• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

esteef

Eaves vs. Versteeg

Rate this topic

Drinking early tonight? Hahah.

Great fight and great passion from both players. We should sign Versteeg this coming summer :)

The booze got the best of that post thats for sure but I hope my point got across in it even if it was a tough read.

I love these types of fights in hockey. They are so much fun to watch and add such a great old time feel to the game. To me guys like this fighting is one of the things that helps to seperate hockey from any of the other major pro sports.

Guest Lidstromboli

i'm going to text holland in a minute and tell him to sign eaves to an extension

I love these types of fights in hockey. They are so much fun to watch and add such a great old time feel to the game. To me guys like this fighting is one of the things that helps to seperate hockey from any of the other major pro sports.

This is definitely the type of fight that's good hockey. I want the two guys squaring off to be players that get paid to play hockey, not goons patrolling the rink for other goons.

This is definitely the type of fight that's good hockey. I want the two guys squaring off to be players that get paid to play hockey, not goons patrolling the rink for other goons.

I prefer seeing the big untalented goons square off.

I miss the days of untalented thugs like Twist and Odjick squaring off in pugilistic combat. Now these middleweight fighters seem to have taken over the league.

It's not gonna be $500k and $1.5 mil next year though..

It will be interesting to see what they make next year. Eaves could double his salary and still be cheap. Not to mention he still should have buyout money coming his way the next couple years.

Bert's comments this year make one believe he may be less willing to chase a higher paycheck this offseason. He seems to believe he never should have left and "fits" in Detroit. Whether that is BS fed to the media, who knows. At this point, I am not sure how many other teams are going to be willing to dish out the big bucks for Big Bert. Money being equal, I think he will stay should Kenny want him back.

Guest Lidstromboli

i don't see why bert would get much of a raise if he was re-signed

he's putting up the points that were expected of him at his current salary

Great fight!!

I don't know if you guys saw this, but on the Wings website, there is an article on Eaves with a few quotes. I thought this was hilarious.

The fight was evenly matched, but Versteeg managed to leave a welt on Eaves’ face.

“He got me early on, it just kind of stunned me for a second,†Eaves said. “But you know, I don’t really feel it. I think it’s a little mouse, just another nick in the Picasso.â€

The one nice thing about these injuries is the chance to see Eaves, Miller and Helm get more ice. While these guys are not scorers its clear that they bring what is expected of them and in some cases more. It will be interesting to see what Babcock does with the line-up once we get some forwards back. For instance, who sits when Williams comes back? And no fair saying Leino, since he's already splitting time with May.

The one nice thing about these injuries is the chance to see Eaves, Miller and Helm get more ice. While these guys are not scorers its clear that they bring what is expected of them and in some cases more. It will be interesting to see what Babcock does with the line-up once we get some forwards back. For instance, who sits when Williams comes back? And no fair saying Leino, since he's already splitting time with May.

Eaves is showing that he can be a very valuable 4th line player who kills penalties. I would hope that Miller would sit when Williams is back. Will Abdelkader get sent down when Homer or Mule get back?

Eaves is showing that he can be a very valuable 4th line player who kills penalties. I would hope that Miller would sit when Williams is back. Will Abdelkader get sent down when Homer or Mule get back?

In my mind there is absolutely zer chance of Miller sitting when Williams comes back. Abdelkader will be moved down to GR, Williams plugged into the second line most likely, and Miller shifted down to the fourth.

THere may be some different line juggling to balance things a little but with how Filppula and Williams were doing to start the year I think they'll stay together. Adding Cleary onto the other wing only makes the line that much better. Plus, as well as Miller has done with the Wings so far, and I'm loving him right now, he is not a top six forward. He's a bottom six and most likely only a fourth liner. So he'll be moved down accordingly and the depth chart will follow suit.