• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Red Wings 0 at Islanders 6

Rate this topic

It sounds like they spent the night in Detroit.

They showed a clip of Babcock having them skate extra in practice, to get their legs going. He could feel this lack of effort coming, and was unfortunately right.

They spent this night in Rio most likely, since no one showed up.

Even Helm didn't look like his usual energetic self.

They spent this night in Rio most likely, since no one showed up.

Even Helm didn't look like his usual energetic self.

He did until he got hurt. Looked like his leg buckled under him a couple times after that and he slowed down considerably.

What's the lowest +/- rating someone has ever received in a single game? Could it really be much worse than -5?

Turns out Claude Giroux had a -6 performance in just 13 minutes of ice time last week in the Flyers' 7-4 loss to the Senators.

According to the NHL database, the record is -7, and it has been done many times. Don't worry Meech, I know you'll do it some day! Just keep doing what comes natural to you and you'll have the record in no time! :ninja:

Edited by Yzerman191

Wings didn't bring their 'A' game tonight. Oh well, atleast Wings didn't lose to an West team tonight, the sting would have been worse. We'll be okay once he get some guys back. Glad Ericsson is playing Thursday, I really don't want to see either Janik, Meech or Lebdah anymore.

There's so much to complain about with this game, I wouldn't know where to start, so I won't even try. Not to mention it's pretty immature to do so. ;)

I just hope we make some changes on defense before the trade deadline. Of course Kronwall will provide a huge boost when he returns but I don't think Ericsson is big upgrade defensively over Lebda, but he can move the puck better than Meech, Lebda or Janik so he should help. I think the Wings need another solid NHL defenseman, I would love to see the Wings get Kaberle since Lidstrom is nearing the end of his career.

edit:

The way I sometimes look at games like this, and it might seem like I'm being a arrogant fan, but I truly believe it....this WAS the Islanders biggest game of their season, so you can expect them to play their hearts out. It's not an excuse for how the wings s*** the bed, just something to think about and help you guys sleep after witnessing this one.

Edited by b-random

WTF???????????????????????????????????????? HOW is that possible???

J. Abdelkader 11:22 0 0 -2 0 0

T. Bertuzzi 17:48 0 0 -2 2 0

D. Cleary 13:23 0 0 0 0 0

P. Datsyuk 16:06 0 0 -2 0 2

K. Draper 13:13 0 0 -1 1 0

P. Eaves 16:08 0 0 -2 0 0

V. Filppula 17:25 0 0 -2 2 0

D. Helm 15:10 0 0 0 1 0

D. Janik 16:19 0 0 -2 2 2

B. Lebda 17:35 0 0 0 0 0

V. Leino 11:17 0 0 -1 0 0

N. Lidstrom 23:41 0 0 0 1 0

K. Maltby 11:24 0 0 -1 0 2

D. Meech 18:36 0 0 -5 1 0

D. Miller 15:20 0 0 -1 0 0

B. Rafalski 20:47 0 0 0 2 0

B. Stuart 23:14 0 0 -3 1 0

H. Zetterberg 15:18 0 0 -1 3 0

The Canes have only won 5 games on the road this year, so the 2 points are pretty much guaranteed. :thumbup::ph34r:

Not with the inconsistency we've shown this year.

So basically if we lose thurs this team unbelievably sucks and we're this season is doomed! :ph34r::blink:

Fixed.

Not even gonna add the final score on the front page of the GDT. Too depressing.

Well done.

Is 6 points out of 10 possible from a grueling road trip bad? I don't think so. Above .500 with this depleted roster is a miracle, really.

Considering that they played poorly in 3 of those 5 games, and got demolished in what should have been the easiest one of them all, then yes.

Besides, 6 out of 10 isn't good enough right now. To make up ground on the other teams above them, this team will have to go on a tear and not have anymore games like this one.

Considering that they played poorly in 3 of those 5 games, and got demolished in what should have been the easiest one of them all, then yes.

Besides, 6 out of 10 isn't good enough right now. To make up ground on the other teams above them, this team will have to go on a tear and not have anymore games like this one.

We're going to need serious help from a couple Western Conference teams (e.g. them going into a tailspin) to make the post season this year......we're just not putting up the points when it can make the biggest difference for the team.

We're going to need serious help from a couple Western Conference teams (e.g. them going into a tailspin) to make the post season this year......we're just not putting up the points when it can make the biggest difference for the team.

Yeah, that's what I said earlier.

None of those teams is going anywhere but up, except for LA which has lost several consecutive games. This Wings team isn't good enough to string wins together, because its so-called star players aren't good enough to put up solid efforts night after night.

People are blaming it on injuries, but that's only because excuses are the best things to have for losing. No one wants to admit that our stars have sucked badly this season.

Seriously, whatever you have, pass some over here.

You can't handle what I have. It's called optimism, and it's not for the faint of heart. Pessimism is for gutless cowards. Chew on that for awhile.

Okay that sounded more hash than intended, sorry. Now go grow a pair.