needed to break through and get excited and confident again because so many other things were starting to line up. He got that goal a week ago or so and I thought that was a great start to get him thinking positively again. After last night, I was really hoping he'd get one tonight because I don't think this is a fluke and the more he can believe it, the better. To get TWO and another game-winning overtime goal...man, it's HUGE!!!

REDEMPTION!!!

You are 100% correct. For a group that loves making excuses when our goalies GAA is hovering around 4.5 and their constant coddling of players like Leino I am blown away at the flak Bertuzzi has gotten on this board.

He's been consistently one of our top three forwards, and has been creating opportunities all year - the bounces are finally going his way opposed to off the post.

His defensive game is so much better then is was in the past, and this can be attributed to the hard work he is putting in. Babcock and his teamates have commented on how much they like him in the locker room, and how he is always the first one on the ice and last one off.

But still the fact remains a lot of people don't like him - which is unfortunate seeing as though he is a Red Wing now, but what can ya do. I just wish they would say they don't like him instead of ragging on his game - because at 1.5 million a year and a guy playing close to 17:00 minutes a night I would say that is a pretty god damn good bang for your buck.

Oh, and Osgood looked real good tonight stopping 33 shots for something close to a .950 sv.%. You can't place much fault on him for the two goals allowed either. Definitely good for him to get out there after not playing much lately and have a good game. I'm not worried about him down the stretch, but I want both our goalies to feel good and confident going out every night of this regular season. We need it more than ever. Howard's been solid lately and Osgood met him right there coming in cold. That's a real big positive for this club to have two goalies that are going to give you a chance to win every night.

You are 100% correct. For a group that loves making excuses when our goalies GAA is hovering around 4.5 and their constant coddling of players like Leino I am blown away at the flak Bertuzzi has gotten on this board.

He's been consistently one of our top three forwards, and has been creating opportunities all year - the bounces are finally going his way opposed to off the post.

His defensive game is so much better then is was in the past, and this can be attributed to the hard work he is putting in. Babcock and his teamates have commented on how much they like him in the locker room, and how he is always the first one on the ice and last one off.

But still the fact remains a lot of people don't like him - which is unfortunate seeing as though he is a Red Wing now, but what can ya do. I just wish they would say they don't like him instead of ragging on his game - because at 1.5 million a year and a guy playing close to 17:00 minutes a night I would say that is a pretty god damn good bang for your buck.

Bert knows that hoisting the Cup over his head in June after a strong season will do wonders for his legacy. That will keep him working and proving himself and if he helps put us over the top after all he's been through, it's going to be tough for anyone to not give him his due. Redemption is a beautiful thing.

Guest lnvincible

BIG BERT got another 2 goals with the game winner, i can see him scoring more often. This WILL lift his confidence ALOT! :siren:

Oh, and Osgood looked real good tonight stopping 33 shots for something close to a .950 sv.%. You can't place much fault on him for the two goals allowed either. Definitely good for him to get out there after not playing much lately and have a good game. I'm not worried about him down the stretch, but I want both our goalies to feel good and confident going out every night of this regular season. We need it more than ever. Howard's been solid lately and Osgood met him right there coming in cold. That's a real big positive for this club to have two goalies that are going to give you a chance to win every night.

You sure as hell can for the second goal; he was out of position and in an awkward crouch, trying to hug the post and failing.

Not saying that I think Ozzie is crap, BTW. I think he did well. Just saying that you can sure as hell blame Ozzie for that goal.

The encouraging thing on Bertuzzi's OT winner was he looked like the Vancouver Bertuzzi using his sheer size to shield defenders while he made his play. Very nice goal. I loved listening to the Nashville announcers credit Zetterberg with the OT winner for the first minute andf a half after the win.

Maybe, just MAYBE he's regaining some of his old form and confidence.

You sure as hell can for the second goal; he was out of position and in an awkward crouch, trying to hug the post and failing.

