• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Red Wings 0 at Islanders 6

Rate this topic

I didn't get a chance to watch the game (I suppose that was a blessing), but after reading the recap, it sounded like one of their worse performances against what the Isles coach said was the Isles best, most complete game of the year. It sounds like they were pumped up to play the Red Wings, regardless of the Wings record.

I have a feeling our rag tag group of guys were looking at the next home game on Thursday vs Carolina. As many people on these boards have said before, the Wings win the tough games and seem to lose the "easier" games. I think Detroit, along with all of the injuries, are just not as mentally tough as they have to be.

Babs, Lids, Dats, Z, Bert = Mentally tough. The others, not so much. It sucks that with so many injuries Babs can't even punish Leino correctly. Every time he tries to bench him for being lazy, another injury pops up (Holmstrom) and he's back in the lineup. Is the message being received by Leino? Maybe not completely. I'm not pinning this season on Leino (or the whipping boy Lebda), but they are a big part of the "not so mentally tough" group.

I would deem this road as a minor success. 6 points out of 10 possible? They manage to beat hot teams like the Sharks, Coyotes and Kings, yet fall to a terrible Anaheim team and a below average Islanders team. Hopefully they can get their s*** together and win 2 of 3 for the rest of the seasons or they are going to be on the bubble for the playoffs and have a very good chance of not making it.

the "crappy ass" islanders only have 4 fewer points than the wings

That is what concerns me...never thought we ever gonna be on the same level as them.

I actually predicted yesterday they would lose the game, however I did not predict it would be such a slaughter. :thumbdown:

fatique? They last played on Saturday. What are you talking about?

I've gotten used to this team disappointing me... so I am trying to find some answer.

Hopefully we will rebound. If we make the playoffs I will be extrmely happy, but all is not lost for me.

Guest mindfly

I question this team's leadership.... it leaves alot to be desired... geeze this loss is embarassing as hell.

We're hurt, they are still beneath us :)

I will do my best to be positive (not saying I will be able too :P ), but one would think that pairing Z and D together should guarantee for some goals...

I've gotten used to this team disappointing me... so I am trying to find some answer.

Hopefully we will rebound. If we make the playoffs I will be extrmely happy, but all is not lost for me.

You sound like a Leaf's fan with that comment. It's been a half a season of bad hockey after nearly two decades of great hockey. Come on.

Things will turn around. If not this year then next.

My buddy(Leaf's fan) is right about us. We have been spoiled. Now we sound like babies.

was at the game, the worst wings game I was ever at.... away building and 6 0 bleh... the only fun part about the game was that my friend told me one of his co workers was going to throw an octopus on the ice, which happened prematurely in the 2nd period instead of the 3rd since wings were sooo awful lol...

can I get a refund lol? paid for expensive seats only to see an embarrassing game like that wings didn't show up to the game...

can I get a refund lol? paid for expensive seats only to see an embarrassing game like that wings didn't show up to the game...

I live in NY and only get to see the Wings so often. Against the Rangers they were terrible and only the Rangers being equally as awful prevented a loss there. This was a terrible loss and there are no excuses for such an abysmal effort regardless of injuries. Seeing it up close was godawful.

That being said this team is too good to play like this for long.

Well lets see here the Wings will make the playoffs with an early exit this reason they are tired they have had one hell of a run since 1995, we all

need to remember that this team has played more games then any other team 1995 until 2009 this had to take its toll on are vets on this team so lets be patient and enjoy

was at the game, the worst wings game I was ever at.... away building and 6 0 bleh... the only fun part about the game was that my friend told me one of his co workers was going to throw an octopus on the ice, which happened prematurely in the 2nd period instead of the 3rd since wings were sooo awful lol...

We did that once in Dallas. And yes, how well I remember that it does indeed suck to lose like that in every sense of the word. I feel bad for ya 'cause we've been there.

I'm of the opinion that the game last night was one of the worst I've seen in a long time. Worst of the season for sure, the fact they could've had LA makes it that much worse. I really hope they don't play like that against Carolina, and I really hope they keep Osbad on the bench, he's obviously out of the loop at this point.

They took the night off it really is as simple as that.

This isn't the Wings of old and as fans we need to realize that. For the DRW to win pretty much any game they have to put in a monumental effort as they are severely outclassed in the talent department. Simply put the kind of effort they need to put in to win just isn't sustainable for 82 games. At certain points guys are just going to take the night off.

You may think the young kids would still play hard but they follow the big boys and it was pretty clear they weren't playing hockey last night.

