• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Red Wings 0 at Islanders 6

Rate this topic

People have a right to be upset about the loss, and to be vocal about being upset. Being vocally upset, and stating why you're so upset isn't considered trolling, even if you don't agree with what that person is saying.

That said folks, be as upset about the loss as you want, but be civil when you're discussing it.

Thanks.

What are you talking about? Everybody sucked. How was goaltending not key? Hardly any of those goals should have gone in. Had Osgood not let any goals in we still would have lost 3-0. Everyone was a part of this lost. Everybody sucked. Every single person.

Osgood is just the most disappointing because he wanted a chance to show Babcock what he's got. And I'm an Ozzie fan.

This was a disgusting loss. No other word for it.

7 times shut out? Embarassing.

Are we overreacting? Maybe, maybe not. This is the same old song and dance all season. The optimists can't pretend it's just injuries or that we'll get better, they've had all season to improve and they haven't really. The pessimists also can't say the season is over.

The one thing this team is is unpredictable and inconsistent. That could get them into the playoffs or it could make them lose.

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing. :lol:

I agree everyone sucked. My point is that the same couple people harp on Ozzy's play tonight, as if he cost the Wings the game. There's a much larger problem looming for this team that could be talked about. Thats my point.

It wasn't Howards fault that the team played bad, Osgood was put in to change the momentum, not punish Howard. And guess what happened? OSBAD LETS IN HORRIBLE GOALS. No wonder he's been benched. Time to send Osgood back down to GR, let's get Larsson up here, Osgood needs his time out again...

Red Wing's are way too loyal, Osbad should of been done 5 years ago.

edit: Osgood showed no urgency at all, I'm not even sure he still wants to be in the NHL...

Umm...#8, I believe....?

Alright my parting thoughts because this GDT is getting viscious fast.

#1 Neither goalie should be judged by what they did tonight with the piss poor effort by the team in front of them tonight.

#2 Anyone who expected Ozzie to come in that cold and turn things around when the team did nothing to play better defensively then they had for the past 30 minutes is crazy.

#3 Zetterberg Datsyuk Lidstrom and Rafalski were a huge let down tonight

#4 where as LIds at least brings defense to the equation Rafalski's 1 goal is unacceptable for a defenseman that is weak on defense and is supposed to make up for it with offense

#5 Not a single player looked decent today. Nobody.

#6 The Islanders play an incredibly boring style of hockey

And with that I am done for the night.

Osgood let in goals that were caused by turnovers and terrible defense. This game was on the entire team. Ozzie didn;t play well but neither did Howard or the 18 players in front of either of them.

And guess what...Larsson is so good they have been playing Pearce in front of him because his GAA went up almost 0.5 in the last few weeks.

SO yeah a goalie that is struggling in the AHL is definitely going to replace a guy that has not even really been struggling in the NHL, has just been outplayed by another guy.

Just ignore him. He obviously knows nothing about the goaltending position. It's probably the most difficult position in professional sports. He thinks a guy who's being out of action for 10 games has to come in and save this cluster f***. The guy just hates on Ozzie when we lose, and sucks his you know what when he wins...May as well vote him for president if he wins another cup.

Alright my parting thoughts because this GDT is getting viscious fast.

#1 Neither goalie should be judged by what they did tonight with the piss poor effort by the team in front of them tonight.

#2 Anyone who expected Ozzie to come in that cold and turn things around when the team did nothing to play better defensively then they had for the past 30 minutes is crazy.

#3 Zetterberg Datsyuk Lidstrom and Rafalski were a huge let down tonight

#4 where as LIds at least brings defense to the equation Rafalski's 1 goal is unacceptable for a defenseman that is weak on defense and is supposed to make up for it with offense

#5 Not a single player looked decent today. Nobody.

#6 The Islanders play an incredibly boring style of hockey

And with that I am done for the night.

Boring?

I don't think scoring 6 goals is very boring. Their fans sure didn't sound bored after this effort.

Everything else you said was right, though.

Sorry, I'm not happy when my team's so-called "veteran Stanley Cup champion" looks like a 6 year old in an important NHL game. He showed no urgency, he let in awful goals, and I'm not happy.

You're also an obsessed, attention-grabbing, name-calling, inch-deep fan of the Detroit Red Wings. At this point in the proceedings and at this point in this thread, you have the credibility of a kumquat.

Boring?

I don't think scoring 6 goals is very boring. Their fans sure didn't sound bored after this effort.

Everything else you said was right, though.

For an Isles fan it would not be boring...no.

But they played the trap like its their business, which to me is pretty boring.

If it werent for the WIngs coughing up any puck on their sticks it would have just been trap trap trap.

Will somebody explain something please. Did Babcock just say that the Wings got into NYC at 7:00 AM this morning??? Why??? It isn't like they played last night. Did they go back to Detroit, or did they travel direct from California? Why would they wait until the last moment to fly into NY?

I see that Babcock is going to reward their effort tonight by giving them tomorrow off!

We would of been better off pulling Osgood and playing 6 on 5 the rest of the game.

Cujo needs to unretire so we can get rid of Osgood.

Brilliant repartee, huh, guys? But of course this is a serious suggestion and nowhere near baiting.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

You're also an obsessed, attention-grabbing, name-calling, inch-deep fan of the Detroit Red Wings. At this point in the proceedings and at this point in this thread, you have the credibility of a kumquat.

It's a tantrum. It's best to just let him cry for a while. Eventually he'll get all tuckered out and fall asleep. ;)

I'm not attacking you...

I'm just disappointed because I know we need Osgood down the stretch and he just looked out of it. I wasn't expecting a miracle win out of him, but those goals were horrible. How many five hole goals does a goalie need to let in before he fixes it? Obviously I'm exaggerating with most of my complaints, but Osgood is a key to this team and he needs to find a way to get himself back in games and this was not a step in the right direction.

Will somebody explain something please. Did Babcock just say that the Wings got into NYC at 7:00 AM this morning??? Why??? It isn't like they played last night. Did they go back to Detroit, or did they travel direct from California? Why would they wait until the last moment to fly into NY?

I see that Babcock is going to reward their effort tonight by giving them tomorrow off!

It sounds like they spent the night in Detroit.

They showed a clip of Babcock having them skate extra in practice, to get their legs going. He could feel this lack of effort coming, and was unfortunately right.

Oh wow ... everyone mailed it in tonight.

The team must be exhausted or burned out after the West Coast trip.

Press reset button and get 2 from Carolina.

The Canes have only won 5 games on the road this year, so the 2 points are pretty much guaranteed. :thumbup::ph34r:

People have a right to be upset about the loss, and to be vocal about being upset. Being vocally upset, and stating why you're so upset isn't considered trolling, even if you don't agree with what that person is saying.

That said folks, be as upset about the loss as you want, but be civil when you're discussing it.

Thanks.

Thanks, Jedi. But I don't agree about this specific poster. His commentary is persistant and obsessive about one player. But since this is still a democracy (republic? whatever!...), I'll abide by your decision. But thank god for the ignore feature. :-)

Geez, watching these highlights, one would think Bruno Gervais is the second coming of Paul Coffey.

Hell, I thought Ricky Gervais was playing. Ratz....Might have helped our cause if he had been.

...Naw....