Not saying that I think Ozzie is crap, BTW. I think he did well. Just saying that you can sure as hell blame Ozzie for that goal.

I give every goalie one goal that's not the prettiest. But even that said, the play was just awkward. Not saying he couldn't have gotten it, but I certainly wasn't pissed over it. It wasn't horrible by any means.

That play was a whole kind of fluke and "what the hell is going on?"

Just a strange broken up play.

Don't look now fellas, but the Wings are just 4 points back of the Hawks for the division. :shifty:

Amazing how 4 points is the difference between 8th/9th place and 3rd place...

Let's keep it on the dl, but there's a home and home coming up for christmas with em.... 4 points could possibly come out of that.

so i didn't get to watch the game but how were the refs? I'm only asking because when we beat the ducks all the ducks fans were saying is that we paid the refs off....the refs are for the wings ,wings never get called.blah blah..then tonight when the ducks won the refs were fair but called some bad ones on both sides. so how were they towards the wings tonight?

I give every goalie one goal that's not the prettiest. But even that said, the play was just awkward. Not saying he couldn't have gotten it, but I certainly wasn't pissed over it. It wasn't horrible by any means.

Yeah, like I said, I didn't think Ozzie was playing like crap and you give a goalie one every two games or so, but...

If he was in position, he would have had that nine times out of ten.

2nd game in a row in which our opponent's commentators thought it was someone else who scored Bertuzzi's goals.

Can you really blame them? It's Bertuzzi.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Yeah, like I said, I didn't think Ozzie was playing like crap and you give a goalie one every two games or so, but...

If he was in position, he would have had that nine times out of ten.

Can you really blame them? It's Bertuzzi.

Considering he has the most single goal season currently on the Red Wings I really don't see the reason for the lack of faith. When Eaves, Williams, Leino, Filpulla and Cleary combined break 46 please talk to me.

Considering he has the most single goal season currently on the Red Wings I really don't see the reason for the lack of faith. When Eaves, Williams, Leino, Filpulla and Cleary combined break 46 please talk to me.

Uh, English please?

What does 46 have to do with anything?

I will admit it: I was calling the Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi line "Datsyuk and the Anchors" when they were together, but Bertuzzi's obviously been great and Holmstrom had a big goal in the last game. We'll need them to keep scoring with everyone else out.

Just saw the replay of the game.

Great to get two points after blowing that lead, even though Nashville got that one point. The PP continues to look s***ty out there.

Boy we're lucky that Bertuzzi is hot right now, because Pavel and Hank are continuing to suck with their shots.

Overall, a pretty good finish on back to back nights.

Well I'll say this-- Bertuzzi is a man of extremes. When he's hot he's red hot. Right now he's scoring like Franzen does when he's on-- at will. When Bert's cold he can't buy a goal (like the rest of this team this season).

I'm really, really thankful that Bertuzzi is stepping up right now when we need him the most. He deserves tons of credit for delivering the goods. Honestly, if he continues stepping up like this until our scoring comes back I think we'll see Holland re-sign him next year.

Thanks Bert.

Pretty much every single Wing had a great game (except Meech who could've prevented the last goal if he just swept that puck away when he had a chance).

I think these injuries and struggles defensively were the best thing for this team. The Wings are playing the kind of defensive, hard-working game they played in 07-08. Once we get Franzen, Kronwall, Cleary, Filppula, Williams and possibly Lilja back this team will have the firepower to match up against nearly anyone else in the league.

One last note-- Zetterberg really, really needs a few goals. He's in a goal scoring slump right now (although he's still producing offensively and he's playing great hockey). And we all know what happens once Zetterberg gets a goal to end a slump... BOOM he's magically a scoring machine again :)

So he'll be chatting with you in a few months? :lol:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
So he'll be chatting with you in a few months? :lol:

Perhaps I went a bit overboard, but given the injuries, they may not even pull it off this year.

Perhaps when Filpulla, Cleary and Leino break 46.