• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/29 GDT: Predators 2 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Wow, Hornquist nearly put it away for Nashville, thankfully, he had a Bertuzzi moment and hit the crossbar. Wings go on the PK because of a Lidstrom hook on Hornquist.

We cannot say that the Wings aren't getting some breaks tonight. And Howard kept them in the game in the first period.

When the PK was playing well, they were challenging the point men.

Like I said earlier, now they're just standing around in their stupid collapsing style, and letting the other teams tee off on them. Our defense isn't strong enough to outmuscle people out front, so we need to challenge the shooters.

Babcock and McCrimmon have proven these last two years that they know nothing about the PK. This style just isn't working, nor should it.

I think the box down low is in response to other teams figuring out the Wings' tendency to pressure the D in the past. When our PP started reverting back from spectacular to average I remember our forwards being too high and having opposing players open in the slot. Actually I think Mickey pointed this out a number of times also.

I think the box down low is in response to other teams figuring out the Wings' tendency to pressure the D in the past. When our PP started reverting back from spectacular to average I remember our forwards being too high and having opposing players open in the slot. Actually I think Mickey pointed this out a number of times also.

With our undersized defense, a collapsing style is not good.

If you let the point men shoot all the time, you need to clear the crease. On top of that you can't have a goalie that gives up lots of rebounds.

That's why the collapsing style isn't good for this team. Howard gives up lots of rebounds, and we don't tie up enough sticks down low. We need to start preventing more pucks from reaching our goalie. They're doing just the opposite.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest mindfly
According to Keating, Miller will be sticking around. Hope to God he's right.

Miller is money in the playoffs, he's like a veteran when it comes to that.

With our undersized defense, a collapsing style is not good.

If you let the point men shoot all the time, you need to clear the crease. On top of that you can't have a goalie that gives up lots of rebounds.

That's why the collapsing style isn't good for this team. Howard gives up lots of rebounds, and we don't tie up enough sticks down low.

oh I agree I was just suggesting a possibility for why we don't see forwards as aggressive at the point as in the past

When the PK was playing well, they were challenging the point men.

Like I said earlier, now they're just standing around in their stupid collapsing style, and letting the other teams tee off on them. Our defense isn't strong enough to outmuscle people out front, so we need to challenge the shooters.

Those last two PKs I think they just couldn't get a clear for a while and were gassed by the end and couldn't do anything but stand around.

Ummm. And this has what to do with whether they're good looking or not?

:ph34r:

hehe... they wear old hats and smell like garlic? ;)

I don't get what's wrong with them. other than the ad is so boring and old...

Those Bernstein's sure are a good lookin' group of people :thumbup:

My dad called me a few weeks ago with a story that kinda cracks me up. I guess he ran into the blind one while shopping in a shoe store in downtown Birmingham. And of course, he's blind, so shopping for shoes isn't exactly straightforward, and he ended up asking my dad for help in picking out shoes. Apparently he didn't seem to trust the employee's at all without getting my dad's opinion first. And he ended up purchasing exactly what my dad recommended.

Other than that, he just commented on how utterly odd (not in regards to the blindness, just odd in general) yet pompous he was, particularly in how he came into the store and conducted himself. But he sure seemed to like and trust my dad...