Its a tough place for Babcock because at a certain point flipping out on them just stops working....it will be interesting to see what happens against the Canes.

Guest mindfly

I have yet to see the 40-goal+-zetterberg and ~100pts datsyuk play to the best of their abilities in the same game, i remember during the 06-07 season they were dominant most of the games it was silly fun to watch now i wouldn't even put them in the "superstar" category, they are just good, nothing more nothing less.... they are supposed to be superstars and own 90% of the teams' 1st lines night in night out, but not anymore...

I can see how Zetterberg after playing til mid june two seasons in a row and til may the year before that wanna go to Bahamas with Miss Andersson in april and just chill, he seem to be that kind of guy these days, gotten that lifetime super contract, closing in on 30 years of age, thinking about family and getting married blabla, sad imo but that's how most people seem to work.

But maybe that's just me being irrational?

Edited by mindfly

I had to DVR the game. Watched it this morning. Man, what a stinker! I haven't see a game this bad since buffalo. The team was not ready to start the game...again. The had absolutely no answer for the forecheck all night long. I can't remember one dangerous attempt on Roloson the whole game. That's terrible.

Anyone thinking goaltending was a problem tonight is wrong. The only goal I thought was soft was the 4th. It didn't make any difference though because we got completely owned all night long. I was actually surprised when we got the puck into their zone on a couple occasions. Awful, just awful. Forget about it and move on.

I have yet to see the 40-goal+-zetterberg and ~100pts datsyuk play to the best of their abilities in the same game, i remember during the 06-07 season they were dominant most of the games it was silly fun to watch now i wouldn't even put them in the "superstar" category, they are just good, nothing more nothing less.... they are supposed to be superstars and own 90% of the teams' 1st lines night in night out, but not anymore...

I can see how Zetterberg after playing til mid june two seasons in a row and til may the year before that wanna go to Bahamas with Miss Andersson in april and just chill, he seem to be that kind of guy these days, gotten that lifetime super contract, closing in on 30 years of age, thinking about family and getting married blabla, sad imo but that's how most people seem to work.

Someone wrote before the season that datsyuk and zetterberg had already peaked and i thought the guy was crazy. Now im not so sure... Datsyuk has look so uninspired this season its crazy. Hell have a few great shifts but sometimes looks like he doesnt give a damn.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

just a little stat here

the wings have played 11 games vs the eastern conference and their record is 5-4-2

dont know if that means anything but still

the east is weak ..sure..but not against the wings

Even elite players have slump/off years. Even the late/great Stevie Yzerman had off years, guess what sport, he bounced back. Imagine if this message forum existed back in 1994/95, this forum would have an epic melt down. Yzerman is known to score 58 to 65 goals, then slump to 36 goals for TWO-YEARS COMBINED. Wow, even the best player in the world had a slump.

The end is coming! The end is coming!

OMG/OMG/OMG - Panic! Panic!

Remember how excited we all were when Zetterberg returned to the lineup?

Honestly, if Leino and him switched numbers out there, I'd never notice the difference with the way Hank has played since his return.

Babcock needs to split him and Datsyuk up, because Zetterberg is ruining the chemistry that was developing with Datsyuk and Bertuzzi.

C'mon... they had an excellent road trip. They beat everyone they needed to beat. Let's not overreact and start worrying about a losing streak just because they flew across the country after a west coast string and lost to an upstart Islanders team. Yes they needed the win, but they surely aren't going to win out.

Excellent road trip?

We played poorly in LA, Anaheim and New York. We played well in Phoenix and San Jose.

Two good games out of five is not excellent, especially when you have to make up points. I feel like they took a few games off in this road trip, and that's unacceptable for a team full of veterans that is trying to make a playoff push.

They should thank Howard for that LA game, or else you wouldn't be using words like "excellent" to describe the road trip. This loss last night put a sting on everything else that happened.

I had to DVR the game. Watched it this morning. Man, what a stinker! I haven't see a game this bad since buffalo. The team was not ready to start the game...again. The had absolutely no answer for the forecheck all night long. I can't remember one dangerous attempt on Roloson the whole game. That's terrible.

Anyone thinking goaltending was a problem tonight is wrong. The only goal I thought was soft was the 4th. It didn't make any difference though because we got completely owned all night long. I was actually surprised when we got the puck into their zone on a couple occasions. Awful, just awful. Forget about it and move on.

Agreed.

Thinking about it this morning, I still can't believe how rattled they looked by a simple forecheck. What an awful game.